Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Wales - Weather Chat

Paul

Posted

Hail and the odd wet snow flake that fell earlier as now all iced up and is trecherous outside now , more showers to come though through the night so not all over as of yet ... 

Edited by Bonjangle

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, Thunder & Lightning, Thundersnow, Storms, Heatwave

Euro 4 18z showing the current lull we are in with showers but it still shows heavy precipitation early hours of the morning. These showers can be seen now to the west of wales that are building up nicely. If you're up early for work, you will probably see some falling snow at least.

Posted

Euro 4 18z showing the current lull we are in with showers but it still shows heavy precipitation early hours of the morning. These showers can be seen now to the west of wales that are building up nicely. If you're up early for work, you will probably see some falling snow at least.

I reckon we could see a dusting if the showers are heavy enough.

Posted

I reckon we could see a dusting if the showers are heavy enough.

yes same, temperatures on the rise at the moment but temperatures will be much lower too 3-6am 0c/1c for many according to latest run. Wish I could stay up and find out.

There's a very heavy shower south of swansea at the moment, looks like heading for here so may stay up for that one.

Edited by bradythemole

Posted

Sleet, wet snow, now light rain again in Cardiff, wet not white. But temperatures have actually risen last hour or two, but forecast to drop again now so we will see, plenty of shower activity heading this way.

Posted

Gone from 3.7c to 0.9c in a matter of like 15 mins with this precipitation. Currently snowing light to moderate, can't see out much because street lights turned off but I can see a dusting on my conservatory roof

• Like 1

Posted

Gone from 3.7c to 0.9c in a matter of like 15 mins with this precipitation. Currently snowing light to moderate, can't see out much because street lights turned off but I can see a dusting on my conservatory roof

Not sure what's happened here, keeps changing from sleet/rain to wet snow - still have thunder and lightning though.

Posted

yes, think colder air starting to get entrenched now again as temps had risen from earlier but should start to drop away now until daylight, icy start probably whether you have snow or not â„ï¸ Are you on higher ground?

Posted

yes, think colder air starting to get entrenched now again as temps had risen from earlier but should start to drop away now until daylight, icy start probably whether you have snow or not â„ï¸ Are you on higher ground?

Na, only 57m asl

Edit: Lighter ppn back to sleet, 1.1c. Knocking off, hope everyone wakes up to a bit of snow.

Edited by shaunwales
  • Like 1

Posted

Snow beginning here and yes, it's all snow. None of that horrible rain/hail mix.

Looks like it's about to turn quite heavy for SE Wales according to the radar.

• Like 1

Posted

Snow beginning here and yes, it's all snow. None of that horrible rain/hail mix.

Looks like it's about to turn quite heavy for SE Wales according to the radar.

About time mate that you had some snow after that rubbish earlier! wonder if it'll start as snow here.

Posted

Exactly Jay. You would have thought my elevation and inland location would have produced something meaningful earlier than 2am, but here we are!

Edited by Jackfrost
  • Like 1

Posted

Exactly Jay. You would have thought my elevation and inland location would have produced something meaningful earlier than 2am, but here we are!

Is it heavy where you are? Sky has turned that nice snowy tinge but that doesn't stop it raining here.

Posted

Is it heavy where you are? Sky has turned that nice snowy tinge but that doesn't stop it raining here.

Yeah, it's fairly heavy and settling on all surfaces.

Really sorry to hear that you're getting rain down in Cardiff town.  :sorry:

Edited by Jackfrost

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, Sun, Heat, Cold,T/storms via Spanish plumes *rare*

Doesn't surprise me. Used to it now haha.

Still raining in Cardiff?

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Storms & Snow.

Snow has settled here but not the best very wet and shower has passed before anything significant started to pile up. Ground is too warm.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorm

Who needs snow? It's thundering here in Cardiff - some nice blue lightning and deep rumbles of thunder!

Not too bad either about 2 rumbles per minute.

Edited by liamtellis
  • Like 2

Posted

Just had a look out and blimey! About 3 inches of snow down and possibly more to come looking at the radar

• Like 1