Cold?
Local
Radar
Snow?

South West & Central Southern England Regional Discussion - 1300z 12/1/15 ------>

Does make me laugh when you see snowfall maps of uk in mod thread with whole country under snow except west country..

Yeah I saw those, wow charts my [email protected]#e lol, good job those gfs precipitation charts aren't 100% accurate, especially in these kind of setups, plus at that range the fine detail will change, for better or worse.

I could be wrong but I think we could be looking at a rain to snow event if the slider lp's happen as the models show them right now.

Edited by Smartie
  • Like 1
  • Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I have a plan......   All this marginal/north of the M4 malarkey is too boring to tolerate any longer, we've got to do something. Considering just how much rain we get down here, we could have the m

Agreed. Trough circa 3am may extend snow showers across even to S of London (hence UKMO warning amended). Meanwhile, latest UKV and MOGREPS signal for snow remains particularly strong for Exmoor and M

What a beauty!   By far the best chart of the Winter, very much deserving of an OMG for this regional.      You couldn't make it up, just remember as a NWP model chart at t+84 hours, it is jus

Posted Images

Ok i'm naked ... outside ... bouncing up and down .. here we go! ...

CHANNEL LOW! CHANNEL LOW!! GO WITH THE FLOOOOOOW, GIVE US LOW AFTER LOOOOOOW AFTER LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOW!!!!!!! CHANNEL LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOW!

Gosh its cold out here ... *Puts knockers away*

• Like 9

Does make me laugh when you see snowfall maps of uk in mod thread with whole country under snow except west country..

Indeed major case of back slapping in the main forum. Think I'll be staying in here for the next week. Sliders are not the best for us unless they back out west. Which can happen.

CHANNEL LOW! CHANNEL LOW!! GO WITH THE FLOOOOOOW, GIVE US LOW AFTER LOOOOOOW AFTER LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOW!!!!!!! CHANNEL LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOW!

Darn good effort LMAO

Edited by karlos1983
  • Like 1

Seen worse. Usually it's just cornwall sticking out :wallbash:

Sorry, but you do live on the Lizard (most Southerly point in the UK) so what do you expect, aye CS. ;)  Who knows, you well might the holy grail too.  :friends:

Edited by gottolovethisweather

pictures  :nonono: or it didn't happen, snow that is. Ah wait, you're lying and the snow isn't YET!  :rofl:  :cold:   Very cold days incoming, complete with snow somewhere nearby but will it come to daddy or mummy or me or you all. :cold:

Edited by gottolovethisweather
  • Like 4

I've just got a feeling everything will be a bit further south and west than currently modelled. I certainly hope so

That's what many in the mod thread seem to believe as well. As usual, a cold run has sent all sense out the window, so I'm more interested in actually getting the cold first, as there's no point worrying about snowfall distribution/amounts etc at this point!

• Like 2

That's what many in the mod thread seem to believe as well. As usual, a cold run has sent all sense out the window, so I'm more interested in actually getting the cold first, as there's no point worrying about snowfall distribution/amounts etc at this point!

Precisely, and without the colder uppers it is all rather pointless worrying about will it or won't it snow. The traditionally coldest period of any season past or present is in sight and by the end of February we can only then perhaps start to think of Springlike conditions. We have a long time snow-chasing before all of that and many a night spent on this forum looking for it. Friday night next chance maybe for some lucky individuals?

Gusting 45mph, steady 35mph down here in the harbour, nd it's gonna climb. 

Interesting time looks to be more towards the back edge as the heavier rain comes through in the early hours. I wonder if Mapantz has stuck some tape over the hole in his satellite cable, he'll need it for tonight!

pictures  :nonono: or it didn't happen, snow that is. Ah wait, you're lying and the snow isn't YET!  :rofl:  :cold:   Very cold days incoming, complete with snow somewhere nearby but will it come to daddy or mummy or me or you all. :cold:

Oh i've been lying alright ... I'm going to be a mummy again! ... however little lady hasn't seen snow since her 1st winter so we better get some - I wanna go out ot play before I'm too fat I can't stand up lol

• Like 2

Im very confident of the South and West coast of Isle of Wight will easily hit 60-70mph tonight, things really are beginning to howl out there! The other thing which is a bit concerning, with our already flooded areas, this rain tonight going to cause havoc by the Morning! Might head out and get some snappers Tomorrow!

Oh P.S

CHANNEL LOW CHANNEL LOW CHANNEL LOW! ;)

• Like 3