Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Wales - Weather Chat

Paul

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold, snowy..warm summers but not so hot you can fry an egg on the ground
8 minutes ago, Jackfrost said:

It shouldn't be taken literally because the charts at this range tend to show general patterns rather than the precise setup, but make no mistake: this is an excellent chart for Wales.

Recm1681.gif

just in time for going back to work aswell!. Lovely to see a chart like that on a Monday morning

• Like 1

Posted
1 hour ago, dbaloo said:

just in time for going back to work aswell!. Lovely to see a chart like that on a Monday morning

Yeah! Maybe you'll get an unexpectedly extended Christmas break. :D

Just for fun, If I had to make a forecast based on that particular chart I'd call for temperatures of 0-4C across Wales with snow focussed on South and Mid Wales away from the immediate coast. Estimated amounts, 3-6" generally.

Meanwhile, this shows a good fall of snow over the whole of Wales with up to 8" over the Beacons.

ecms4.png.72f475478e57a5229a7121ed66bab8

Edited by Jackfrost
  • Like 1

Posted
Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer: warm, humid, thundery. Winter: mild, stormy, some snow.

I'm surprised there's not much input here from members of North Wales along river courses. Llangollen, Betws-y-Coed, Llanrwst, and many towns and villages along the River Conwy & Dee for example, could get serious flooding on Wednesday. 

Edited by SP1986
  • Like 1

Posted
4 hours ago, keithlucky said:

Let battle commence ! high pressure to the east warm air to the west UK in the middle , new year new weather:drunk-emoji:Met Office Modelimage.png.eef2cfc490c21027334d7a090725cd

Edited by keithlucky

Posted
9 hours ago, keithlucky said:

The big difference was that December 1981 was nothing like December 2015. From memory I don't recall a single epic winter that didn't have at least one cold spell during December. Of course, I'm not discounting the possibility that we won't get an event like March 1969, February 2007 or March 2013 but the odds aren't exactly stacked in our favour at the moment.

Pete

Posted
5 hours ago, SP1986 said:

I'm surprised there's not much input here from members of North Wales along river courses. Llangollen, Betws-y-Coed, Llanrwst, and many towns and villages along the River Conwy & Dee for example, could get serious flooding on Wednesday. 

Yeah, general lack of interest from the press too. Capel Curig the wettest place in The U.K, A55 flooded and some serious flooding around Bangor and in the Conwy Valley but it barely gets a mention on The BBC or SKY.

Pete

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer: warm, humid, thundery. Winter: mild, stormy, some snow.

I saw a photo

16 minutes ago, PeteB said:

Yeah, general lack of interest from the press too. Capel Curig the wettest place in The U.K, A55 flooded and some serious flooding around Bangor and in the Conwy Valley but it barely gets a mention on The BBC or SKY.

Pete

I saw a photo of the Conwy Valley floods, they were really massive.. not just localised but spanned massive areas of the valley

Edited by SP1986

Posted

A cold Nwest wind from a cold source for January the 5th that s more like ECH1-144.GIF.png

Edited by keithlucky

Posted

Just been reviewing data from several different websites.  I understand its elnino but jesus christ there doesnt seem to be hardly any cold intrusions.   In the 6 years gritting, with the data I have seen so far and i know things can change but it looks like this will be a record breaking mild winter!  rain rain and more rain.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, welshgritter said:

Just been reviewing data from several different websites.  I understand its elnino but jesus christ there doesnt seem to be hardly any cold intrusions.   In the 6 years gritting, with the data I have seen so far and i know things can change but it looks like this will be a record breaking mild winter!  rain rain and more rain.

Certainly a record breaking December that is for sure.

Just had a massive thunderhail shower, with torrential hail, one big flash of lightning and some thunder.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow in winter, good sun at other times with appropriate rain.

Well!  Certainly the wettest dog walk in a long time.  Trying to sleet and hail.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow in winter, good sun at other times with appropriate rain.

Suddenly gone from dusk ish with clear sky to gloomily dark with hail and heavy rain.  Well, quiet NY eve for us, log burner on, mulled wine and sofa slump, which is dandy!

Happy New Year/Blwyddyn Newydd Dda!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold, snowy..warm summers but not so hot you can fry an egg on the ground

happy new year to all the gang here at net weather! January bring us snow and cold please!!!!

Posted

Wettest day of December here today strangely and now there's ice on my car. What a weird winter.

Pete

Edited by PeteB

Posted

Nice New Year's Day frost - it will make a change to walk dog in dry weather.

Posted

Where can I find monthly up to date rainfall data for the Carmarthen area? Any ideas please?

Preferably in graph format.

I'm curious to see the totals for each month going back the past 10 years, Thanks. :)

Edit: in fact, any data for south west Wales would do.

Edited by Buzz

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Extremes of all kinds...
14 hours ago, Buzz said:

Where can I find monthly up to date rainfall data for the Carmarthen area? Any ideas please?

Preferably in graph format.

I'm curious to see the totals for each month going back the past 10 years, Thanks. :)

Edit: in fact, any data for south west Wales would do.

Try:

www.wunderground.com

Insert your location and go to 'History' where you can select weather data weekly, monthly or from and to any dates ('custom').  The nearest data they have to Carmarthen is Pembrey Sands.

• Like 1