Sign in to follow this  
Paul

Wales - Weather Chat

As cold spells go, not a good start is it? Rain Friday and any snow at the weekend currently looks confined to coastal areas.

Rubbish mate, this is why I don't bother with them gfs ppn charts or whatever they are. They were showing show for the majority of Wales yet ate very misleading as the truth is hardly any of Wales ended up with snow.

Not quite cold enough again across Wales we had not much snow as we hoped for Saturday with Northerly with unstable air seems to be our best chance of getting a covering ,Can we get our beloved NNWind delivering  a streamer,and the streamer doing its magic .met office forecast shows sleet /snow at times.PPVL89.png

Edited by keithlucky

Snowing here again at the moment. Not much overnight by the looks but there's a covering down.

Just had rain overnight but the grifters are out all ready so let's see what the day brings

With February upon us and having seen no lying snow beyond three pointless coverings, I'm starting to grow a little itchy to see something.

Within the next week or two the days will begin to grow noticeably longer and the power of the sun will start to increase and, with no meaningful snows in sight (for this part of the world) and heaps of uncertainty, it doesn't bode well.

Edited by Jackfrost

A little over a month and the flowers will be in bloom and warm (ish) days become a possibility, thankfully.

This winter is more depressing than last for its missed opportunities. At least we had an endless succession of incredible storms; this is just mediocre.

Edited by Jackfrost

A little over a month and the flowers will be in bloom and warm (ish) days become a possibility, thankfully.

This winter is more depressing than last for its missed opportunities. At least we had an endless succession of incredible storms; this is just mediocre.

Can't wait for heat waves now, had enough of dissapointment this winter.

Snap.

Those long summer nights, verdant foliage, barbecued kebabs and ridiculously large inflatable garden paddling pools are calling.

Edited by Jackfrost

I'm convinced this will become ever more frequent in the near future thanks to climate change and warming.

Oh dear everyone down in the dumps this morning - plenty of time to go and then theres always next year :0)

I sometimes get frustrated with Derek's lack of enthusiasm for snow and his downplaying of potential but when it comes down to it, he's more often right than wrong.

Light dusting of snow here, but roads clear. Still, l have plenty of logs stacked, planning to watch snow from fireside 'working from home'. Also enough food for snowmaggedon so quite happy if snow twinkledusts down whenever. Just fancy a few days metaphorically snowed in and cozy :)

I find it bizzare those proclaiming that Derek had it spot on....didn't you see his forecast last night? Even Derek overplayed the potential for snow saying a few cms above about 150m which hasn't been the case.

I don't know y everyone is so dissapointed, it's average January weather and its not going to b a 2010 repeat like some have been saying on the Mod thread. The only people u should b listening to is the met office cos as far as I can c they have had it spot on the last 2 winters. If they say we're in for a good chance of snow then we should all get excited.

snow behind my house on mountain but nothing really lets get the sun out and a few nice beers sitting out the garden, as said by many many times wales just don't see great snow very often, we do have big totals every 300 years ha ha but at least we got lots of drinking water.

I don't know y everyone is so dissapointed, it's average January weather and its not going to b a 2010 repeat like some have been saying on the Mod thread. The only people u should b listening to is the met office cos as far as I can c they have had it spot on the last 2 winters. If they say we're in for a good chance of snow then we should all get excited.

But...... just seen the latest forecast and they are not saying snow for majority of Wales. Showers don't float my boat - we need a front to come in - showers go quickly - that's more like late March/April activity when you get your last chance of snow before spring. Winter we need a snow filled front to go over us. Not going to happen atm.

I sometimes get frustrated with Derek's lack of enthusiasm for snow and his downplaying of potential but when it comes down to it, he's more often right than wrong.

Indeed imagine how unpopular he would be this morning if he'd told us we'd all be waking up to a covering

Edited by TonyH

You , fellow humans! Stop being a bunch of wet snowflakes :p

Edited by ancientsolar

Heavy sleet shower here,feels freezing in the wind currently 1.7 . Hoping and praying :)

I find it bizzare those proclaiming that Derek had it spot on....didn't you see his forecast last night? Even Derek overplayed the potential for snow saying a few cms above about 150m which hasn't been the case.

Spot on for those of us at lower levels I should have said.

Until he says we (as in all of us) can expect a significant snow event then the message is a simple one. Don't believe the hype.

A few cms of snow here, drifting in the westerly wind. Hopefully see some more action as the winds swing to a more northerly direction.

A few cms of snow here, drifting in the westerly wind. Hopefully see some more action as the winds swing to a more northerly direction.

Buzz off you've had yours already. Let the rest of us get in on it.