Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

North West England - Weather chat

Captain Shortwave

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer heat and winter cold, and a bit of snow when on offer

Cold and dry

Yes but after all the recent rain, and even snow, it makes a pleasant change to have a dry and usable day.

Winter's back later in the coming week though.

• Like 1

Posted

Yes but after all the recent rain, and even snow, it makes a pleasant change to have a dry and usable day.

Winter's back later in the coming week though.

true as for winter coming back I will wait and see

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Atlantic storms, severe gales, blowing snow and frost :)

Posted

Yellow warnings out for Wednesday and Thursday from the met office unfortunately it doesn't quite cover me

Edited by itsnowjoke

Posted

Just had a look at the forecast maps and the Met have heavy snow and gale force winds for Cumbria = Blizzards & Drifting?! lol.... hope so!! 

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow

Always on the edge of the warnings! Unreal.

• Like 1

Posted

I think that warning will get bigger over ther next few days, I'm outside the warning but am still forecast snow.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Temps under 25 degrees and Disruptive Heavy Snowfall any other time

I think that warning will get bigger over ther next few days, I'm outside the warning but am still forecast snow.

Yes I'm hoping so to. They're looking certain about this event now and I've noticed my weather app upgrading each day for the past few days when usually it downgrades at the same rate. Fingers and toes crossed it'll all slide further south :-)

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow & Thunderstorms

Morning guys, well the charts for our neck of the woods still look good this morn, now backed up by the met. Even unlucky merseyside outside of the initial warning zone I feel may still get a snow surprise this time around. This north westerly is the best of the winter so far.

post-23289-0-99952600-1422182978_thumb.p

post-23289-0-92690400-1422182984_thumb.p

post-23289-0-90619600-1422182989_thumb.g

post-23289-0-64766900-1422182995_thumb.p

• Like 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: snowy winters,warm summers and Storms

Well, well, a weather warning for snow at T72 that is very

Encouraging indeed, I would not be surprised the way the

Charts are going if that is not upgraded to amber

I went to bed happy, I get up this morning and I am delighted

C.S

• Like 3

Posted

Hi C.S, I think as the winds gradually veer round we will then come in to play, I too expect the warning zone to expand/upgrade.

• Like 1

Posted

Yes this is FI but would like to see more of this...

post-23289-0-41009200-1422183919_thumb.p

• Like 1

Posted

Morning guys, well the charts for our neck of the woods still look good this morn, now backed up by the met. Even unlucky merseyside outside of the initial warning zone I feel may still get a snow surprise this time around. This north westerly is the best of the winter so far.

if you look at the local councils included at the bottom of the warning Merseyside is included
  • Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: snowy winters,warm summers and Storms

Yes this is FI but would like to see more of this...

Yes please a very tasty chart indeed, I would not be at all

surprised if the ECM, repeats"THAT ECM" run that put this place

in meltdown, the downside though if that was repeated there is

only one way it can go after

C.S

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer heat and winter cold, and a bit of snow when on offer

Yellow warnings out for Wednesday and Thursday from the met office unfortunately it doesn't quite cover me

Yes it does, look on the North West specific warning page and the current warning zone extends south well into Greater Manchester and east into West Yorkshire.

Obviously the specifics will change nearer the time and could go either way but at the moment your looking ok.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow,snow,snow!! Ooh and sunny,warm days!!!

Just misses us again!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold/snow winter, Warm/hot summer, Thunderstorms, Severe Gales

Love how they've included the coasts for once this winter

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: heavy drifting snow

hi you are in the warning area . Greater manchester covers us mate i i live in Hyde Newton and the Pennines too will get a good cover too

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold, cold, cold and errrr......cold. I am, unashamedly, a cold fan.

i think it's going to be touch and go for my location, Not far from Altrincham.

We never get a lot of snow!

Edited by simshady

Posted

Gosh wasn't expecting any met office weather warnings at this range, it must be confident of the snow risk. Think back to last Tuesday and it was only Monday morning any weather warnings were issued.

It will be a watching brief, every chance of upgrades to amber nearer the time, but not probably until the near timeframe when things will become much clearer.

Unstable deep seated northwesterlies are excellent for this region at this time of year, coastal parts may be more marginal but you won't need to go too far inland for snow, anywhere with a bit of height could see some very notable localised falls. Here we have the added bonus of evaporative cooling and the Lakeland Fells tend to produce there own homegrown showers under such set ups - I suspect we will see a return of the graupel stuff as well, hail is very common with northwesterly set ups. Conditions in the fells will be atrocious I imagine with high windchill, indeed on lower ground there will be a significant windchill the most we have had so far this winter.

• Like 1

Posted

Wednesday is looking like a rain to snow event as colder air spreads down across the region with the snow showers then packing in overnight and into Thursday.

Obviouly i'm not saying that the specifics and longevity will be the same but it reminds me of how the bitter spell of late 2010 began at the end of November.

• Like 3

Posted

Gosh wasn't expecting any met office weather warnings at this range, it must be confident of the snow risk. Think back to last Tuesday and it was only Monday morning any weather warnings were issued.

It will be a watching brief, every chance of upgrades to amber nearer the time, but not probably until the near timeframe when things will become much clearer.

Unstable deep seated northwesterlies are excellent for this region at this time of year, coastal parts may be more marginal but you won't need to go too far inland for snow, anywhere with a bit of height could see some very notable localised falls. Here we have the added bonus of evaporative cooling and the Lakeland Fells tend to produce there own homegrown showers under such set ups - I suspect we will see a return of the graupel stuff as well, hail is very common with northwesterly set ups. Conditions in the fells will be atrocious I imagine with high windchill, indeed on lower ground there will be a significant windchill the most we have had so far this winter.

Yes my thoughts exactly, hopefully a good snowy spell for us all at some point from wed/thur onward.

• Like 1

Posted

Interesting ECM snow depth chart for day 10 in INCHES! 10'' + for parts of the region! I admit not the most reliable charts but still nice to look at... 

post-9615-0-42872400-1422189141_thumb.pn

• Like 3