Snow?

Southeast England and East Anglia - Weather Chat

• Replies 3.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Just another link-   The Euro4 model is the one my above post but will add again- For beginners use these 2 - you can just change the timelines with each model run ( some 2 hours after each run it

The front is now beginning to push in-   Watch out for the dewpoints to start dropping from the SE later in the eve,   There is a LOT of of PPN out in the channel arcing NNE ( NNN - even NNW)  

You sound like my ex

Posted Images

My boss hasn't made it in from Hailsham due to 'snow'!!

To be fair some of the main roads were pretty bad first thing. The coast road was closed first thing as a car had overturned on the snow which had a knock on effect on the other main roads.

I have a short video but the uploader says that mp4 files aren't allowed...does anyone have any idea what format is permitted? Thanks.

I'll have a look into this - they should work :)

To be fair some of the main roads were pretty bad first thing. The coast road was closed first thing as a car had overturned on the snow which had a knock on effect on the other main roads.

Ok fair enough may be, I would rather be late then not turn up at all though.

I have a short video but the uploader says that mp4 files aren't allowed...does anyone have any idea what format is permitted? Thanks.

Should (hopefully) work now.

This reminds me very much of the early Eighties winters, we got a very small bite of the cherry early with tiny snowfall, or snow falling lightly, then a warm up, then give it about 10 days for the the full winter to arrive.

20_Jan_15.mp4    

(Second attempt, though I'm not convinced it merited the work by site admin etc!)

EDIT: Ah, it doesn't come in a frame. Sorry, think this may be beyond my extremely limited technical ability.

Edited by stun12

Nice to see those in the far south have got a bit of snow. Lets hope for some more tonight and into tomorrow :)

Cloudy here, still very cold and frosty

Yet 7 miles down the road, there's barely a cloud in the sky. 

attachicon.gif20_Jan_15.mp4    

(Second attempt, though I'm not convinced it merited the work by site admin etc!)

EDIT: Ah, it doesn't come in a frame. Sorry, think this may be beyond my extremely limited technical ability.

Not your fault is the system - best route I think is to upload to youtube/vimeo and then copy the link into your post, it'll embed the video then. 

Not your fault is the system - best route I think is to upload to youtube/vimeo and then copy the link into your post, it'll embed the video then. 

OK. Thanks for letting me know. I'll wait until I have a better video I think. Just have to dig out the youtube account....

Morning all. Glad to see some of you in Sussex/Kent have had your snow shield breached. Alas a sunny and hoar frosty morning here on the Essex Riviera and the 22 month wait goes on...

Edited by Shrimper

So pleased some people have had snow! :D

Nothing for me here - frost, blue skies and sunny, all mention of snow disappeared from MetO app.

Mine has a bit more sleet at times today, then some sleet when there is a bit of ppn tomorrow.

• Like 1

I think you have to look at the text from MO as well, the hour by hour forecast is just the raw data. Going by what they have got right now they are not sure what is going to fall. Could be some surprises could be some disappointment at the end of the day it is only the weather.

• Like 1