Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Southeast England and East Anglia - Weather Chat

Captain Shortwave

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, Thunderstorms,

RE: Tonight's potential, it might be worth me re-posting this:

This bears many similar hallmarks to that event (and I'm not talking exact track here), so I would not take any forecast track just yet as any sort of gospel finalised track.

SK

I remember a similar scenario that was forecasted to move down the spine of the country but miss the South-East, remember the forecast on BBC South-East today forecasting this.

Overnight winds backed more NW and pushed it across the SE. The forecast the next day was Kaddy-Lee Preston apologising for getting the forecast so wrong. Not a clue what year it was though.

Back edge sleet on the band as it pushed through here, the kind that has little bits of ice embedded in the raindrops. Heaviest stuff passed just to my North East, could see it falling heavily over the hills in the distance

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: love snow and frosty mornings

Big white flakes in Harlow, coming down, ive just been informed,snowing here now in Ongar  :D

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Humid Continental Climate (Dfa / Dfb)

Snow here in North Watford, sweet!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and thunderstorms!! (With the odd gale thrown in)

Had a heavy rain shower, with some sleetiness mixed in on the back edge and the temperature has dropped from 7.4ºc at 14:12 to 4.3ºc now... But the dew point has risen from 2.3ºc to 2.6ºc! 

Going in the right direction though!!

Edited by Sno' problem

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot Summer, Snowy winter and thunderstorms all year round!

It's as expected people, some passing showers giving a dusting I places. Ivan only reiterate that unfortunately some members like to over hype things.

Enjoy the cold wintry conditions.

I don't honestly think members are over hyping it Steve.......The entire region is under a met office warning for snow and ice with accs in some places......and interestingly enough, some of the members who have been hinting at some snowfall, indeed the potential for something a bit more substantial,  are amungst the most learned on this forum

• Like 4

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: All extreme weather especially ice and snow.

Hail. Now snow in such density its covered roofs and pavements.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: All extreme weather especially ice and snow.

Road covered too. Despite a temperature of 3 degrees. No dewpoint as NetAtMo have yet to include.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot Summer, Cold/Snowy Winter! Just SEASONAL!!

Heavy, blizzardy looking sleety rain started in Epsom about 20mins ago and is now rapidly turning to proper settling snow! Omg first flakes in 2yrs! I hope the showers overnight get bigger and longer!!xx

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Warm, bright summers and Cold, snowy winters

More dark clouds north.

going to rain...

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Extreme Cold and Hot inc Stormy Weather

Moderate to Heavy snow in colchester for the past 30min or so. Settling very fast :D

Posted

I remember a similar scenario that was forecasted to move down the spine of the country but miss the South-East, remember the forecast on BBC South-East today forecasting this.

Overnight winds backed more NW and pushed it across the SE. The forecast the next day was Kaddy-Lee Preston apologising for getting the forecast so wrong. Not a clue what year it was though.

Back edge sleet on the band as it pushed through here, the kind that has little bits of ice embedded in the raindrops. Heaviest stuff passed just to my North East, could see it falling heavily over the hills in the distance

Absolutely, many examples I'm sure down the years of such developments proving a little tricky to forecast. The natural progression of such a system is South with exponentially increasing Easterly curve the further South it heads. However, how rapidly this Easterly progression occurs is near impossible to call because it is such a dynamic system.

Interesting graphic from WSI:

B8h1Yb0IIAA1Rlt.pngB8h1Xm5IUAEWT2G.png

That brings the track a lot further North than any recent high-res modelling I have seen, just highlighting the range of outcomes modeled presently

SK

• Like 1

Posted

Thunder and lightning in Reigate!

Hailing heavily now!

It sure is, Im up the hill and its a total whiteout, getting down the hill will be interesting !