Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Southeast England and East Anglia - Weather Chat

Captain Shortwave

Posted

GFS 12z reverts to the high right over the UK 1040mb to the NW of Scotland.

I thought it would continue from morning, but afraid not still the day is still young.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Heavy snow and ice days

Only relatively recently joined this forum but my favourite poster was the Dutch guy whose name escapes me.

I don't actually think he was Dutch at all as it turned out but his posts were hilarious and I believe he ended up getting banned!

• Like 2

Posted

Only relatively recently joined this forum but my favourite poster was the Dutch guy whose name escapes me.

I don't actually think he was Dutch at all as it turned out but his posts were hilarious and I believe he ended up getting banned!

Ah yes he was his grammar was not to be desired. He did brighten the forum up even though he was not the most knowledgeable, shame if that was the case he was a gentle giant. With a huge cold bias.

Edited by Daniel*

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: snow cold,storms and heat

Was his name Yamkin ?

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: April!

Think he was called "Ryan Dutch Weatherman" or something similar? He was very funny for a while.

Posted
  • Location: Woodham Walter Essex,between Danbury and Maldon 42 m asl
  • Location: Woodham Walter Essex,between Danbury and Maldon 42 m asl

Was also a slow watcher ,back in the day.

I remember Nick Sussex back then and many others. Be wary of mentioning Mr Farkin too much , he's a bit like ruplestiltskin...mention his name and he's bound to turn up.

Him and his many alter egos.....davindra etc.

Edited by starstream
  • Like 1

Posted

There is snow potential in the upcoming week, as winds veer more continental. GFS PPN charts are not the greatest but it is feasible, should not have to worry about marginality, all we need is precip.

post-19153-0-02692900-1422809751_thumb.j

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: snow,thunder,tornados

potential,thats another word which annoys me lol,really hoping its going to happen,2yrs is too long

• Like 1

Posted

"A quick question. Why were some on here so adamant that we would experience a very unstable airmass during this cold spell? My experience of previous similar northerly cold spells is one which is dominated by predominantly dry weather. Cold, yes, but very dry. Why was this forecast to be unstable by some members?"

Fergie replies with:

It will be (this week) because departing vortex to SE ensures sufficient instability even with rise in GPH from W. Profiles for N Sea/SE coasts suggest typical winter low-topped Cb's at times.

Promising. I'd be getting cautiously excited if I was in them locations, and there's a chance these snow showers will come inland, some may do rather well out of this. Places like Margate, Lowestoft. You get the gist.

potential,thats another word which annoys me lol,really hoping its going to happen,2yrs is too long

You may well do going by fergie for your location in particular, I dread using it. I'd love to say certainly. :D

• Like 1

Posted

part of post from daniel

Promising. I'd be getting cautiously excited if I was in them locations, and there's a chance these snow showers will come inland, some may do rather well out of this. Places like Margate, Lowestoft. You get the gist. 

I will be one of the first to let you know if it happens , but.......I wont hold my breath

planet thanet.

Edited by PLANET THANET

Posted

Typically its only the extreme parts of Kent/Essex that do well in this profile set up..... winds need to be more easterly for Sussex to get anything from showers out the north sea

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cool clear sunny weather all year.

I could also add, where the hell is the crystal clear northerlies we should be having with temps well below at night and barely above during the day.

WHich nation is spawning cloud making over :D  the artic......

Posted

I could also add, where the hell is the crystal clear northerlies we should be having with temps well below at night and barely above during the day.

WHich nation is spawning cloud making over :D  the artic......

This week night time temps will dip quite sharply below freezing, it will feel harsh after dark

Edited by steveinsussex
  • Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow Snow and more Snow!

The gritters are out in force around Medway, doing everywhere even the small local roads. We just had a gritting lorry and this road never gets done.

I can't work out why, we are not expecting anything tonight..

• Like 1

Posted

The gritters are out in force around Medway, doing everywhere even the small local roads. We just had a gritting lorry and this road never gets done.

I can't work out why, we are not expecting anything tonight..

East Sussex roads â€@esccroads 46 secs47 seconds ago

With road temps down to -6.3 at 7am tmw morning, the gritters will be on the road shortly. There will be ice around tmw am, please slow down

• Like 1

Posted

Something to keep an eye on for tomorrow night.

http://expert-images.weatheronline.co.uk/daten/proficharts/en/euro4/2015/02/01/basis12/ukuk/prty/15020300_0112.gif

Tempted to call this a wash streamer. However a few snow showers coming through the wash does not mean its a streamer. Unlike the Thames though!!

http://expert-images.weatheronline.co.uk/daten/proficharts/en/euro4/2015/02/01/basis12/ukuk/prty/15020312_0112.gif

Edited by TEITS

Posted

Was also a slow watcher ,back in the day.

I remember Nick Sussex back then and many others. Be wary of mentioning Mr Farkin too much , he's a bit like ruplestiltskin...mention his name and he's bound to turn up.

Him and his many alter egos.....davindra etc.

Anyone remember Mr PSW (Prevailing South Westerly) from the BBC snow watch forum?!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Blizzards,Hot Thundery nights.

In other news Boston is expecting up to another 18 inches of snow by Tuesday

Sigh...must be awful for them poor things.

I wonder if the missus can be persuaded that we must go and help them with all of that lovely thick snow.

ðŸ˜

Posted

Anyone want to make a prediction when London will a decent snow event again...I'm going for Jan 2018

Thursday February 5th 2015.  Lol, we can dream!!

Posted

Sorry bit late on this one the area for Wednesday Def seems to have been increased or am I wrong

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Blizzards,Hot Thundery nights.

Been on here since the 2007 snow event.

TBH ever since, I never watch BBC weather forecasts, or any apps ect.

The excellent posters on here do provide everything you need to know on what the weather is likely to do.

• Like 4

Posted
  • Location: Home near Sellindge, 80m/250feet, 5miles from Coast
  • Weather Preferences: Severe Storms and Snow
  • Location: Home near Sellindge, 80m/250feet, 5miles from Coast
fergieweather, on 01 Feb 2015 - 16:51, said:

It will be (this week) because departing vortex to SE ensures sufficient instability even with rise in GPH from W. Profiles for N Sea/SE coasts suggest typical winter low-topped Cb's at times.

:yahoo:

• Like 1