Snow?

North West England - Weather chat

• Replies 3.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

For goodness sake, will people stop hanging on to every nuance of what some silly app says?! It will be down to the here and now when it gets here.

Snow this morning in Saddleworth.......will there be more on Tue/ Weds??

Hello follow north westerners, I'm just south of the city of Preston ( Walton Le dale) I've been watching the forum for a couple a years, but never posted but trying to understand what is going on, th

Posted Images

People of Merseyside, Halton and Northern Cheshire

The NMM has our areas under an area of *HEAVY SNOW* from 9pm-midnight tonight!

God,I hope so BT! Had nothing but the odd hail shower and rain/sleet all day.

• Like 2

:( but I'm in S Cheshire *sniff sniff*

• Like 2

would that include manchester airport? Almost in North Cheshire
  • Like 1

Incidentally, here in South Manchester it is just heavy sleeting! Shame, as northern areas of the city seem to be having snow! :closedeyes:

You're lucky, just rain in this part of South Manchester. I'm well used to it by now though, always the same.

So far "the coldest spell for two years" hasn't even managed a frost let alone snow LOL

Shows how pathetic our winters are and fully expecting rain/sleet mix here next week.

Humph!

Enjoy any snow if you get it, it is a rare thing!

Edited by Mucka
  • Like 1

Here's hoping that us in Macclesfield see some of these showers, we have missed much of what has come through this afternoon, looking good from the radar :) Temp here is currently 0c with a DP of -3 & everywhere iced up! 

Hopefully heavy heavy snow for ya! â„ï¸â„ï¸â„ï¸â„ï¸â„ï¸

I hope so, although Met Office warning issued earlier says showers becoming less frequent tonight!?

You're lucky, just rain in this part of South Manchester. I'm well used to it by now though, always the same.

So far "the coldest spell for two years" hasn't even managed a frost let alone snow LOL

Shows how pathetic our winters are and fully expecting rain/sleet mix here next week.

Humph!

Enjoy any snow if you get it, it is a rare thing!

Where in South Manchester are you ?

I remember in the late 80's we had about 6 inches of overnight snow here in bolton, was working in Stockport at the time, by the time we drove past eccles it was bone dry.. Weird how are region is..

Temps falling quite nicely now, just had an intense hail storm in Irlam, it's now 1C so hopefully it can drop some more.

Just looked at the radar and I see the Irish Sea is prepping them up a lot, each one has gone over this area all day, in a sort of Manchester Streamer as opposed to the more frequent Cheshire Gap Streamer.

Hopefully see some snow later on.