Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Southeast England & East Anglia - Weather Chat >> 1st Feb Onwards

Paul Sherman

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunny Days and a little Snow.

Same here - very pretty (-:

Raintoday radar says rain tho, maybe it's our height above sea level

Thursday looks to be interesting according to the Euro4:

attachicon.gif15020506_0306.gif

as for today.. those showers drifting in from the sea could/might liven up? .. wishful thinking me thinks :unsure2:

The next few frames will be interesting once released later today.

15020503_0306.gif

15020506_0306.gif

15020506_0306.gif

15020506_0306.gif

Then look what that heavier batch in the first two charts show and compare it to the accumulation charts for our friends across the water !!!...

IMO this is why the tv forecasts seem to be fence sitting at the moment, slight shift and boom chaos in our region.

15020506_0306.gif

Edited by Kent Blizzard

Posted

Clearing skies now here with sunny spells, lovely low topped Cb's heading SSW About 40-50 miles to my east a lovely sight to see some convection when looking out towards the North Sea.

Kent Clipper could allign further west with time but a steady train of Cb's in the Snow Machine that is the Southern North Sea, if it does creep westwards it would bring the Ashford to Hastings favoured spots into the Mix later today which I spoke about over the weekend when replying to the lady from Hastings.

Might be a few reports of Kentimetres of Snow later in Kentishire!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy November to March and Sunny and warm April to October

Could do with a more east of north element to benefit more of the region north east not so good for my area and.many others

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Surprises

Nice charts Kent Blizzard - looking forward to a few surprises  :)

I think i might have to ask Santa for a new weather station tho... it says +0.5c dew point and Temp of +1.5c  And it's been snowing here (quite heavy at times past half hour) despite most of the laying snow melted away...

I had thought the Dew point would have to be below zero for snow fall  :cc_confused:

edit, snow stopped and sun out again

Edited by Pixel

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: snow, storms or both at same time..

I missed out on any laying snow again, but did see some falling this morning which was nice.

I'm well and truly going to get my snow fix within a few days though, I'm driving from Brighton to Nordkapp in northern Norway, set off this Friday :)

it's quite a drive but should see plenty of snow I hope lol, this is the route im taking

https://www.google.co.uk/maps/dir/Brighton,+The+City+of+Brighton+and+Hove,+UK/Nordkapp,+Norway/@54.2461393,4.2875073,4z/data=!4m19!4m18!1m10!1m1!1s0x48758509f6294167:0x9cc6af7a727d0ef9!2m2!1d-0.137163!2d50.82253!3m4!1m2!1d9.4295022!2d55.5159251!3s0x464c9fc5894d1665:0xab4c53360a1724a5!1m5!1m1!1s0x45c84d0bd8c4b99d:0xf78ac6d09a715470!2m2!1d25.799172!2d71.1654609!3e0

Some parts of that route at the top but away from the sea were -38c last week, but only -15c this week, quite some difference!

Anyone on here hazard a guess what the weather like over the next couple of weeks in that northern part of Norway?

Rob.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Heavy snow and ice days

I was going to inform everyone that we've just had a very light snow shower in Hailsham, however, it has now stopped and as it was so fleeting and pathetic I don't think I'll bother.

Posted

Had a snow shower then turned to little snow like balls ( whatever they may be) at least I've seen a few flakes so im happy now. Snow symbols for 6till 9 from met office so i shall wait for my next snow shower :-)

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: love snow and frosty mornings

well snow melted away very quickly,one min white outside next all gone, but  at least i had a covering, even though it didn't last for long, shame though, oh well getting ready for the next exciting event  :)

accu have me down for rain or snow tonight, interesting, wont hold my breath though

Posted

Precip accumulation of the last 12 hours in the region, showing areas that got the most

attachicon.gifScreen Shot 2015-02-03 at 12.25.49.png

Wow, for once we were in the heaviest area:) Explains the confusion at my son's school in Uxbridge where little snow remain after I left a still very snowy and slushy Surbiton slithering around all over the side roads for rather a long journey in.

Posted

gutted I'm missing all the fun...out in Marrakesh working till thursday. Will there be anything left to look forward too when I'm back late thuirsday eve?

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunny Days and a little Snow.

gutted I'm missing all the fun...out in Marrakesh working till thursday. Will there be anything left to look forward too when I'm back late thuirsday eve?

You won't see anything because your flight will be delayed due to heavy snowfall at Gatwick & Heathrow so you will be stuck in Marrakesh  :rofl:

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold, Snowy Weather

Just drove back up to Croydon after a couple of days on the Kent/Sussex coastal border, where a friend reports a light snow shower in the last couple of hours or so. Went through a few flurries on the A21, just south of Tunbridge Wells, where first dusting of lying snow was noticed. A little more in the way of patchy cover, near Sevenoaks. Then a more obvious cover as we headed towards the North Downs and up over Westerham Hill, with around a couple of Kentimetres at a very picturesque looking Biggin Hill. :wink:

Then on through Addington, where there was still a very decent cover, from viewing the radar grabs seems as if the heavier cells dropped NE/SW just to the north of Biggin. Then good covering still over Haute Val d'Yamkin (Shirley Hills), all the way to the outskirts of Croydon.

Back down to the Kent/Sussex coast tomorrow night and keeping fingers crossed for a possible snow chase, north-eastwards towards Folkestone/Dover on Thursday.

Tom.

Posted

Just drove back up to Croydon after a couple of days on the Kent/Sussex coastal border, where a friend reports a light snow shower in the last couple of hours or so. Went through a few flurries on the A21, just south of Tunbridge Wells, where first dusting of lying snow was noticed. A little more in the way of patchy cover, near Sevenoaks. Then a more obvious cover as we headed towards the North Downs and up over Westerham Hill, with around a couple of Kentimetres at a very picturesque looking Biggin Hill. :wink:

Then on through Addington, where there was still a very decent cover, from viewing the radar grabs seems as if the heavier cells dropped NE/SW just to the north of Biggin. Then good covering still over Haute Val d'Yamkin (Shirley Hills), all the way to the outskirts of Croydon.

Back down to the Kent/Sussex coast tomorrow night and keeping fingers crossed for a possible snow chase, north-eastwards towards Folkestone/Dover on Thursday.

Tom.

Nice one Tom, me being just North of Biggin :)

Posted

Finally woke up to snow!  Shame it didn't stick around for longer but didn't expect it to.  Still very nice to see though and certainly more than I was expecting.

Posted
  • Location: Brighton (About 1 mile from the sea and at 89m above sea level)
  • Location: Brighton (About 1 mile from the sea and at 89m above sea level)

Nice streamer towards the far SE of our region atm  http://www.raintoday.co.uk/

Although the weather type radar is showing as rain/sleet .....

Posted

If only the temperature had been a bit lower. The wet snow, sleet and rain has been fairly steady since 9. The drains are overflowing around here.