Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

North West England - Weather chat

Captain Shortwave

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Severe frosts, warm sunny summers,

we shouldn't be surprised mate, I truly believe if we ever get lying snow the rest of the uk must be under 6ft :s. At least we have the sun in summer! oh hang on no that's everywhere else too lol!

COYW!!

• Like 2

Posted

I'm a less than two miles from the coast and it was snowing this morning before I went to work, so you don't have to be much inland to see snow. Not sure if the same applies to the south of the region?

I believe being South of the region won't be beneficial, if you see some showers you have a much greater chance of snow from what I can see, only time will tell for my part of the region :) let's see what backtracks theory has to offer, I've seen him to be correct quite a few times!

Posted

I'm a less than two miles from the coast and it was snowing this morning before I went to work, so you don't have to be much inland to see snow. Not sure if the same applies to the south of the region?

Hi Liam, yep noticed its showing sleet/snow to the coast in Cumbria and down to morcambe way, but further south you need to be a little more inland, I wonder if this is because of the longer sea track down here raising the dewpoints a degree or two.  

Edited by Nicholas B
  • Like 1

Posted

Well the school run took 2 hrs round trip..!! Plenty of snow here. Melted and now heavy snow again. Are we expecting more ? I looked at bbc weather and it said Sun.?

Posted

Fairly optimistic of something though tomorrow.

If you believe the bbc forecast for our neck of the woods for tomorrow it has us under 6hrs of heavy snow! I wish I could believe it!

Posted

One thing that has changed in the last few hours as can be seen on the radar is the shift in the winds and shower trajectory from west to east to more nw to se.... Ie im now getting the showers that were missing me to the north, albeit light snow/ hail/ graupel.... Temp 1c dew -1c....

Posted

If you believe the bbc forecast for our neck of the woods for tomorrow it has us under 6hrs of heavy snow! I wish I could believe it!

If it's true from what it shows me that ill have a whole day of rain, you have a good chance of all day being snow! Enjoy and ramp!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy winters, hot, sunny springs and summers.

I believe being South of the region won't be beneficial, if you see some showers you have a much greater chance of snow from what I can see, only time will tell for my part of the region :) let's see what backtracks theory has to offer, I've seen him to be correct quite a few times!

What can I say? When I've had my weetabix I rival the best :wink:

Edited by Backtrack

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Heavy disruptive snowfall.

Yes I mentioned it on last page - we can dream!!!!

Posted

we shouldn't be surprised mate, I truly believe if we ever get lying snow the rest of the uk must be under 6ft :s. At least we have the sun in summer! oh hang on no that's everywhere else too lol!

COYW!!

Not surprised at all, lived here long enough to know when things are right for the white stuff this just doesn't look right.

Need 3 points tonight, tough game but 2-1 I reckon.

• Like 1

Posted

It's 4.2C here. Need that to drop. Evaporative cooling not too effective today due to the wind. Cold air will mix though in showers and turn them wintry. Too marginal here right now.

Posted

quick question for you guys who know Oldham well! I'm driving up from Crawley tomorrow morning early to pick up a car from a dealer around 9am ish, based on the warning given, is Oldham prone to accumulations of snow? Just wondering what time to leave! Thinking around 4am

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Horizontal Drizzle - Nice Blizzards

Radar shows a streamer over Mull - heading SE - might just miss Cumbria but one to watch.

Graupel here at Mellor dark over towards the Bowland Fells.

Ian

Edited by Iceaxecrampon

Posted

It's 4.2C here. Need that to drop. Evaporative cooling not too effective today due to the wind. Cold air will mix though in showers and turn them wintry. Too marginal here right now.

I believe we may have some showers at around 4pm backtrack, fingers crossed for you!

Posted

Just arrived in runcorn. ITS SNOWING

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Horizontal Drizzle - Nice Blizzards

COYW!!

COYW -  at least the game will be on.

• Like 1

Posted

Not surprised at all, lived here long enough to know when things are right for the white stuff this just doesn't look right.

Need 3 points tonight, tough game but 2-1 I reckon.

Yeh all looks marginal again doesn't it, M6 looks to be the boundry again as is so often the case. Anything east of it snow, anything west sleet/rain/hail 

Defo three points needed tonight, not the same team as last season but still a tough game, 2-1 good shout, worth a fiver! 

Edited by Nicholas B
  • Like 1