Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Southeast England & East Anglia - Weather Chat >> 1st Feb Onwards

Paul Sherman

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: snow, thunderstorms

When?

I'm more concerned about the next 48hrs tbh because I have no idea what will happen :rofl:

From what he was saying the weekend onwards

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunny Days and a little Snow.

From what he was saying the weekend onwards

Ok cool, thanks both ^^

I'm not sure I can take another round so soon :rofl:  :nonono:

Posted

Disappointed to see the latest BBC weather forcast for the week ahead has downgraded our snow for Thursday compared to the earlier forecast posted today..

http://www.bbc.co.uk/weather/

Personally I think the BBC forecasts have been very poor recently.

For starters the polar low incident! At 18.30 the BBC were predicting snow for Wales, SW England when many of us said the snow would be much further E because the NAE got the track of the LP wrong. Now what annoyed me is at 10.30 they continued to predict snow for Wales when rain was being reported.

We then had last night's forecast at 10.30 when the BBC never even mentioned the snow that was falling much further SW than predicted.

Basically the gist of what im saying is when it comes to nowcasting I find the BBC very poor and slow to react. Rather than sticking to the script the presenters should just do the basics of looking at the radar or even sticking their heads out of the window!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow Snow and more Snow!

I honestly don't think they are even close to sure what will happen. We have all seen the sudden awakening of the easterly before, the sudden streamer cropping up and so on. 

Those blobs coming in over EA are on a direct course for Medway.

Posted

Right off to bed.

My expectations tonight is for a band of more organised snow showers to spread across Cambs, Norfolk between 3-6am which could push S into Suffolk, Essex. However my current thinking is many of these showers will weaken once they move inland and may only survive inland around 30-60 miles from the coast.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, T Storms.

Last shower sleety rain, but dp is on the move downwards so will see what happens with the next one or two before bed. Or if it goes back up forget it al together.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and plenty of it.

Seems like we've all given up hope and gone to bed. Night all.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, T Storms.

Seems like we've all given up hope and gone to bed. Night all.

Yep all rain here, going too, night everyone.

Posted

Right off to bed.

My expectations tonight is for a band of more organised snow showers to spread across Cambs, Norfolk between 3-6am which could push S into Suffolk, Essex. However my current thinking is many of these showers will weaken once they move inland and may only survive inland around 30-60 miles from the coast.

After a clear night it's 4.40 am and snowing in cambs ....TEITS..go to the top of the class !!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: snow and not to hot

Had very brief and light snow when I was walking the dog this morning. Chilly still

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: thunderstorms and HEAVY snow

Try this...though based from a Canadian perspective describes an Omega block and what it does to the the weather

http://www.theweathernetwork.com/news/articles/omega-block-locks-next-weeks-weather-in-place/32623/ (video)

and this...

http://www.theweatherprediction.com/blocking/

Was trying to say thank you. Not sure on how to reply directly....hence why I go along "liking" everyone's postings! Sorry! :)

Edited by snowsummer

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot Summers, Cold Winters.

Wow, just wow, woke up and looked out and couldn't believe what I was seeing! Heavy heavy snow, the whole garden white and looking as though someone had thrown a pure white blanket over it. But hold on, why is there a horse over in the corner apparently drinking a cup of coffee, why does my garden look only half the size it actually is and where's my shed gone!!??

Bl**dy dreams! Grrrr...... 😒

Just noticed that this is my 300th post, considering I joined the forum in Feb 2005, not exactly prolific am I?😊

Edited by MarcB

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunder Storms & Snow!

Wow, just wow, woke up and looked out and couldn't believe what I was seeing! Heavy heavy snow, the whole garden white and looking as though someone had thrown a pure white blanket over it. But hold on, why is there a horse over in the corner apparently drinking a cup of coffee, why does my garden look only half the size it actually is and where's my shed gone!!??

Bl**dy dreams! Grrrr......

Just noticed that this is my 300th post, considering I joined the forum in Feb 2005, not exactly prolific am I?

Haha! Do horses like coffee? Made me chuckle!

Posted

So glad I had a night off radar watching and got a good night's sleep....Good Morning Britain are really hyping up the cold weather because of this met office weather warning. So over the top. They have reporters dotted over the country...the one in Beverley where they have 3cm of snow said it's the "beast from the East" that's causing all the problems. How misinformed can they all be lol. And one of the lady reporters from Lancaster said "I'll show you how cold it is today" held up the thermometer "it showed 1c" laughable!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and frost in the winter. Hot and sunny, thunderstorms in the summer.

Grey and frosty this morning. Looking like a dull day with the potential of snow flurries inland and perhaps heavier wintry showers around the coasts (especially Norfolk)

Or it could rain everywhere  :sorry:

Edited by Captain shortwave

Posted
  • Location: Ditchling East Sussex , on the South Downs 12 miles North of Brighton
  • Weather Preferences: Snow , Sun and lightning
  • Location: Ditchling East Sussex , on the South Downs 12 miles North of Brighton

Lovely frost here this morning, thought it was a snow dusting at first but alas it's not:-( turned very grey now with little visibility , hoping for sleet but will as some posters are saying it will probably rain

Posted

The weather forecasters this morning are pretty adamant that it will only be rain (and possibly sleet) today. Potential to turn to snow tonight though with a possible covering in places. Thursday night again has potential.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold Cold Cold

Good morning, a quiet night last night, no radar watching!!

Temp 1

Dp -1.6

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: snow,thunder,tornados

theres that swear word again,potential.

dire is my word of the day,it pretty much sums up this unbelievable cold spell.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and frost in the winter. Hot and sunny, thunderstorms in the summer.

The sun is coming out here. The temperature is hovering around freezing. Off to Bracknell today for an interview.

Posted

Just noticed that this is my 300th post, considering I joined the forum in Feb 2005, not exactly prolific am I?

I joined in Feb 2005 too, must have been a good month :)