Southeast England and East Anglia - Weather Chat

• Replies 4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I think those going round in circles dissecting forecasts from different forecasters (or the same ones at different times) are just going to tie themselves in knots here. You're in the SE of England,

yeah she just text me the same-

Just had a peak at the 18z UKMO (meso) and it shows the centre of the small low moving SE across the Midlands around 3am then across SE England around 6am, sleet/snow showers swirling around this low

Posted Images

There wont be any snow in Reading tonight, think that's pretty obvious.

As is say when it's forecast it's less likely to happen than when it isn't!   :blink2:     Wouldn't bet against some snowfall during the night though. 

Edited by Metjet
  • Like 2

Had fantastic pasta bolognese tonight was yummy

Chinese here K Prawn Curry Special fried rice Sweet n Sour Balls ......... Get in

Edited by Biggin
  • Like 1

Chinese here K Prawn Curry Special fried rice Sweet n Sour Balls ......... Get in

Oi oi homemade dough and pizzas here ;)

Surprise snowfall would be good in the morning it's the little sisters 13th birthday.. I have 6 hyper 13 year olds running around the house :)

• Like 1

Oi oi homemade dough and pizzas here ;)

Surprise snowfall would be good in the morning it's the little sisters 13th birthday.. I have 6 hyper 13 year olds running around the house :)

Cant beat homemade S  :)

Temp 3.9 degC

Dewpoint -2.3 degC

Just hoping for a nice dusting across Ashdown Forest for my run in in the morning. Failing that, a freeze-up so that I don't have to clean my shoes again!

Dewpoints really dropping now as they are currently -3C.

Must better chance of any snowfall remaining due to these lower dewpoints. Many think its 2m temps that cause snowfall to thaw when inactual fact its the dewpoints that make a massive difference.

• Like 1

Temp 2 dropping

Dp. -1.6 dropping

Got a feeling we may be a bit west tonight/early tomorrow but I'll keep the faith you just never know!

Edited by paget

Lets do the next 3 days, day 4 and 5 will be posted later.

post-17424-0-65443400-1422740798_thumb.p

Fresh to strong northerly wind

Showers or longer spells of wintry precipitation. Heavy at times. Accumulations of snow are certainly possible. This is shown again by the latest Euro4 chart

15020106_3112.gif

Temperatures

nmmuk-0-25-0.png?31-18

Temperatures showing at 3-6C, I think it will be a little colder than that.

Overnight

post-17424-0-76462800-1422740799_thumb.p

Moderate to fresh north/north westerly wind

Showers will become increasingly restricted to the coasts. Clear elsewhere

Temperatures - between -2C and -5C

Monday

post-17424-0-77482300-1422740800_thumb.p

Moderate northerly wind

Sunshine and snow showers, again they could occur anywhere in the region under that front. Heaviest showers probably favoured towards the coast.

Temperatures

nmmuk-0-50-0.png?31-19

2-4C

Overnight

post-17424-0-77371900-1422740801_thumb.p

The winds will drop out, between the north and north west.

Snow showers possible again in places, mixed with clear periods

Temperatures - between -1C and -3C

Tuesday

post-17424-0-78045600-1422740802_thumb.p

Light north to north easterly wind

Another day of sunshine and showers, see becoming more widespread later and will push inland as the wind direction becomes more conductive for this.

Temperatures - 2-4C

• Like 3

Loved the snow excitement here this morning, however, did not not last. Had 'wintry' showers all day and now hoping for a little more tonight.  Currently very cold and cloudy...we'll see xx

• Like 2

Dewpoints really dropping now as they are currently -3C.

Must better chance of any snowfall remaining due to these lower dewpoints. Many think its 2m temps that cause snowfall to thaw when inactual fact its the dewpoints that make a massive difference.

They are looking very good. What's the WBFL forecast for the early hours? Can't check as have 2 kids under 2 running me ragged! But it was well below 200m last night/this early morn and it is right up there with dewpoints in terms of key indicators.