Cold?
Local
Radar
Snow?

Southeast England and East Anglia - Weather Chat

That clump of ppn just skirted to the East of me... Aaaaaaaarrrrgggghhhh!!

Still looking good for later on though, although I think the polar low looks like it will be passing through over the Poole, Dorset area, rather than the IOW on it's way through.

All the fun of the fair!!  :clap:

• Replies 4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I think those going round in circles dissecting forecasts from different forecasters (or the same ones at different times) are just going to tie themselves in knots here. You're in the SE of England,

yeah she just text me the same-

Just had a peak at the 18z UKMO (meso) and it shows the centre of the small low moving SE across the Midlands around 3am then across SE England around 6am, sleet/snow showers swirling around this low

Posted Images

Example chart for overnight, the secondary feature

9-515UK.GIF?29-18

Looks good potentially for this region

Tomorrow

post-17424-0-48124800-1422568285_thumb.p

Moderate north westerly

Showers will tend to fade away and become a mix of rain and sleet. Sunny spells in between the showers and becoming more widespread.

Temperatures

nmmuk-0-26-0.png?29-19

5-7C

Frost overnight

Saturday

post-17424-0-58342400-1422568286_thumb.p

Gentle northerly wind

A colder day with sunshine and snow showers. Especially around the coasts but not exclusively.

Temperatures

nmmuk-0-49-0.png?29-19

3-5C

Overnight

post-17424-0-68455300-1422568287_thumb.p

More disturbances offering the chance of snow showers again. A sharp frost overnight with temperatures below freezing.

Sunday

post-17424-0-78765800-1422568288_thumb.p

Strengthening northerly wind

Sunshine and showers, mostly dry in more southern parts.

Temperatures - 2-4C

• Like 2

the low coming down looks to be doing a good job of fazing out now

Definitely won't make it here. Polar lows are known for being very productive for a short period and then breaking up pretty quickly.

looks good to me still

no it's quite clearly losing ppn associated- you can see on the last hour of radar frames how weak it is now, there won't be anything of it left by the time it reaches these ares which would be hours away.

Definitely won't make it here. Polar lows are known for being very productive for a short period and then breaking up pretty quickly.

People said the same about the showers we're currently getting

• Like 1

Nice Latest Radar Grab if you are South and East of the London to Kings Lynn Line, looks like some Moderate Snow in that lot and should give a few centimetres in the heavier bursts. Added Bonus this one!

Thanks for your input Nick, what about the far NW of this region, Oxon/Bucks territory?

Yep, looks like you'll be in the passage of this low, so probably get some snow.

But Imagine the showery bands around it will somehow miss SE25 when it arrives across London area or fizzle out.