Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Southeast England & East Anglia - Weather Chat >> 1st Feb Onwards

Paul Sherman

Posted

Great Look E forecast.

Snow from tonight onwards especially for W parts of Norfolk, Cambs, Beds, Northants. Very little for the S & E of this region though. The main area is as the GFS forecast which is basically anywhere S&W of the Wash as a Wash streamer is expected to develop.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, T Storms.

Looking at radar the showers to my east seem to be moving more westward than they have been, may be the wind is more north east now.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Lightning, Snow and photographically interesting weather

Just had a rain shower in central Peterborough, Temps still a bit on the high side, 2.2c and DP +0.1c although both are very slowly dropping (still have a few small patches of snow from Monday evening left in the shade on the lawn - but mostly all gone now)

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, sun, thunder, storms, frosts, summer heatwaves.

Am I right in saying 10mm of rain  = 100mm of snow (approx 10 times) so 10cm's?

Yes.  But that 10cms will amount to nowt a/ if theres no precip! and b/ if the temp is above 0 so....a slushy mass of a few cms is not out of the question.  hills above 150m maybe 3-4 cms max????

Dover will not be the place to be Daniel - simply too near the E coast and too low.  Somewhere in the east Kent massif like Whitfield 4 miles N or Capel le Ferne or Paddleswrth possibly or even further inland at the likes of alpine Hastingleigh at 175m.  As someone (Daniel?) said, we shall see.

Posted

dp is rising here just up to 1.2, I was hoping to see it drop.

After midnight is when the DP drops and the wind swings E of N?

Posted

Well this looks promising especially for higher ground in north kent if it continues the SW track (yeah I need to charge my phone lol)

post-4391-0-76252300-1423077452_thumb.jp

Edited by Nemesis

Posted

Yes.  But that 10cms will amount to nowt a/ if theres no precip! and b/ if the temp is above 0 so....a slushy mass of a few cms is not out of the question.  hills above 150m maybe 3-4 cms max????

Dover will not be the place to be Daniel - simply too near the E coast and too low.  Somewhere in the east Kent massif like Whitfield 4 miles N or Capel le Ferne or Paddleswrth possibly or even further inland at the likes of alpine Hastingleigh at 175m.  As someone (Daniel?) said, we shall see.

We get -10C 850s glancing extreme SE which includes Dover if that is marginal even to sea level then I give up. :p You are quite right in saying those will elevation will do well but that is standard stuff. I was just clarifying, since a fellow poster did not rate Dover's chances, and I see the locale to do rather well.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Varied and not extreme.

Wymondham weather station on Wunderground is showing 0.9C and a dw point of -2C - is this rather low?

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: snow cold,storms and heat

My temp and dewpoint still rising , why is this ? I thought it would be dropping , it dropped earlier but is on the increase Grrrr

Posted

We get -10C 850s glancing extreme SE which includes Dover if that is marginal even to sea level then I give up. :p You are quite right in saying those will elevation will do well but that is standard stuff. I was just clarifying, since a fellow poster did not rate Dover's chances, and I see the locale to do rather well.

The problem is, Daniel, that risk (liklihood) the colder air arrives after the streamer has passed.  Then we're into increasingly feeble showers created by uplift of an increasingly stable air-mass so places in the North Downs and just south like Ashford may do well out of that later in the day. :p

Posted

I have absolutely no doubt that I'll wake up to nothing again tomorrow.............

A bit of reverse psychology can't hurt surely?  :whistling:

Seriously though, if I expect nothing then I can't be disappointed  :)

Oooh, and just so we're weather related........... temp 2.4 dp 0  :D

Posted

I have absolutely no doubt that I'll wake up to nothing again tomorrow.............

A bit of reverse psychology can't hurt surely?  :whistling:

Seriously though, if I expect nothing then I can't be disappointed  :)

Oooh, and just so we're weather related........... temp 2.4 dp 0  :D

Frankly, an eminently sensible approach.  I too IMBY expect almost nothing.  I expect a slushy dusting up on them thar hills tho.

Posted

Well this looks promising especially for higher ground in north kent if it continues the SW track (yeah I need to charge my phone lol)

But breaking up at the moment as they head south. Maybe that'll change later on tonight?

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and frost in the winter. Hot and sunny, thunderstorms in the summer.

Tonight

Wintry showers pushing through the region in bands. Some accumulations inland potentially. 

Temperatures - 0-2C

Tomorrow

post-17424-0-26386400-1423079362_thumb.p

Moderate east to north east wind

Further showers pushing into the region, mixed with sunny spells.

Temperatures

nmmuk-0-25-0.png?04-18

3-5C

Overnight

post-17424-0-32478800-1423079363_thumb.p

Showers dying out, very cold though with clear spells bring a widespread frost.

Temperatures - between 0C and -5C. Coldest inland.

Friday

post-17424-0-36713200-1423079364_thumb.p

Fresh to strong easterly wind

A cold day with sunny spells and patchy cloud. Feeling raw in the wind

Temperatures

nmmuk-0-49-0.png?04-18

2-4C

Saturday

post-17424-0-38494200-1423079365_thumb.p

Another widespread frost, a bright start before cloud increases from the north. Patchy rain later.

Temperatures - 4-6C