Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

The Midlands - Weather Chat

BlueHedgehog074

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, storms

Eek it's sinking south...noooooooooo

Yeah I thought that when I looked at the radar from 11pm to 12:15am with squinted eyes! Haha.

It's like some kind of illusion. When you play it in the 5 minute radar, it looks like it's heading SE. When you look at it over the space of an hour though, it looks like it's heading straight South and Missing most of Birmingham!

Posted

Best snow this winter here, dropped from 1.7c to 0.5c in the past half hour, settled on all surfaces instantly.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, storms

It's been mentioned many times before but I really do think we need separate regional threads for the West and East Midlands. If there were to be an East Midlands thread I would take Lincolnshire out of the Yorkshire one. Then it would more accurately represent the government boundaries which the Met Office use. Whilst places like Glossop are in the East Midlands, it is near Manchester etc so I know it will never be perfect. But the Midlands is too big for a single thread.

Yeah I mentioned that last night as well. I don't mean to sound like i'm being petty but how can Glossop be classed as the Midlands? It's 10 miles East of Manchester!

Some will probably think "well you can't talk, you are from Oxford and posting in a Midlands thread!" But I post in here and the 'South West & Central Southern' thread. I still think Oxford is Central enough to be classed as Midlands though.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and sun in winter; warm and bright otherwise; not a big storm fan

Snowing in Bewdley! Actual, real, flaky snow! It's a miracle! :yahoo:

Posted

Yeah I mentioned that last night as well. I don't mean to sound like i'm being petty but how can Glossop be classed as the Midlands? It's 10 miles East of Manchester!

Some will probably think "well you can't talk, you are from Oxford and posting in a Midlands thread!" But I post in here and the 'South West & Central Southern' thread. I still think Oxford is Central enough to be classed as Midlands though.

I am from East Wales, and I post in here (I am not far from Oswestry and Shrewsbury) and I post on the Wales thread

Posted

It's the stuff over SE Scotland sinking southward which brings the threat very early breakfast time I thought. Never anticipated the showers from the north west to ever make it here.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Heavy snow, Thunder storms and lightning

Looks like the whole midlands will get some already had a huge shower here left everything white so anything else is a bonus.

Skys gone very orangy shower incoming

Edited by snowangel32

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold and Snow -20 would be nice :)

It's been mentioned many times before but I really do think we need separate regional threads for the West and East Midlands. If there were to be an East Midlands thread I would take Lincolnshire out of the Yorkshire one. Then it would more accurately represent the government boundaries which the Met Office use. Whilst places like Glossop are in the East Midlands, it is near Manchester etc so I know it will never be perfect. But the Midlands is too big for a single thread.

Disagree, the Midlands is a great thread why try and split it up, who care's that Lincolnshire will be taken out of the Yorkshire one ? it's now't to do with this thread.

Anyway i enjoy what the easterlies have to say and also to be honest when snows around it's the only time we really come together..... ME SAY NO CHANGE :p  

• Like 3

Posted

Got a good covering here in shrewsbury much to my surprise. Let the dog out for her pee went back for her 5 minutes later and boom a covering of snow and a very wet dog lol..now I want to get my wellies on and go for a walk but partner snoring his head off. Fingers crossed it will still be here in the morning. Good luck everyone

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: SNOW..... THUNDERSTORMS

It's going south. We're going to miss it!

Your quite near here and I think the lot by stoke could drop over here

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Columus Bigus Convectivus

not sure if the ppn behind the first band will miss us though.....early days

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Heavy snow, Thunder storms and lightning

Plenty more building just look at the ppn in the north heading down into the midlands

Posted

Look how to precipitation starts to bend and actually deform itself away from us!