Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Scotland - Weather Chat

BlueHedgehog074

Posted
  • Location: Grangemouth, Central Scotland 5m ASL Weekday mornings and afternoons: Edinburgh
  • Weather Preferences: Winter: cold, snow, fog Summer: warm, sunny
  • Location: Grangemouth, Central Scotland 5m ASL Weekday mornings and afternoons: Edinburgh

Lightning going on here now too. Seen one big flash across the sky with a lot of frequent small ones as well. Light rain coming on for about 10 seconds at a time before going off again. Would be good if we can get thunder and lightning with that cluster of heavy rain,

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, Thunderstorms, Warm summer evenings

Lights probably going to go out here soon, insane lightning and gunshot thunder

edit: lights flickering rapidly, this is absolutely mental

Edited by Mesosphere
  • Like 1

Posted

Chilling outside with laptop and a beer, currently 23ºc according to thermometer i've sat on the table ! flat calm in centre of Inverness, is it worth staying up a bit I wonder, shower cells moving North - will anything reach? 

Posted

boom! just got woken by thunder and lightning moving in. Bit later than expected. .. amazing lightning, always knew it was still going to happen...

Posted

Well you've been waiting all day and here it comes some severe stuff embedded in there I'd imagine.

post-19153-0-25731800-1435796199_thumb.j

• Like 1

Posted

pretty frequent lightning for 5 or 10 minutes but moving off north now. Fife looks like a good spot going by the radar...

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow in winter, sun in summer!

pretty frequent lightning for 5 or 10 minutes but moving off north now. Fife looks like a good spot going by the radar...

Yup, Been going on for over an hour here, mostly over the Forth. Thunder isn't that loud though, even with the close ones.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, Thunderstorms, Warm summer evenings

Frequent lightning here for the last 45 minutes, both IC and CG. Thunder also very loud

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter: cold, snow, fog Summer: warm, sunny

Been raining for a while now. That was more than I was expecting.

Was trying to upload a video of the storm but it's not working

Edited by GrangemouthBairn

Posted

Some good old thunder and lightning here. Rude wake up call indeed :D

Posted

Rain drops splatting on the parasol I'm sitting under... but that looks like that's all the action there's going to be in the near future! Think I'll go to bed, probably sleep through anything interesting now! lol!

[edit]

There's a slight inversion taking shape on CairnGorm, it's 1ºc warmer at 2500ft than it is at Loch Morlich and the humidity is 15% lower at 2500ft as well. 19ºc at 2500ft and 18ºc at Loch Morlich at 1050ish ft. 

Edited by skifreak

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold and snowy or warm and dry

Right that's it, I getting a divorce! Wife just asked "did you see the thunderstorm last night? It was amazing". No I bloody didn't, I was asleep in bed and she didn't wake me up. Loads of lightning but not much thunder apparently, rain and wind gusts included too.

Edited by Ravelin
  • Like 3

Right that's it, I getting a divorce! Wife just asked "did you see the thunderstorm last night? It was amazing". No I bloody didn't, I was asleep in bed and she didn't wake me up. Loads of lightning but not much thunder apparently, rain and wind gusts included too.

One small silver lining for you, I properly laughed at this when I read this. It sounds like my wife in winter time when she kept taking the dog up to the woods for a walk when I was working and then she'd text me to say "You should see the snow up here.....". If you find a good divorce lawyer pass on the details :rofl:

Edit: Seems like we slept through it all down here too....oooops :)

Edited by CatchMyDrift

Posted

Well it's been a while now but I lived in Orlando for nearly 3yrs so I've seen more than my fair share of amazing lightning shows.

Temp is 20c here already this morning and it looks like we're in line to be the warmest area today thanks to a change in wind direction. Foehn effect no doubt. If I'm reading my weather station correctly RH of 91% too.

Edited by Ravelin

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Storms, wild! wild! wild! Frost, a wee bit o' sun....

So, who's got a bad dose o' sunburn then? Not me! So much for a heatwave, all we had was light cloud, strong breezes ( aye OK, at least it kept the midges at bay! ) but admitedly it was and still is a good deal warmer than it has been of late.Currently 19.3c, murky and calm so we will be breakfast for the aforementioned midges. So, that was it, was it? Any chance we may see some summer yet up oor way? Apparently there were some thunderstorms yesterday on Skye, not where I live, but it rained overnight. Surprise!

• Like 1

Posted

Some cracking photos of the storm I slept through last night on this BBC story...

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotland-north-east-orkney-shetland-33362189

I particularly like the 4th one down of multiple strikes near Edinburgh taken by Kit Carruthers. That's got to be a long exposure though surely, with the strikes being over a close period but not simultaneous.

Temp up to 24C here now but thankfully there's a breeze, which is making the office bearable with the windows and doors open.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and cold in winter and dry and very warm in summer

Reasonably humid today, 18.8c.

Feeling not too cold after yesterday.

Very cloudy though. Dew point of 15.6c and humidity of 85% so hence the warmer feel.

Would rather have the 24c Ravelin is reporting but could be worse.

Winter looks set to return later next week for the far north so I'll stop complaining, although the SE will see summer continue which hasn't really got going here.

Still plenty time I suppose and there has been many worse summers in recent memory a la 2007 and 2012

Edited by SW Saltire

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Freezing fog, frost, snow, sunshine.

Another great day here at 23.8'C

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy winters, warm spring, hot summers - nae chance in Scottie though!

Amazing lightening here last night!!! Just had to watch for a while! Some fab photos on the bbc website

Really hope the warm weather comes back soon.

Posted

Stormy night in Fife too.

Today much nicer than yesterday here in NE Fife, already some 6c warmer with 23c at Midday.