South West & Central Southern England Regional Discussion - 1300z 12/1/15 ------>

Right, I'm off to bed before I get named as the local curtain twitcher.. Only moved on to the estate 6 months ago, and don't know the neighbours too well yet.. They don't understand my lamp post fetish :( good luck everyone!

• Like 3
  • Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I have a plan......   All this marginal/north of the M4 malarkey is too boring to tolerate any longer, we've got to do something. Considering just how much rain we get down here, we could have the m

Agreed. Trough circa 3am may extend snow showers across even to S of London (hence UKMO warning amended). Meanwhile, latest UKV and MOGREPS signal for snow remains particularly strong for Exmoor and M

What a beauty!   By far the best chart of the Winter, very much deserving of an OMG for this regional.      You couldn't make it up, just remember as a NWP model chart at t+84 hours, it is jus

Posted Images

I know where you are Mapantz!  I wondered if you would turn up last night... I was a bit shy to go up to someone and say ... 'excuse me but have you seen  Mapantz?' :) Looking forward to 3am when we have a little chance of some soft white stuff!

Haha! Well I did turn up for 20mins in the quay last night- soaked through! I was on a bit of a mission last night, several jaeger's in a short space of time. Feel free to say hello though, I don't bite, I suck! LOL

What's the chances of driving from bucks to the Ridgeway. Near Swindon tomorrow? 67 mile commute.

Wouldn't worry about it, if only 2-5cm forecast on high ground i doubt there's going to be much lower down. Also it should melt fast by afternoon with milder and wetter weather coming in.

Warming up nicely here as usual. 2.2oC to 4.4oC in last hour. Typical!

Make that 4.7oC, surely the warmest place in UK at the mo.

Now 4.9oC.

Hoping to get the vest and flip flops out tomorrow morning.

Edited by Paul T
  • Like 2

Wouldn't worry about it, if only 2-5cm forecast on high ground i doubt there's going to be much lower down. Also it should melt fast by afternoon with milder and wetter weather coming in.

Yeah, I'm thinking get in the car and see what happens but leave at 6am and BBC weather has forecast snow all night there. Heavy at times. In two minds.

I like the look of what's developing out in the Channel approaches / South Irish Sea. Intensifying with each refresh.

Give it another hour or 90 mins and i reckon it'll be with us.

Sadly off to bed now, as work tomorrow, and that damned S Glos council switch off our street lights at midnight!

• Like 3

Sadly off to bed now, as work tomorrow, and that damned S Glos council switch off our street lights at midnight!

Same here, thinking of setting the alarm for around 2am or so to have a quick check outside. I guarentee it'll be soaking wet with nothing settled here, always the same lol.

Same! They should have coin meters, I'd happily keep it topped up for nights like this lol

Yay!.....after being dry for several hours and watching showers stream a few miles to my north, I have a moderate snow shower

• Like 3

Yeah OK I see the pattern has set in for the night:

post-992-0-43331100-1421191802_thumb.png

Lightning observed. Temp now up to 2.5C.

Never had lying snow from showers, has to be a front or developing LP system.

• Like 2