Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

South West & Central Southern England - Weather Chat

Nick L

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow,snow and more snow

Nothing in the night.by the looks of it. Temps risen,dew points risen..... I will see u all next year... Ciao

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy Winters, Torrential Storm Summers

Shame that streamer didn't hold together. I was watching it from about 4am, it was heading straight toward my knock of the woods. Sulk

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunshine and snow but not together

i don't think a single sole would be believe if I said it snowed last night.. But it did - I can't remember what time as I was so sleepy but got woken up to the sound of the wind. It seemed a light covering by then but there's nothing now this morn... Apart from some pretty decent gusts this morn. Washy expecting that. Just bought the washing in and seems quite mild out there! Could be a good day for a ride after all!

I guess it probably snowed briefly overnight in Newbury but I await further confirmation as I was sound asleep. The marginality of it all is doing my nut in but I am a glass half full kind of guy and realise that we have a good five to six weeks of snow potential yet and the next working week is set to be the coldest week of the Winter. Here's to another surprise snowfall popping up in the short-term although I have a feeling the cold and dry signal is the main theme of the weather over the next few days.  :friends: Please let the sun shine down and none of that raw dull cloudiness, yuk.

. It did snow I saw it! Quite furiously and it settled and gave a covering... Then disappeared towards morn.

Posted

Shame that streamer didn't hold together. I was watching it from about 4am, it was heading straight toward my knock of the woods. Sulk

Streamer now heading towards to Exeter direction producing light snow.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot Summer, Snowy winter and thunderstorms all year round!

light flurry here, now fading 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, cold and Storms

Crispy and white here this morning. Slight covering.

Only a couple of cm's on the top of the moor at Princetown at about 6.00 pm last night but very icy apparently. Police stopping cars on some of the roads. Silly drivers parking on roadsides meaning emergency vehicles can't get through. Happens every time it snows.

Anyway, hope you all got at least a few flakes.

Nothing here but a frost! The dartcam looks good. Your right about idiots parking all over the road. Its like the drive past the coop at yelverton and suddenly half their brain capacity disappears! It used to wind me up when I was living up there!

Posted

Well the coldest day of next week looks to be tomorrow at 3C. All others warmer than that... I give up with this cold spell to be honest, it's a cold spell that struggles to produce frost and snow... How rubbish is that!?

Give up!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: winter and summer

Radar watch here and waiting for this shower band to blow in from North cornwall.

Still looking at early Tuesday for a good snowfall for us Cornish people :)

Posted

Oh no I slept through it. No wait, I've just been around.

Temperature, check, never dipped below 2.3C.

Visual check, everywhere dry.

Purbeck hills visual, check.

Conclusion, no I didn't miss it, it just didn't snow, here.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Continental winters & summers.

Precipitation dissipated just like that, temperature never got below 01.7C so another close-to-average night. Can't really call it a cold spell until the nights are below freezing. It's a shame because dewpoints remained favourable all night and are still so this morning.

No doubt the snow showers between Chester and Worcester will also dissipate before getting here.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot sunny , cold and snowy, thunderstorms

I think we can safely say most of us are not going to see any snow from this cold spell.

Not even a frost to talk about, just cold, but not cold enough to snow, 

5.1c outside at the moment.

Roll on Spring.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: winter and summer

It's the 1st of February! Some of our best winters have only just got started within the first few days of this winters month.

Let's keep spring weather for mid-end of March :)

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold, snow and summer heatwaves.

No snow and no visible frost on the ground however the ground has frozen along with puddles etc so it is fairly cold.

If we were to somehow see snow it would at least settle now ground is dry and cold but I won't hold my breath.  :sorry:

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Continental winters & summers.

No snow and no visible frost on the ground however the ground has frozen along with puddles etc so it is fairly cold.

If we were to somehow see snow it would at least settle now ground is dry and cold but I won't hold my breath.  :sorry:

That's a saving grace. By the end of this coming week, ground temperatures will have gone down considerably so any precipitation situations shouldn't be marginal unless accompanied by very mild air. Can't see where one might come from at the moment mind you.

Posted

Morning you lot. I say morning however I have been up and down at least 5 times last night so I dont know where morning began ... Going back to bed for a nap soon ... Any ways I digress as per usual ... No snow everytime I got up I looked out the window - bone dry this morning. Looks windy bet its freezing out. As in feels it not it is as the thermometer says 3.6c. I heard Mon into Tuesday went tits up so not going to look at that. So I assume thats it now for any precipitation this way unless any does a last minute jobbie like the other night.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer:sunny, some Thunder,Winter:cold & snowy spells,Other:transitional

i don't think a single sole would be believe if I said it snowed last night.. But it did - I can't remember what time as I was so sleepy but got woken up to the sound of the wind. It seemed a light covering by then but there's nothing now this morn... Apart from some pretty decent gusts this morn. Washy expecting that. Just bought the washing in and seems quite mild out there! Could be a good day for a ride after all!

. It did snow I saw it! Quite furiously and it settled and gave a covering... Then disappeared towards morn.

Thanks PB, can jot it down as another snow day then, an improvement on last year for sure but this weather must try harder.  :D  Eyes down for Tuesday then, the next smidgeon of an opportunity.

Edited by gottolovethisweather

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer:sunny, some Thunder,Winter:cold & snowy spells,Other:transitional

Nice and sunny and windy in Oxfordshire, snow all gone!

Woolly one, can you please update your profile to show your location permanently, it would be most helpful.  :good:

Posted

Yep going by what  Ian F said on twitter this morning... its a dry week ahead for us

W COUNTRY OUTLOOK A cold but largely dry week ahead; high pressure becoming dominant later. For us, it'll remain influential 1st half Feb...

W COUNTRY CONT'D... w rather chilly periods by day & cold/frosty nights (cloud amounts varying), but essentially much dry, settled weather.

Edited by lfcdude

Posted

1.9 overnight, hit 5.1 earlier dropping off to 4.3 now. Still waiting for a cold night

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold, snow and summer heatwaves.

Yep going by what  Ian F said on twitter this morning... its a dry week ahead for us

W COUNTRY OUTLOOK A cold but largely dry week ahead; high pressure becoming dominant later. For us, it'll remain influential 1st half Feb...

W COUNTRY CONT'D... w rather chilly periods by day & cold/frosty nights (cloud amounts varying), but essentially much dry, settled weather.

Working outside I find this endless cold but not cold enough or cold enough without any interest is wearing on me now  :nonono:

I see a big shower over wales slowly moving south but that will be drier than a nun by the time it reaches us.   :fool:

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and lots of it or warm and sunny, no mediocre dross

Disappointing cold spell so far down here. Not having a weather station or even an outdoor thermometer I tend to rely on more mundane means to gauge how the winter has been. Getting older and becoming increasingly curmudgeonly about working outside all year round, I realise my shivering and regular uttering of 'brrrrrrrrrr, it's cold' isn't a reliable indicator any more but nature doesn't lie..... In an average year my snowdrops are in full flower on valentines day, it's the same patch I've been watching for nearly 15 years now so quite a long record of observation with no micro climate changes, today they are in full flower - a full two weeks early. 

Cold spell, what cold spell???? Can't say it's impacted here at all. On the plus side, at least it's been drier than last year.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: SNOW

Really wish th met office hadn't put out th warning yest as got my hopes up!! Apart from 10mins thurs night we've had NOTHING for 2yrs! Wud just like some snow that settles even just for a day! Just not gonna happen here unfortunately!! :(