Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Wales - Weather Chat

Paul

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Extreme weather, wind, snow, heat, storms

wow,just waiting for the ecm to roll out and in the mod thread on of the mods has said there's a possibility of them closing the thread for a while.its unreal in there today

A temp ban for the more persistent offenders wouldn't go amiss. I've had to use ignore on quite a few so that only the level headed cold and mild lover remain. Even reported a very inappropriate post directed towards a female contributor.

Anyway. We're all good in here and now the wild winds and rain are out the way we can start looking forward to some cold and possibly some snow. Maybe some lampost watching tonight and early morning for the more hardcore of us.

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow/blizzard

What's the chances of snow settling in lower grounds of north west wales this coming cold spell??

Posted

:yahoo: Helen Willets  gave a great weather report just earlier on BBC WALE'S saying that a Snow event could happen next week in Wale's  :yahoo: she must of been talking about this http://www.bbc.co.uk/weather/feeds/30824978?ns_mchannel=social&ns_campaign=bbc_weather&ns_source=twitter&ns_linkname=news_central

Edited by Bonjangle

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, snow and more snow!

What's the chances of snow settling in lower grounds of north west wales this coming cold spell??

Would love an answer to this too.  My nerves are well and truly jangled with all the will it won't it in our little part of Wales lol.  Someone in the mod thread mentioned a low in the Irish sea that could give us a good result but i don't really know what all these charts mean tbh.  Can anyone explain it please? :help:

• Like 1

Posted

Had a couple of snow showers today,gave a slight brief dusting max was 2.9c

But had the coldest night of the winter for 2 year at -1.3c good to see so far this evening.  :) gone upto -0.1c now.

Edited by Snowyowl9

Posted

Well, end of a great week of weather in Pembs: thunder snow, a tile-ratling gale and even a mini-tornado!

And tonight, here, we've winter's alter-ego: the stars are burning-out sharp across the firmament and, following a week of clattering boughs, there's now a total stillness in the woods at the top of the estate; a natural clamping down, a hiding away, a readiness for the frost tonight and for those to come in the nights to come.

And next week? While we log-on and reload; refresh for the 12z, the 850s, the dew point; and bicker over a slider, or a Dangler: the animals in the fields, the woods and the hedgerows, they sniff the air and snug down just a little bit deeper.  

• Like 3

Posted

Would love an answer to this too.  My nerves are well and truly jangled with all the will it won't it in our little part of Wales lol.  Someone in the mod thread mentioned a low in the Irish sea that could give us a good result but i don't really know what all these charts mean tbh.  Can anyone explain it please? :help:

Lol same... I have a slight feeling it will be rain or sleet at its best we will see in caernarfon though :(.. Which part of anglesey are you?

Posted

:yahoo: Helen Willets  gave a great weather report just earlier on BBC WALE'S saying that a Snow event could happen next week in Wale's  :yahoo: she must of been talking about this http://www.bbc.co.uk/weather/feeds/30824978?ns_mchannel=social&ns_campaign=bbc_weather&ns_source=twitter&ns_linkname=news_central

That forecast was from a couple of days ago unfortunately....prospects looked a lot better then for us down South wales

Posted

Lol same... I have a slight feeling it will be rain or sleet at its best we will see in caernarfon though :(.. Which part of anglesey are you?

In between Llanfachraeth and Llanfaethlu.  So frustrating being a snow obsessive right now :(

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Extreme weather, wind, snow, heat, storms

Just watched the weather on BBC24. Worst I've ever seen. Rushed with no details whatsoever. Started the forcast at 9am tomorrow and quickly went through to Sun. A short mention of "some significant snow for some"

Posted

In between Llanfachraeth and Llanfaethlu.  So frustrating being a snow obsessive right now :(

Ah rite.. Right at the top nearly then... It's sure to hit you first if its coming from the NW direction then :)

Posted

Ah rite.. Right at the top nearly then... It's sure to hit you first if its coming from the NW direction then

Got everything crossed!  Just one snow day will do, I'll be happy then :D

That may be out of date but synoptically that is still pretty much the situation for this weekend and into next week.

Posted

Well, end of a great week of weather in Pembs: thunder snow, a tile-ratling gale and even a mini-tornado!

And tonight, here, we've winter's alter-ego: the stars are burning-out sharp across the firmament and, following a week of clattering boughs, there's now a total stillness in the woods at the top of the estate; a natural clamping down, a hiding away, a readiness for the frost tonight and for those to come in the nights to come.

And next week? While we log-on and reload; refresh for the 12z, the 850s, the dew point; and bicker over a slider, or a Dangler: the animals in the fields, the woods and the hedgerows, they sniff the air and snug down just a little bit deeper.  

That's a misnomer TV news thing mini tornado.

• Like 1

Posted

Just watched the weather on BBC24. Worst I've ever seen. Rushed with no details whatsoever. Started the forcast at 9am tomorrow and quickly went through to Sun. A short mention of "some significant snow for some"

The weather at 9.55pm tonight will (should) be better on bbc News 24!

Edited by Ian Price

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, Thunderstorms, Hot Summer days

The prediction is that snow will settle above 200m.

the hour by hour forecast on the bbc website doesn't fill me with confidence, although with an early start tomorrow, ice is the last thing I want to contend with

Posted

Good question! Might snow here in any heavy precipitation anytime between tonight an mid week next week. Could be some wintry showers overnight tonight. A few occluded fronts and troughs moving down over the weekend, so who knows! Any streamers off the irish sea in the North wind would be ideal for caernarfon but we might not get any..!

More general rain/sleet or snow forecast on tuesday but too far ahead to be specific. On tuesday upper temps and dewpoints slightly too high in the mild sector so snow probably limited to higher ground inland at least 200m+. Again too early to forecast really! Might turn to snow on the backedge as the rain clears and dewpoints fall again.

Edited by Ian Price

the hour by hour forecast on the bbc website doesn't fill me with confidence, although with an early start tomorrow, ice is the last thing I want to contend with

Ice is a real risk tonight, especially with temp below freezing before the front comes in.

Yep that's what I meant sorry.

no worries, and hopefully some snow will fall below 200m !!!!!

• Like 1

Posted

Good question! Might snow here in any heavy precipitation anytime between tonight an mid week next week. Could be some wintry showers overnight tonight. A few occluded fronts and troughs moving down over the weekend, so who knows! Any streamers off the irish sea in the North wind would be ideal for caernarfon but we might not get any..!

More general rain/sleet or snow forecast on tuesday but too far ahead to be specific. On tuesday upper temps and dewpoints slightly too high in the mild sector so snow probably limited to higher ground inland at least 200m+. Again too early to forecast really! Might turn to snow on the backedge as the rain clears and dewpoints fall again.

Hi thanks for for the reply much appreciated hope we see some :)

Posted

The nightly 6-10 day forecast has updated.

I'm not sure what to think of it. Definitely one of those occasions when you have to read between the lines.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/weather/feeds/30842988

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Storms & Snow.

Cold tonight here's the car reading ! So any PPN coming in or are we due a dry night?

post-3297-0-16248400-1421444087_thumb.jp

Edited by Marcus_surfer

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, Thunder & Lightning, Thundersnow, Storms, Heatwave

Cold tonight here's the car reading ! So any PPN coming in or are we due a dry night?attachicon.gifimage.jpg

yes precip coming in early morning, temperatures will rise with it though but ground will be frozen by then, so whether it is rain or snow that falls, ice likely a big issue. MO going with settling snow 200m+ so will have to wait and see.