Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

The Midlands - Weather Chat

BlueHedgehog074

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: snow!!!!

Look how to precipitation starts to bend and actually deform itself away from us!

Bizarre

Posted
snowangel32, on 31 Jan 2015 - 00:46, said:

Plenty more building just look at the ppn in the north heading down into the midlands

If you want to wait up for 4 hours.. good luck lol!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and sun in winter; warm and bright otherwise; not a big storm fan

Heading for Worcester?

Looks like the eastern edge of the big blob might hit Worcester. I think you should get something. :)

Posted

Cleared away now, nice surprise seeing heavy snow again for the first time since March 2013, winds turning NNW/N so Worcester in for pasting next.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Heavy snow, Thunder storms and lightning

If you want to wait up for 4 hours.. good luck lol!

Things we do to see snow lol

Posted

Yeah I mentioned that last night as well. I don't mean to sound like i'm being petty but how can Glossop be classed as the Midlands? It's 10 miles East of Manchester!

Some will probably think "well you can't talk, you are from Oxford and posting in a Midlands thread!" But I post in here and the 'South West & Central Southern' thread. I still think Oxford is Central enough to be classed as Midlands though.

I probably wouldn't class Oxford as the Midlands, but it probably shares it's weather with some areas that are such as south Warks and south Northants. For here I look towards Oxford for stuff spreading in from the SW on the radar with confidence, or Leicester from the NW or Peterborough from the NE. You can always tell you're in grey zone if you get two lots of regional TV. We get Anglia/Look East and Central/East Mids today. But Nottingham is a hell of lot nearer than Norwich!

Posted

Well it is snowing now...and despite the shift, we may actually still get something decent. There also seems to be streamers developing behind it.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: SNOW..... THUNDERSTORMS

Well it is snowing now...and despite the shift, we may actually still get something decent. There also seems to be streamers developing behind it.

I can't see the streamers making it here might have to wait for the stuff over Scotland heading our way

Posted

Disagree, the Midlands is a great thread why try and split it up, who care's that Lincolnshire will be taken out of the Yorkshire one ? it's now't to do with this thread.

Anyway i enjoy what the easterlies have to say and also to be honest when snows around it's the only time we really come together..... ME SAY NO CHANGE :p

Because the weather in the East Midlands can be very different to the weather in the West Midlands and the Welsh Borderlands. Lincolnshire is in the East Midlands region, not Yorkshire and Humberside and the weather is more consistent with that.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Heavy snow, Thunder storms and lightning

See gord things popping up all the time. Even tomoz nite forecast snow now aswell 3 late nighters in a row lol

Moderate snow falling

Edited by snowangel32

Posted

Great to see some heavy snow coming down. Not bothered if there's a covering in the morning, it's fun to watch it drop.

post-14660-0-80261100-1422665769_thumb.j

post-14660-0-05351000-1422665837_thumb.j

Edited by bearing
  • Like 1

Posted

Well it's changed direction and is heading more south now.

There are lots of folk down that way who deserve some snow, so I won't begrudge it....this time :-)

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, storms

Come on PPN, start shifting more Eastward dammit!! Seen 2 paltry sugar dustings so far this Winter here and last Winter... Well, I won't even go there. We need a covering :(

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and sun in winter; warm and bright otherwise; not a big storm fan

It's been chucking it down here! We had 20p flakes covering all surfaces nicely. A bit lighter now, but still snowing. Maybe between 0.5cm and 1cm on the grass now, so already rivalling the best of the mid-January spell. It does seem a bit wet, so if temps rise later in the night it may all have gone by breakfast time, but at least it's here now!

Edit: The Malverns are going to get plastered any minute!

Edited by Arctic Hare

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold and Snow -20 would be nice :)

Because the weather in the East Midlands can be very different to the weather in the West Midlands and the Welsh Borderlands. Lincolnshire is in the East Midlands region, not Yorkshire and Humberside and the weather is more consistent with that.

No way is Lincolnshire part of the East Midlands region  :nonono:  but that's your view on things....Have a vote and lets see  :hi:

Edited by Dancerwithwings
  • Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, storms

Heavy now, loving tonite

*Start's singing 'Save Tonight' by Eagle Eye Cherry*

Save tonight and give us a covering of snow, come tomorrow, tomorrow it'll probably be gone. Save tonight...

:rofl:

• Like 1

Posted

It's been chucking it down here! We had 20p flakes covering all surfaces nicely. A bit lighter now, but still snowing. Maybe between 0.5cm and 1cm on the grass now, so already rivalling the best of the mid-January spell. It does seem a bit wet, so if temps rise later in the night it may all have gone by breakfast time, but at least it's here now!

Edit: The Malverns are going to get plastered any minute!

snow in the city looks wet though may improve when the heavier stuff comes through

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Columus Bigus Convectivus

just started here :)

...and horizon just disappeared under some strange orange glow :D

Edited by Arnie Pie