Southeast England and East Anglia - Weather Chat

• Replies 4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I think those going round in circles dissecting forecasts from different forecasters (or the same ones at different times) are just going to tie themselves in knots here. You're in the SE of England,

yeah she just text me the same-

Just had a peak at the 18z UKMO (meso) and it shows the centre of the small low moving SE across the Midlands around 3am then across SE England around 6am, sleet/snow showers swirling around this low

Posted Images

Similar to SnowKing. About 3cm looking at fence panel.

Must be a bit miserable in places like Sussex, Berks.

Hi Hammer, how much lying snow have you got ? If you don't mind me asking :)

post-2496-0-27503300-1422603413_thumb.jp

Edited by Hammer

Light covering here in Kempston with some snow on the trees making it look nice. No problem with hard surfaces and roads were gritted again at 3am this morning.Soon be gone as the slightly warm air comes down before it turns much colder at the weekend.

So WTF happened ???!!! Went to bed last night expecting to wake up to some sort of covering and nothing ? Radar was looking good and everything . Very disappointed.

Yep just the usual. The stuff last night and early hours all slipped to the east! Anything here was too light to be snow. Not surprised LB is as dry as Istanbul on average!!

• Like 1

Had to drop my girlfriend off in Billericay this morning, that was fun as even the main roads had snow still on them (though it was clear on the way back). Truly beautiful scenes on the way back as it got light and painted a true winter wonderland scene. Will post pictures from home later. Shame I didn't stop in Stock on the way back, that was the real money shot with the old houses and church covered in over an inch of snow.

• Like 1

Yep just the usual. The stuff last night and early hours all slipped to the east! Anything here was too light to be snow. Not surprised LB is as dry as Istanbul on average!!

I've been to Istanbul in the winter and I'd be happy to get even a small fraction of the snowfall they get over there every year!

So, we're in the coldest part of the year, we have an "arctic blast", yet we still get mostly rain and temps between 5-7C. What hope do we have?

About a 1cm light covering in Sarfend this morn. Nice to see after almost 2 years.

Where was that, as I walked to Westcliff Station this morning it was pouring with rain and not a drop white stuff in sight

FC

Edit: my parents just emailed that it is snowing now in Westcliff....

Edited by frozencanals