Southeast England and East Anglia - Weather Chat

• Replies 4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I think those going round in circles dissecting forecasts from different forecasters (or the same ones at different times) are just going to tie themselves in knots here. You're in the SE of England,

yeah she just text me the same-

Just had a peak at the 18z UKMO (meso) and it shows the centre of the small low moving SE across the Midlands around 3am then across SE England around 6am, sleet/snow showers swirling around this low

Posted Images

fergieweather, on 01 Feb 2015 - 16:51, said:

It will be (this week) because departing vortex to SE ensures sufficient instability even with rise in GPH from W. Profiles for N Sea/SE coasts suggest typical winter low-topped Cb's at times.

:yahoo:

I think you and those in around the Kent and Essex coasts could do well from this.

Sigh...must be awful for them poor things.

I wonder if the missus can be persuaded that we must go and help them with all of that lovely thick snow.

My wife and I have discussed moving to that area of the States. The prospect of a proper winter has something to do with it

• Like 1

fergieweather, on 01 Feb 2015 - 16:51, said:
It will be (this week) because departing vortex to SE ensures sufficient instability even with rise in GPH from W. Profiles for N Sea/SE coasts suggest typical winter low-topped Cb's at times.

:yahoo:

Hasn't he just stated in the MOD thread that there's unlikely to be any significant ppn. in the southern half of the UK?

Hasn't he just stated in the MOD thread that there's unlikely to be any significant ppn. in the southern half of the UK?

That's what I've just asked, but it seems some would be moderators didn't like it

That's what I've just asked, but it seems some would be moderators didn't like it

Can I just say that some actual moderators don't like it either. It is no more than a poorly disguised attempt at questioning whether it will it snow in my back yard. You have been on here long enough to realise that an unstable cold easterly flow is likely to produce showers in the right conditions. It is just a bit too early to know whether these conditions will be met just yet so best wait. 

• Like 2

I think he was responding to a development on Tuesday when he mentioned the above.

Surface temps forecasted at 5-6C so how can marginality not be an issue? Maybe I'm missing something here?

No way will them figures be achieved, them figures we are achieving with a N/NW'ly since we are going to pick up a continental NE flow we lose the N'ly compound which equates to less moderation of the cold... I'd say max of 3C perhaps 4C at a push is more likely - dew points and 850s are supportive of snow. Whether it will settle is iffy. And not everyone will get the snow showers - Kent is looking good at this stage. What I meant to say marginality will be less of an issue then what we've been enduring. Let's be honest it has not been awfully cold.

Edited by Daniel*

I think he was responding to a development on Tuesday when he mentioned the above.

Correct  :good:

He was talking about a little feature set to run down the Country on Tuesday.

He had already highlighted the 'potential' for N.sea/SE coasts in an earlier post.

Edited by SE Blizzards

My wife and I have discussed moving to that area of the States. The prospect of a proper winter has something to do with it

Hi Moon, did you have much snow yesterday?

Grew up and went to Tabor school in Braintree.