Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

South West & Central Southern England - Weather Chat

Nick L

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot Summer, Snowy winter and thunderstorms all year round!

The Brecons will kill shower activity for the M4 corridor northwards in our region as the wind direction is wrong t(too much of a north westerly component).....might get a flurry or two as showers die off as they traverse SEwards, but that'll be it here...........some interest for early next week, but generally cold and dry here (that's why I don't get very excited about northerlies from an IMBY perspective as PPN is killed before it gets here (even troughs embedded in the flow lose their punch).......good luck to those in north devon and somerset tonight, plenty of wintry showers for you  :smile:

Posted

The Brecons will kill shower activity for the M4 corridor northwards in our region as the wind direction is wrong t(too much of a north westerly component).....might get a flurry or two as showers die off as they traverse SEwards, but that'll be it here...........some interest for early next week, but generally cold and dry here (that's why I don't get very excited about northerlies from an IMBY perspective as PPN is killed before it gets here (even troughs embedded in the flow lose their punch).......good luck to those in north devon and somerset tonight, plenty of wintry showers for you  :smile:

Late morning tomorrow could be interesting, forecast showed a small band of snow over se walea drifting towards sw England.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Extreme!

Ian just mentioned the "risk" of a trough moving down tomorrow late evening. One to watch :)

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold, snow and summer heatwaves.

Ian just mentioned the "risk" of a trough moving down tomorrow late evening. One to watch :)

I missed his forecast :wallbash:  :wallbash:

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: summer thunderstorms snow snow snow

OMG,the braine has just warned of snow shower's in cornwall on sun :drunk:

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Storms, Gales, frost, fog & snow

Mmmmmmm...............

Late tomorrow evening is when some slightly less cold air gets in the mix so I'm thinking rain or sleet by then??

Maybe wrong though.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms in the summer, frost fog & snow in winter.

OMG,the braine has just warned of snow shower's in cornwall on sun :drunk:

Not surprising with a proper northerly wind, they often deliver snow showers to Cornwall, hope all the snow fans down there get to see some :)

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Extreme!

what about tonight?? :) I don't get him on my forcast! 

30% chance of a few showers "streaming" so to speak to give a few areas 2/3cms. Radar watching and a bit of luck could give some a dusting I reckon.

Posted

30% chance of a few showers "streaming" so to speak to give a few areas 2/3cms. Radar watching and a bit of luck could give some a dusting I reckon.

I think maybe Gloucester and Somerset will do ok tonight! 

Posted

That footage from Dan from Jan10 - amazing how narrow that band of snow was and just meandered around our area; stretched out length ways though.

Dreammmm...dream....dream....dream....dreammmm....oh i want you....

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot and sunny or cold and snowy. Nothing inbetween.

Just come back from the supermarket a while ago and it was dry, just looked out again and it's rained :(

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer:sunny, some Thunder,Winter:cold & snowy spells,Other:transitional

So, now we have possibilities for tonight, overnight, tomorrow morning, late tomorrow evening, Friday with more emphasis towards the East it must be said, Sunday for the SW and then finally next Monday/Tuesday:shok:

All things considered I remain snopeful, sorry I mean hopeful.  :rofl:

Granted, not everyone will get much and most should get some over the next six to seven days. AJ stated how he knows his patch best from past experience and that's all I can suggest folk try to remember, i.e. analyse past experiences to dictate what may or may not be coming their way over this next week or so.

Some tasty Windchill figures will likely be the main feature of the weather over the coming days and one should watch the radars for embedded troughs and fronts alongside streamers setups on the other occasions. Chances are folk inland like AJ, myself, Polar Bear, Andy_Oxford, Mark N and a few others will miss out from the best of the action, but you can never tell. I personally currently favour locations such as the hills and moors exposed to NW winds to get a slight dusting at first and by the weekend, North Cornwall/Devon/Somerset and Avon getting more of a look in and potentially better accumulations for those folk. 

Plenty of time to think about planning a day trip or two to Wales or the Pennines (favoured spots nearby) or who knows, it may be our time in a few days time too.  :gathering:

Edited by gottolovethisweather

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold, snow and summer heatwaves.

Very wet snow falling :D  albeit light in nature. still need to shave a little off temperature.

Edited by Nights King

Posted

Just watching BBC news24 live and absolutely chucking it down in Scotland and Kendal cumbria.

Blowing a hoolie up there as well.

Oops wrong thread.

Crikey Lurgan NI size of those flakes!

Edited by Bristle boy

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms in the summer, frost fog & snow in winter.

Just watching BBC news24 live and absolutely chucking it down in Scotland and Kendal cumbria.

Blowing a hoolie up there as well.

Oops wrong thread.

Crikey Lurgan NI size of those flakes!

Nice to see it, would rather see snow falling Imby though :) Edited by Smartie

Posted

That shower band forecast yday for early hrs tom seems to have vanished on this eve forecast.

Hope the northerly flow over w/e and into next week will have some surprises. Chance of a number of little low features hitting our area next week.

Posted

Raining here at the moment.

Well Weston is always the warmest place in N.Somerset!! :)

Edited by MPG

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: action weather

just had a very light snow sleet shower temp now 2.6 c could have been more hail but it was very brief ,radar now beefing up out to our west /n west . :cold: