Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Southeast England and East Anglia - Weather Chat

Captain Shortwave

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: love snow and frosty mornings

Blue skies here, with the sun going down and the clouds are deep orange, a weird day  :crazy:

• Like 1

Posted

I told you so we would see a upgrade! :D much more pink lovely. I had some sleet earlier, temperatures took a nose dive when under heavy ppn - and tonight looks oh so much better with colder uppers filtering through & temperatures steadily declining, chilterns may do rather well. Chance of snow settling in London I would go with 20%, outside chance. I can't help but think I'm building myself up for disappointment...

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot summers, snowy winters and thunderstorms!

Been rainy and then sunny all day. Quite pleasant, can't see any snow happening.

Posted

Dont think i will see even a flake tonight looking at the bbc weather, poo  :(

Posted

set out for yarmouth town centre around lunchtime, it was a pleasant day, warmish for the time of year, clear, no rain, on the way back late afternoon,torrential rain which could have been a bit hail-y it was bouncing off the windscreen anyway, and then was quite chilly.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot Sun, Deep Snow, Convective Goodness, Anvil Crawlers

hmm. I don't know, I'm not a million miles away from you Jo and I'm optimistic for a few flakes in the early hours!

• Like 2

Posted

In case I don't get to say. Good Luck tomorrow Amanda, I hope the weather holds out for the important bits and I wish you a lifetime of happiness.

ditto amanda in case you don't come back here till afterwards.

Posted
  • Location: Saltdean,Nr Brighton,East Sussex,Hither Green,SE London.
  • Location: Saltdean,Nr Brighton,East Sussex,Hither Green,SE London.

First rumble of thunder for 2015 heard here in sarf London, quite an active trough just cleared through the London area.

London fire and Rescue reporting a tornado In Harrow this afternoon 'flatning a garage and damaging cars'

Posted

We believe that a mini tornado has levelled a single storey garage & damaged cars on Grafton Road in #Harrow. Thankfully no one injured.

Funnily enough I had a sleet shower earlier on in the more intense ppn, I did notice there is some slight CAPE about, so volatile. Even thundersnow for western fringes, do not follow the graphics, I'd suggest. What'll be will be, no one can play god...the weather does what it wants, and asks for no input. SE is currently in a mild sector that will be pushed out the way, and then the chance of some flakes arises.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy and thundery.

I doubt I'll get anything too or i'll be asleep anyways :rofl:

But good luck to those lamp watching tonight.

Posted

hmm. I don't know, I'm not a million miles away from you Jo and I'm optimistic for a few flakes in the early hours!

well,im going to stay up, and see how it goes, just to see it, would make me happy,  :D

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunny Days and a little Snow.

Before some get too carried away, check the dam, dew points and temps as the night progresses. :friends:

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow events / Wind storms

Current 528dam line

dam_zps1658f137.png

• Red dashed-lines: geopotential height at 500 hPa each 6 dam analyzed with Barnes algorithm from upper-air observations and first guess model data
  • Like 1

Posted

Big upgrade there on the EURO4, been waiting for the 06z to come out all morning. Surely they must have this nailed now.

Or maybe another upgrade later on the 12z for tonight's snow potential. Showers moving in from the west are looking pretty fierce!

I have been watching my little snow flake symbol on the MetO appear and disappear for Wednesday. Oh look it's gone again :crazy:

It's Baaaaaack.... lol

Posted

We have had some wet snow in the last hour, steady falls but not settling. Also had reports of snow in Cromer which is just up the road... I didn't expect anything here and especially this early. Promising signs if we get any further showers tonight, even if it is only short lived until tomorrow. Already had more snow than the whole of last winter. Positive signs indeed  :D  :yahoo:

• Like 1

Posted

Lets get ready to rumble, do you mean possible thunderstorms tonight or poss snow ?

Or even better - thundersnow !!!

post-19153-0-57535300-1421169712_thumb.j

:rofl: Hopefully the Thames can get its act together - might provide that added moisture...I would not rule out something thundery the contents sleet/snow in a few hours time, sferics reported in Wales.

Posted

We have had some wet snow in the last hour, steady falls but not settling. Also had reports of snow in Cromer which is just up the road... I didn't expect anything here and especially this early. Promising signs if we get any further showers tonight, even if it is only short lived until tomorrow. Already had more snow than the whole of last winter. Positive signs indeed  :D  :yahoo:

you aren't that far from here as the crow flies so i shall keep looking outside lol