Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

South West & Central Southern England - Weather Chat

Nick L

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold, snow and summer heatwaves.

Did it again... intensified over Bristol and left me with 30 seconds of light wet snow before fizzling out. :nonono:

If Bristol was higher it could have had some decent snow so far although I expect Bristol airport might have a dusting.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: The fabled channel low

Some good reports coming in again. But sounds like another case what could of been, a degree colder here and there, late feb not early jan, more intense ppn, we could of all been having settling snow showers. This season will be remembered for Polar Maritime weather. I can't remember the last time we had a real cold block that came to an end with a snow to rain breakdown. Yes the snow might not stay about but to have 4 or 5 hours of heavy snow continually seems to have passed us by for quite a while now.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy Winters, Torrential Storm Summers

Some good reports coming in again. But sounds like another case what could of been, a degree colder here and there, late feb not early jan, more intense ppn, we could of all been having settling snow showers. This season will be remembered for Polar Maritime weather. I can't remember the last time we had a real cold block that came to an end with a snow to rain breakdown. Yes the snow might not stay about but to have 4 or 5 hours of heavy snow continually seems to have passed us by for quite a while now.

Agree. The decent covering I had 3 weeks ago was good, was nice to see, but it was gone fairly quickly and it was in the early hours. You cant beat seeing snow that settles during the daylight hours. I only remember that happening once and that was in 2010 I think from memory when we had a red warning( few days before christmas).

Overall I'm fairly happy with this winter, but that's only because last year was hell in terms of cold. 

At least I got to wake my 4 year old daughter up and sing "do you want to build a snowman" and to see her face when she looked out of the window was priceless! 

• Like 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Continental winters & summers.

Did it again... intensified over Bristol and left me with 30 seconds of light wet snow before fizzling out. :nonono:

If Bristol was higher it could have had some decent snow so far although I expect Bristol airport might have a dusting.

Dundry might also get some. May even be able to see if it has from Bristol.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: warehamwx.co.uk

I had a little bit of hail from a shower earlier. But, that's about as wintry as i got here. A nice drop in temperature during the shower though..

post-15177-0-08510300-1424693724_thumb.p

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot Summer, Snowy winter and thunderstorms all year round!

heavy snow shower here, big flakes, and starting to settle  :smile:

• Like 2

Posted
  • Location: SW of Sherborne. About a mile from the Somerset border.

Only one very light and short lived shower here this morning and that was of very cold rain.  However, OH reports that there was quite a covering of snow at some point this morning in the Cerne Abbas area.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Continental winters & summers.

Pretty sure I just heard thunder to the west of here.

Posted

Another heavy shower started with rain for 10 minutes then had 5 minutes of heavy snow back to rain now the sun is coming out. 

• Like 2

Posted

Just started snowing again but its not settling this time, showers are just too light I expected more than this to be honest.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot Summer, Snowy winter and thunderstorms all year round!

another snow shower has passed through....done and dusted in 5 mins this time.....the one a coupe of hours ago had some of the heaviest snow I've ever seen....despite very wet ground it gave an instant covering, although it rapidly melted

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer:sunny, some Thunder,Winter:cold & snowy spells,Other:transitional

another snow shower has passed through....done and dusted in 5 mins this time.....the one a coupe of hours ago had some of the heaviest snow I've ever seen....despite very wet ground it gave an instant covering, although it rapidly melted

I'm hoping that same cell might provide me another snow day for the records but as of yet, I have had nothing but rain. 

Posted

I'm hoping that same cell might provide me another snow day for the records but as of yet, I have had nothing but rain. 

Wrong time of day.. you need a covering at 9am :D  Most of showers have missed me today except for the one snowstorm I had at 7am which hung around for the records.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer:sunny, some Thunder,Winter:cold & snowy spells,Other:transitional

Wrong time of day.. you need a covering at 9am :D  Most of showers have missed me today except for the one snowstorm I had at 7am which hung around for the records.

NK, I didn't mean an official snow lying day but merely a day where I see snowflakes falling. Turns out, that the last cell which passed overhead might have contained a few sleety flakes but nothing more notable, unfortunately.

Edited by gottolovethisweather

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Storms, Gales, frost, fog & snow

Lovely hailstorm passing through, accompanied by squally icy winds.

I've seen Sleet, Snow, Rain, Hail, Sun and felt some very icy winds during my travels today.

That's what you call a convective day.

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Severe weather enthusiast

Lovely hailstorm passing through, accompanied by squally icy winds.

I've seen Sleet, Snow, Rain, Hail, Sun and felt some very icy winds during my travels today.

That's what you call a convective day.

Same here. Even if it does mean I've seen more snow falling today than I have throughout the whole winter :laugh: ... Can't wait for the thunderstorm hunting season to get underway :p Edited by Chris K
  • Like 1

Posted

A very short lived small hail shower in Martock early afternoon.  Nowt else here except a little rain right now.

Posted

Looks like we are all done down here for the day and no doubt winter. So if i don't see you before have a great summer and see you Dec 1st

• Like 2