Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Southeast England and East Anglia - Weather Chat

Captain Shortwave

Posted

We'll..that's that then with regards to the event on Sunday.. Too far south and skits through by Sunday lunchtime.. This time yesterday it was snow throughout sundry evening / night..

Posted

We'll..that's that then with regards to the event on Sunday.. Too far south and skits through by Sunday lunchtime.. This time yesterday it was snow throughout sundry evening / night..

But it's still causing headache... You say that 24 hours ago it was showing much better... In 24 hours time the models probably will have changed again?  :)

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Warm, bright summers and Cold, snowy winters

Uncertainty is high so the best thing to do is watch the radar and temp outside.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy and thundery.

I have watched about five weather reports today, one went from heavy snow all the way to just cloud, but most were showing nothing for my area, but still exciting that there is a chance of the white stuff, but it's as annoying as hell.

Posted

But it's still causing headache... You say that 24 hours ago it was showing much better... In 24 hours time the models probably will have changed again?  :)

But as we get nearly to any event we must gain greater confidence in the outcome.. The trend today has been poor for snow Sunday and this is only compounded by it being so close.

Posted

There's no reason to why that cannot change again.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and frost in the winter. Hot and sunny, thunderstorms in the summer.

Just got back from having my MOT redone, now have a road legal car again :)

Missed the output this evening, looking now it looks a mess again.

FAX chart time

Tonight

Mainly fine and dry for most, maybe an isolated shower may make it over.

Temperatures

nmmuk-0-16-0.png?16-18

0C to -2C so a widespread air frost. Ice will be a hazard in places where we saw showers today.

Tomorrow

post-17424-0-15675400-1421435224_thumb.p

Moderate westerly wind

There is a trough moving through during the middle of the day, the hi-res models pick this up to and bring a band of showers across the region. These will be wintry with snow over the hills.

Temperatures

nmmuk-0-26-0.png?16-18

4-6C

Saturday night

post-17424-0-25242500-1421435225_thumb.p

Light west to north westerly winds

More showers pushing through at times, again wintry. A weather front will approach the south coast later.

Temperatures

nmmuk-0-43-0.png?16-18

A range of 1C to -2C likely, coldest in the north.

Sunday

post-17424-0-34522000-1421435226_thumb.p

Light and variable winds, bias to a northerly in the north of the region and this will become more general later.

That front is brushing the south coast, so I would expect from this that there would be a mix of rain, sleet and snow south of London at this point. Still major uncertainty on this.

Temperatures

nmmuk-0-50-0.png?16-18

A cold 2-4C

Sunday night

post-17424-0-32473500-1421435227_thumb.p

Light northerly wind

More teases going on here, now a occluded front shifting down the east coast, this could bring snow showers later in the night.

Temperatures

nmmuk-0-68-0.png?16-18

-1C to -5C

Monday

post-17424-0-29396700-1421435228_thumb.p

Light northerly wind

That front again could bring snow showers almost anywhere across the region. Again uncertainty on how this will pan out.

Temperatures

1-4C

• Like 7

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cool not cold, warm not hot. No strong Wind.

Frost forming on the cars now

Posted

Can't help thinking, that as per usual, the hype has whipped this colder spell into major events with widespread snow.

Not one single forecast predicts much in the way of snow in our region. Our hopes rely on band of showers through tomorrow, very hit and miss, and 65% chance of them being rain/sleet.

Then Sunday the weather front from the south at this stage is not predicted to go very far north.

So I can't quite see what all the excitement is about, at this stage, unless cold, frosty nights floats your boat.

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: All extreme weather especially ice and snow.

The gritters are out in Chingford. 3.8 degrees.

Posted

Too many pin their hopes on weather forecast which changes like I change my socks. :laugh: We are in a lucky position to see how things may lead on while the general public is oblivious. Honesty I will be flabbergasted; if we do not get any snow at all in the 7d. ECMWF is in fact snowy, for us we'd all be having something. :)

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cool not cold, warm not hot. No strong Wind.

dropped to 1oC going by what the remote sensor in the shed is reporting, turning very white and frosty out now.

Evening all!

I just landed back from Dublin, a bit of turbulence but not as bad as my friends who flew yesterday. It feels tropical in Kingston compared to Ireland! Just catching up on the last few pages to see whats in store for us here  :D

Posted

Can't help thinking, that as per usual, the hype has whipped this colder spell into major events with widespread snow.

Not one single forecast predicts much in the way of snow in our region. Our hopes rely on band of showers through tomorrow, very hit and miss, and 65% chance of them being rain/sleet.

Then Sunday the weather front from the south at this stage is not predicted to go very far north.

So I can't quite see what all the excitement is about, at this stage, unless cold, frosty nights floats your boat.

That is a fair assessment so far!

• Like 1

Posted

Too many pin their hopes on weather forecast which changes like I change my socks. :laugh: We are in a lucky position to see how things may lead on while the general public is oblivious. Honesty I will be flabbergasted; if we do not get any snow at all in the 7d. ECMWF is in fact snowy, for us we'd all be having something. :)

I agree in that most will see some falling snow, but settling snow is another matter :)

Posted

Heres hoping you snow starved southerners get snow sunday.....

Lived in faversham, kent for 8 years, moved up here two years ago.... Had 6-8 inches snow one november when i was meant to be flying via stansted and there were no trains from fav.... Best i had in living in kent for 10 years....

Missed out on march 2013 up here as was moving from kent to here.... Which apparently was amazing snow drift wise....

Met have me down for this tomorrow.... But big pinch of salt..... Wind direction im in shadow of welsh mountains and you only have to look at manchester to the west of me for the rain shadow ive experienced this past week....

post-16439-0-88832100-1421440572_thumb.j

Posted

Agree, sure wet snowflakes eventually falling somewhere, but rain is the main theme atm.

Posted

Kudos

Posted

I was born in chingford, had some great snow drifts 80's and 90's :cold:

Only lived here for 18 months - supposed to be one of the most snow sure parts of London due to altitude/being next to open countryside. Yet to see a flake because of rubbish winters thus far!

With regards to some previous posts - No offence but theres nothing wrong with getting excited and hoping for a last minute change. This is the south east / east anglia thread by the way, the home of the 'marginal' event.

Downpour, i saw some serious snow as a kid in chingford . West essex golf course, complete chaos  and 6 foot drifts in the bunkers !!

Edited by mickeyb44
  • Like 1