Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

North West England - Weather Chat

Thunderbolt_

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: snowy winters,warm summers and Storms

Time for a rant...

reading other threads,i see a lot of folk having a go at the METO for issuing warnings 

A Warning is simply a warning it is not a guarantee it will happen.also if some  look at the

impact matrix it will also give an indication from the chief forecaster.

on the other side of the coin if no warning is put out the same people start moaning no warning given

I Do feel for the METO they are in a no win situation

Rant over

C.S

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: very cold frosty days, blizzards, very hot weather, floods, storms

Bugger all here.

I don't think I bother to post anything besides I show some charts for Tuesday's possible snow tomorrow.

Edited by pip22

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow,snow,snow!! Ooh and sunny,warm days!!!

Sunny and cloudy lol

Posted

Just worked out on the top of my head I have had about 10 days with snow falling this winter so far. 3 times I got a good covering.

So for my area it has been a very good winter so far. North westerlys all the way.

This is an IMBY post I do apologize. And for any of you who Haven't had any snow settling this winter, I hope your fortunes change!

If not pop round to Wills house he seems to have enough for the rest of us..

Edited by robbo88

Posted

Just worked out on the top of my head I have had about 10 days with snow falling this winter so far. 3 times I got a good covering.

So for my area it has been a very good winter so far. North westerlys all the way.

This is an IMBY post I do apologize. And for any of you who Haven't had any snow settling this winter, I hope your fortunes change!

If not pop round to Wills house he seems to have enough for the rest of us..

Todays apres ski menu chinese chicken, tomorrow lamb tagine.... All welcome â„â„

Just got some wood for log burner from shed and its mighty gusty out there.... Beers are nice and cold too!

Yes this winter, so far, has been great here too.... So much better than last years measly offerings! Had 18days with snow on ground and 12 with snow falling..... Now really its a question of how cold it will get at nightime!

Edited by Will Padz

Posted

Todays menu chinese chicken, tomorrow lamb tagine.... All welcome â„â„

Just got some wood for log burner from shed and its mighty gusty out there.... Beers are nice and cold too!

Yes this winter, so far, has been great here too.... So much better than last years measly offerings! Had 18days with snow on ground and 12 with snow falling..... Now really its a question of how cold it will get at nightime!

Hot choc please!

Erm with Baileys lol

Posted

I think the met office and Diane who also has had a lot of stick have done excellent forecasting for this area. They where not that wrong in a marginal situation. We all saw some snow, sleet with some like my area having a good spell here and there. Hats off to them, it must be hard to forecast now with everything being so marginal.

Posted

Skip last post not warm anymore unless sheltered behind a wall. Wrapped in 5 layers of woolies. It's gone bitter with strong gusts. Still got the winter Sun though. Will be wearing all my thermal gear to walk the dogs and do the horses. Brrrr.. and regards to some weather forecasts. If it says a warning for snow from say 9am -9pm I don't expect snow for the whole time just that it could snow in that time be warned. I would still check all the other forecast sites and read between the lines as to what could happen.

Edited by shelly 73

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunny and warm in the Summer, cold and snowy in the winter, simples!

Time for a rant...

reading other threads,i see a lot of folk having a go at the METO for issuing warnings 

A Warning is simply a warning it is not a guarantee it will happen.also if some  look at the

impact matrix it will also give an indication from the chief forecaster.

on the other side of the coin if no warning is put out the same people start moaning no warning given

I Do feel for the METO they are in a no win situation

Rant over

C.S

Except when they get it right.  :p

But yes, warning are risk assessments not definitive statements of upcoming conditions.

I think some fail to understand that but there is also some willful ignorance because people want someone to rant at when snow doesn't turn up in their backyard.

There are generally far fewer complaints about MetO when snow turns up unexpectedly.  :laugh:

Posted

Its a shame theres no ppn about at the moment, its lovely and dry and cold outside and cloudy with a slight breeze, obviously i mean snow ppn and nothing else!

Posted

Some forecasts going for -7c to -12c this week.... Brrr.... Whats remains will freeze hard....

Beeb have me down for -8c!

post-16439-0-05275300-1422713904_thumb.j

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: very cold frosty days, blizzards, very hot weather, floods, storms

Getting windy here.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Extreme weather of all kinds, natural disasters and catastrophes.

on the main forum a thread just started of a potential polar low forming just off Norway, seems interesting...

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Atlantic storms, severe gales, blowing snow and frost :)

Chilly day got up to 4c but felt much colder in the wind, dew points have been dropping off currently -3c. 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy weather

Lovely day - sun shining, blue skies but bitterly cold !!

Posted

on the main forum a thread just started of a potential polar low forming just off Norway, seems interesting...

The MetO are forecasting a small low to come close to the NE later today, maybe that's it?

(Hence the increased risk of snow showers tonight)

Posted

I just been to the shop and I seen 2-3  little snowflakes blown in the wind, apart from that it is still patchy cloud about.

Posted

The 12Z gfs is dry as a bone for the coming days. Once again Tuesday's trough dissolves before making it here.

Yes it just misses us, but still time to change until Monday.

Edited by pip22

Posted

The East of the country have yellow warnings extending out until Thursday next week.

I think it will be those living furthest East in our region who may see some snow tonight. Having better elevation will help also .

If I get snow cover tonight I'll dance naked on it in the street!

Edited by Brass_Monkeys

Posted

Nick Miller from BBC says fresh snowfall just about anywhere by Sunday Morning. Yeah right!! :angry:

Posted

The East of the country have yellow warnings extending out until Thursday next week.

I think it will be those living furthest East in our region who may see some snow tonight. Having better elevation will help also .

If I get snow cover tonight I'll dance naked on it in the street!

haha watch you get a cm covering

Posted

The best snowfalls are always the surprise ones. This evening is a developing situation, the BBC obviously not too sure where it will snow, and this is why they are saying anywhere could wake up to a fresh snow cover. Best to keep an open mind in these situations..