Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

North West England - Weather Chat

Thunderbolt_

Posted

Can't wait for this cool, unsettled crap to do one. Almost got frostbite waiting at the bus stop earlier. Bring on a late spring/early summer warm spell instead.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot sunshine and thunderstorms. Mild in winter.

Can't wait for this cool, unsettled crap to do one. Almost got frostbite waiting at the bus stop earlier. Bring on a late spring/early summer warm spell instead.

As miserable as it is, I suppose it's better now than in July or August.

Posted

Oh dear a poor day for May. Grey leaden skies all day, rain this morning and lunchtime quite heavy, showery this afternoon, further heavy downpours this evening and a cold breeze. Miserable. Its a dark evening as well, very gloomy, current temp a chilly 8.5 degrees. This isn't what I want from May!

Unfortunately I'm less than inspired with the outlook, perhaps a drier slot Thurs-Fri but nothing special temp wise, indeed a little below average, weekend looking poor, next week sees the dreaded NW-SE divide.

Willing for vast improvements as we enter second half of the month.

Edited by damianslaw
  • Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot sunshine and thunderstorms. Mild in winter.

An awful, awful, awful day today. 9C and rain... how miserable.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer heat and winter cold, and a bit of snow when on offer

Yup ,same here rain till 2pm then clearance for what it's worth ......

And here although the clearance never really arrived.

Showers became less biblical but the sun never bothered to put in an appearance.

Never mind, there's always tomorrow for some decent weather, or next week, or next winter.

And here although the clearance never really arrived.

Showers became less biblical but the sun never bothered to put in an appearance.

Never mind, there's always tomorrow for some decent weather, or next week, or next winter.

it was a repeat of yesterday just wetter ,hopefully next couple of days will be better :)...

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer heat and winter cold, and a bit of snow when on offer

it was a repeat of yesterday just wetter ,hopefully next couple of days will be better :)...

Wettest day here for ages but as you say, the next couple of days should be better.

Then rain just in time for the weekend.

Posted

Another poor day, similar to yesterday but a much better evening. Heavy rain morning and through lunchtime, cleared this afternoon. Max temp nudging 11 degrees, below the May average again.

Tomorrow should be a much better day, dry and with some sunny spells, though temps again look like being below average.

Its all a bit miserable at the moment weatherwise.

Posted

Much better day made 15 c ,nice :)..

Same here, dry other than a brief rogue shower during the afternoon.

Apart from that, mainly sunny with a bit of broken cloud at times and feeling pleasantly warm.

Certainly a lot better than yesterday when heavy morning showers had sleet mixed in with them.

Posted

A far better day than the past 2. It has stayed dry and we have had much sunshine, though quite fresh feeling with a cool breeze, temps not too far off the May average. Tomorrow downhill again, Saturday looks showery but probably starting to feel a bit more humid. Sunday could go one of two ways either bright and very mild with a muggy feel, or overcast and muggy with the threat of drizzle and the awful low cloud that we get under moist southwesterlies, we shall see.

Longer term outlook - yes warming up early next week, but most likely cloudy or bright at best not wall to wall sunshine, then more unsettled rather unpleasant weather for May. I'm not inspired with the way this May is transpiring (blame once again a good April.. becoming a theme.. I'd rather have a dry sunny mild May than a dry sunny mild April - too early and wasted on April when good weather can't be taken to its full advantage unlike May-July with the extra daylight, stronger sunshine).

• Like 1

Posted

Yes, it's depressing to see such fail synoptics rear their ugly head in May. Really can't be bothered with tomorrow. The afternoon/evening is going to be absolutely atrocious.

We'd better get something out of this upcoming "window", otherwise this has the potential to end up a truly awful May.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: the stormier the better...

Apparently according to another member on here I only ever post negative posts and I'm absent when the sun is shining and the weather nice..So not able to post about how dire May has been so far this year... !

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy weather

It has been raining here heavily all afternoon and shows no signs of stopping. A miserable day.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunny and blisteringly hot

Another January day in May.  Heavy rain and a miserable 10.1C after a very cold night @ 3.8C.  So dark I need my room lights.  Looks like our brief warm spell anticipated for the weekend has already evaporated.

Four and a half months of barely double digit daytime maxima while the night frosts continue.

Posted

Started raining early afternoon here and has hammered it down since.

All being well, a drier couple days to follow but no surprise that next weeks taste of summer has been downgraded into a further extension to what is turning into a lengthy spell of poor weather.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy weather

Stil raining heavily and its gone quite dark. Cant even get out in garden to feed my fish !!

Edited by Miamay

Posted

Stil raining heavily and its gone quite dark. Cant even get out in garden to feed my fish !!

If the rain carries on like it is, the fish will be coming into you for feeding.