Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Southeast England and East Anglia - Weather Chat

Captain Shortwave

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Warm summers but not too hot and colder winters with frost and snow

Looking at  the latest maps it seems to keep the SE pretty snow free, please tell me Im wrong :)

Yeah the charts don't correlate to precipitation levels but at this far out I wouldn't be too concerned. When it comes to snow it is a case of watch 12hrs out to see what is most likely. Last night case in point from a negative pov when it seemed possible that we would get light covering but ended up with pretty much nothing in SE. Lets hope works other way round this time and we all get a big dollop LOL!!

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and Storms

I see numerous snow events sprucing up on face value it is looking pretty damn!! good, going by the latest charts available -western/central parts do best with slider setups, with very cold air engaging with shallow lows recipe for snow. Not so strong is the signal of accumulations however it will be very cold, minima circa -10C over the snowfields to the west of London, later on SE/EA is the place to be with a raw NE wind, but no need for the minor details, you would love that 22nd chart you'll be clobbered. :)

You have eased my worries a little, thanks  :)

• Like 1

Posted

and it's raining.

couldn't have even waited til 8pm.

faffinarlass

Edited by Bogman
  • Like 1

Posted

You have eased my worries a little, thanks  :)

You're welcome :) the cold is banked in the 'kitty' no question about that, the question is regarding how cold it will get & where the boundaries will be hopefully none, snow shall fall 90% sure, complex business, next week, is undoubtedly going to be cold & whitest week since 2013. The output has similar shades to January 2013, it just feels different this time. I like going by my instinctive powers Oooo.

Posted

Just seen a flash in the sky and the winds are beginning to pick up here on the south coast.

Hope everyone in exposed positions in all regions stays safe.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, T Storms.

Just seen a flash in the sky and the winds are beginning to pick up here on the south coast.

Hope everyone in exposed positions in all regions stays safe.

I've noticed my lights flicker a bit earlier, don't think it was the wind just yet though, I hope. 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow Snow and more Snow!

Reminds me of 2013 as well, no models said it would reach southeast then either but once cold was in we got a nice few inches that as I recall didn't show on models till 12 hours prior.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cool not cold, warm not hot. No strong Wind.

Wind appears to be picking up a bit here now, still dry though.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Storms, high winds, thunder, snow

There's going to be an article about the approaching storm on BBC London News in a minute with a news reporter at Dartford bridge, I'm guessing they're thinking its going to get quite bad if its making the news and it hasn't even got going yet.

• Like 2

Posted

Few goodies from MOD thread come to think of it fax - for Saturday is interesting... Thoughts?

post-19153-0-34362900-1421260259_thumb.j

ECMWF holding steady so far seems trival going on about snow when we have some potential disruptive weather on our doorstep...time for me to take a step back. :wink:

post-19153-0-34469100-1421260134_thumb.j

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, T Storms.

Few goodies from MOD thread come to think of it fax - for Saturday is interesting... Thoughts?

attachicon.gifimage.jpg

ECMWF holding steady so far seems trival going on about snow when we have some potential disruptive weather on our doorstep...time for me to take a step back. :wink:

attachicon.gifimage.jpg

Looks similar to last night to me, fingers crossed the dp drops better this time.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Storms, high winds, thunder, snow

BBC London forecast just now downplaying gusts to 50mph when most other forecasts are suggesting 60+ there seems to be confusion galore. It would hardly seem worthit doing a news article about potential disruption if the gusts struggled to get above 50mph!

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cool not cold, warm not hot. No strong Wind.

Look East forecast for tonight into tomorrow morning suggested the winds would be no worse than they were last weekend.

• Like 1

Posted

attachicon.gifimage.jpg

attachicon.gifimage.jpg

Hello guys ,

I m new in the forum and i m trying to understand something about the uk wheater but is much more different than the tuscany , but for what i can see we should have nice probability to see the white lady soon even in london right??

• Like 3

Posted

MetO raw output still gives gusts for MSL, Rochester, of 51mph. That's an enclosed meander in the River Medway, not normally prone. Almost the whole area above that is exposed to North Downs.

Look East forecast for tonight into tomorrow morning suggested the winds would be no worse than they were last weekend.

Probably not even as strong as that in E Anglia. Main risk is front and tightening isobars at 3am tomorrow; not one or the other, but both together, which is almost exclusively a Kent only event.

Edited by Sparkicle
  • Like 1

Posted

Hello guys ,

I m new in the forum and i m trying to understand something about the uk wheater but is much more different than the tuscany , but for what i can see we should have nice probability to see the white lady soon even in london right??

Hi ceppa88 welcome to the forum

Yes it is you'll learn quickly I knew nothing from March 14 and now I've built up a good understanding.

White Lady may pay a visit even this weekend Saturday/Sunday nothing much IMO even though the GFS PPN charts are going crazy for heavy snowfall coating the SE, next week is when it gets interesting if you are looking for a decent fall, more typical january weather. Ice, snow, frosts all in there.

Posted

Hello guys ,

Welcome the ramping. This is where people see charts that might as well be the next decade and go mad. Subsequently they are really disappointed and blame just about everyone else. LOL :)

BBC London forecast just now downplaying gusts to 50mph when most other forecasts are suggesting 60+ there seems to be confusion galore. It would hardly seem worthit doing a news article about potential disruption if the gusts struggled to get above 50mph!

Kent only.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and thunder ~ both together would be great !

Wind is gradually picking up in whitstable .

Looking forward to some interesting weather

For a change.

Posted

Bellissimo :clapping:

bitterly cold E'ly lake effect type snow - North Sea could do with a Jog!

attachicon.gifimage.jpgattachicon.gifimage.jpg

Errr. No. You need an unstable airmass and/or warm sea: none of which is true for this synoptic and this time of year which is why Jan tends not to be too snowy,

You're welcome :) the cold is banked in the 'kitty' no question about that, the question is regarding how cold it will get & where the boundaries will be hopefully none, snow shall fall 90% sure, complex business, next week, is undoubtedly going to be cold & whitest week since 2013. The output has similar shades to January 2013, it just feels different this time. I like going by my instinctive powers Oooo.

No, it is not banked in the 'kitty' Look at the ensemble spread.

• Like 3

Posted

Bellissimo :clapping:

bitterly cold E'ly lake effect type snow - North Sea could do with a Jog!

attachicon.gifimage.jpgattachicon.gifimage.jpg

A north shift of those 950 would be nice , i m just scared that the one in italy won t attract the other too fast ...let me know if i said something stupid LOL