Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Scotland - Weather Chat

BlueHedgehog074

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Freezing fog, frost, snow, sunshine.

30'C just west of Inverness near Abriachan.

• Like 1

30'C just west of Inverness near Abriachan.

When I looked at the WRF-NMM on Meteociel earlier it had a max of 31ºC round about there today, could be close to a record if it keeps on at this rate.

Posted

When I looked at the WRF-NMM on Meteociel earlier it had a max of 31ºC round about there today, could be close to a record if it keeps on at this rate.

Could well be the case! There are some insane temperature variations going on in the Inverness area which could trigger some serious activity this afternoon, though I'd expect the difference to lessen somewhat as the day goes on.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, Thunderstorms, Warm summer evenings

Cell has fired over the borders heading N, Catch i'd keep your eyes peeled! Actually as I type two cells! Lightning detected! Streams of warm air arriving here now, temp is rocketing  :shok:

Edit 1148: Judging by the 1140 radar, they are going to give Dunbar a direct hit, slight NNE tilt. I should get a view from the W, side on! 

Edited by Mesosphere

Posted

Wind in the east, sunny spells, 16c - some 9c cooler than yesterday.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and cold in winter and dry and very warm in summer

Now a sizzling 26.2c

I was outside working so I've officially melted but it is quite nice in shorts and a t-shirt if you are just lounging around.

Cloud rolled in now so that'll stop the temperature really going high. T-storms may not be far away, particularly once that cold front starts to destabilise the air and remove some of the capping which is preventing some of these high towering clouds from developing into real beasts.

Posted

First thunderheads begining to develop over the Cairngorms to the south.Stopped scarifying neeps just to hot and humid  in the old tractor cab.Meanwhile young Mr. Northernlights taking in hay in air conditioned cab and looking very cool.Will go back to to neeps later in the afternoon  and eveningif it stays dry.Currently sunny and 28c

• Like 1

Posted

Temp in the city centre of Inverness seems to be rocketing, 19'C to 24'C in under 90 minutes. A lot of warm air around so not much of a surprise.

29'C here at present.

Edited by NorthernRab
  • Like 2

Posted

Anyone in Lochaber? Seems to be a big thunderstorm developing there?

We've got raindrops....

Hope you have your camera ready in case there are fireworks!

Anyone in Lochaber? Seems to be a big thunderstorm developing there?

Hope you have your camera ready in case there are fireworks!

I always have my camera on standby :)

Any storms growing down south making it up to my neck of the woods?

A couple of small ones heading north in the Borders. The Met-O warning has been extended north too :)

Edit: http://www.metoffice.gov.uk/public/weather/warnings/#?tab=warnings&map=Warnings&zoom=5&lon=-3.50&lat=55.50&fcTime=1435705200&regionName=dg

Not sure why it's not shown the whole UK warning as that was the page I was on.

Edited by CatchMyDrift

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold and snowy or warm and dry

Not as warm here in Dyce as some of you are getting, but I'm not complaining since I'm sitting in what is effectively a tin box with windows. Just comfortable at the moment with the windows open and a bit of a breeze outside.

Last night was a sticky one and trying to get to sleep was a problem. At home in Kemnay at 11:30pm it was still over 17C outside and dead calm so no breeze through the house.

Officially 18.7C in Dyce at midday but showing 21C on my car thermometer when I was out. 24.8C in Aboyne though, which shows the difference being inland a bit can make so I expect at home in Kemnay it'll be 22-23C.

Not sure I'd want to be 'daawn sauth' as we're just no acclimatised for those sorts of temperatures (certainly not had a chance to get acclimatised this year so far anyway).

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, Sunshine

Here at my work in stilring still hot but skys are hazy and the wind is picked up a bit what does tell me these storms are coming big big time now

Posted

ooft much warmer in Edinburgh now. The sky is looking much darker to the south as well as the hot air moves in.

Posted

Surprised the atmosphere hasn't exploded yet here although now the cloud's starting to rise. Really getting quite windy too

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy winters, warm spring, hot summers - nae chance in Scottie though!

Really lovely and hot in the sunshine.

Feeling spits & spots of rain with clouds building now

Posted

Some extremely angry looking clouds forming around Inverness.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow,snow and....a bit more snow

Well, I think some of us will definetely be seeing some action today...but where?

Very warm and sultry at the moment with a strong wind picking up .

Looks as though the real action could be further north and east later on......already some interest further towards the northwest and currently moving in towards the Edinburgh area.

post-18260-0-92755600-1435753819_thumb.jpost-18260-0-46060400-1435753841_thumb.jpost-18260-0-17854200-1435753929_thumb.j

Posted

Certainly no heatwave in NE Fife (17c under cloudy skies) but we did have a rumble of thunder ten minutes ago....

• Like 1

Posted

NE Scotland being under a tornado watch is not something I can recall before, although it may have happened. There have certainly been funnel clouds over the countryside before. I would have preferred temps in the mid 20s before being blown away , but there you go!  

Posted
  • Location: Grangemouth, Central Scotland 5m ASL Weekday mornings and afternoons: Edinburgh
  • Weather Preferences: Winter: cold, snow, fog Summer: warm, sunny
  • Location: Grangemouth, Central Scotland 5m ASL Weekday mornings and afternoons: Edinburgh

Almost completely overcast here now but still very warm. Got a bad feeling that this altostratus cloud cover could spoil the thunderstorm development later on.