Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Southeast England and East Anglia - Weather Chat

Captain Shortwave

Posted

Damn should have stuck with my first thought - Looks like the LP Will make landfall at Colwyn Bay which is bang smack between Liverpool and NW Wales! That would track it just West of Birmingham by 2-3am I would have thought

Posted

What's your punt? North or south of London?

Hopefully both, but I'd say North London is more favoured for something more decent. Precip is definitely moving SE'wards.

Posted

METO invent 5am prediction. Which had it further SW earlier, now brings more of region in to potential.

post-2496-0-28225700-1422578131_thumb.jp

Edited by Hammer

Posted
  • Location: Home near Sellindge, 80m/250feet, 5miles from Coast
  • Weather Preferences: Severe Storms and Snow
  • Location: Home near Sellindge, 80m/250feet, 5miles from Coast

After the first failed snow which turned out to be rain, then the second which turned into a mcflurry, I'm not staying up for this and expect to wake up to a wet ground. I'm going to predict no snow on the ground in North East Kent on Friday

Posted

Definate Mild Sector up to our North West which is worrying, North Wales reporting Rain, then Staffordshire and now West Midlands have rain, all had it starting as snow, then sleet and then rain. But places further east no such problems over Derbyshire etc

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, Hot and Sunny but not opressive

Light snow falling here . Ice melted on cars though

Posted

Definate Mild Sector up to our North West which is worrying, North Wales reporting Rain, then Staffordshire and now West Midlands have rain, all had it starting as snow, then sleet and then rain. But places further east no such problems over Derbyshire etc

We should been fine the mild sector will be just to the west of the region, it mixes out the 850s & dew points. Painful for some, this was modelled. Edited by Daniel*
  • Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, Thunderstorms,

Anywhere N and E of the low should be fine I'd have thought, as long as the low exits to the West of our region which it almost certainly will, it should be an all snow event

• Like 1

Posted

Reports I am reading suggest the track of the low is further SE than the Met O expected. Appears some of us were more accurate,

• Like 8

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow Snow and more Snow!

I've lost track of it, is it on course for a good result for our region now?

Posted

Anywhere N and E of the low should be fine I'd have thought, as long as the low exits to the West of our region which it almost certainly will, it should be an all snow event

Yep, thats why I am tracking the centre so closely (Lol) would not have bothered if it looked like it was going to clear the Uk between Brighton and Dover, certainly looks well west of the SE Region thank god! Shame for those further west, hope the guy in Bucks does not see this as he will be close to the edge after this news, lol

• Like 2

Posted

Essexweather: @alunfphysio Between 3AM & 7AM the chance of a more organised band of snow arriving from the NW. It's currently over Manchester, moving SE.

• Like 1

Posted

Which is what METO invent informs,

Essexweather: @alunfphysio Between 3AM & 7AM the chance of a more organised band of snow arriving from the NW. It's currently over Manchester, moving SE.

Posted

My eyeballs hurt..

Lol... mine too... am I going to be able to stay awake? Not sure seeing as I'm now totally confused as to if Medway will get some decent snow in the next few hours?