Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Scotland - Weather Chat

Paul

Posted

We have a covering too.Quite frosty earlier on at -1c with a strong SW wind. Currently 0c

I'm personally starting to look forward to the summer, long days, sunshine and the associated 5 month holiday that I have coming up (April to September excluding May exams). Ok, what I really mean is midges, rain, very humid, sun is up by 4:30am so I can't sleep, hayfever.....

While I would love a very cold snowy spring, I have to admit that I've started looking forward to some warmer weather. It's getting to the stage that there's no point flogging a dead horse for some of us?

Plus my psoriasis has suddenly flared up really badly and a carefully applied massive dose of sunshine will be the only thing to take it away properly.

I could be saying different if some cold appears from nowhere, I'd still take snow over pain relief  :D

Edited by CatchMyDrift

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: well it depends.. just not haar!

Woke up the sound of scraping snow shovels and the husband oot clearing the road. I think we got a few inches here, and the wind is baltic.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snaw

Woke up the sound of scraping snow shovels and the husband oot clearing the road. I think we got a few inches here, and the wind is baltic.

We have nothing but a little dusting, although cam suggests Soutra got a cover overnight.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: well it depends.. just not haar!

How bad is it going to be today? I want to get out to Costco..

Posted
  • Location: Grangemouth, Central Scotland 5m ASL Weekday mornings and afternoons: Edinburgh
  • Weather Preferences: Winter: cold, snow, fog Summer: warm, sunny
  • Location: Grangemouth, Central Scotland 5m ASL Weekday mornings and afternoons: Edinburgh

Nothing on the ground in Grangemouth. Drove home from work last night at 10 in really wild conditions with a mixture of rain, sleet and snow and by the end of that shower, the temperature got down to 1.3C so I thought we had a chance last night but didn't happen. Temperature was 2.1C when I left the house and Carol Kirkwood said that the snow level will rise to 200m this morning so I think the chance is gone. There was some slight covering of slush in places in polmont. On the train to Edinburgh I only noticed snow on the hill to the south of linlithgow and obviously the Ochils. Not reached Edinburgh yet but probably the Pentlands too

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, thunderstorms, gales. All extremes except humidity.

Looking at the traffic cams I am glad I did not leave coming back down the A9 until today. Some pretty snowy scenes North of Perth.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and cold in winter and dry and very warm in summer

While I would love a very cold snowy spring, I have to admit that I've started looking forward to some warmer weather. It's getting to the stage that there's no point flogging a dead horse for some of us?

Plus my psoriasis has suddenly flared up really badly and a carefully applied massive dose of sunshine will be the only thing to take it away properly.

I could be saying different if some cold appears from nowhere, I'd still take snow over pain relief :D

Exactly Catch, this is what I was saying. Last night wasn't even close, we got wet hail for a good two hours and it didn't leave a trace. Now we are left with very chilly, windy and cloudy conditions but a few degrees too warm for the white stuff.

Yeah, my skin gets better in the summer. Even though it doesn't really tan, I do get colour and it looks much better than milk bottle white.

We'll just have to see what the weather brings but for me (you have better chances from easterlies) I think I've had my last lying (falling is still very possible) snowfall. There is small chance of the predicted block to the South West moving up and settling to out East/North East but that looks a low probability scenario. That would bring 'proper' cold uppers in but it's a pipe dream... Far more likely is a cool unsettled pattern or a slow drying process through March with temperatures slowly rising into double figures.....

I've been wrong before though ;)

Edited by SW Saltire

Exactly Catch, this is what I was saying. Last night wasn't even close, we got wet hail for a good two hours and it didn't leave a trace. Now we are left with very chilly, windy and cloudy conditions but a few degrees too warm for the white stuff.

Yeah, my skin gets better in the summer. Even though it doesn't really tan, I do get colour and it looks much better than milk bottle white.

We'll just have to see what the weather brings but for me (you have better chances from easterlies) I think I've had my last lying (falling is still very possible) snowfall. There is small chance of the predicted block to the South West moving up and settling to out East/North East but that looks a low probability scenario. That would bring 'proper' cold uppers in but it's a pipe dream... Far more likely is a cool unsettled pattern or a slow drying process through March with temperatures slowly rising into double figures.....

I've been wrong before though ;)

Chances are we'll both be wrong and it'll be the coldest April ever recorded...with loads of snow.

I'm sure we'd both be saying different if we lived elsewhere in the country, nowt like a wee TOORP from time to time :)

Posted

Moderate snow here at the minute.

Which lasted roughly 5mins! Another yellow warning to forget lol

Edited by 101_North

Posted

Usual muck and pish in the West. woke up to a covering on cars, and wee bit on grass, just had a switch to light hail there for about 20 seconds at the tail end of a depressing cold rain shower. Roll on spring!

Edited by grifter

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: appropriately seasonal

Well today is notable for being very windy here but thats it! 4C and no whisper of snow.  My folks have about 5 inches in Kingussie though. Im looking to Spring to now and for a little warmth and sunshine. 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold and snowy or warm and dry

Eventually took the dog out yesterday afternoon and all I can say is thank goodness for modern waterproof materials. Started out as wet snow and by the time I finished the walk it was pretty much all cold rain. Nothing lying in the village obviously but the hills to the west looked white again this morning.

Today it's bright, sunny, cool and pretty windy. Nothing much to be said about it other than that.

Posted

Afternoon all,

6c here in St Andrews but you'd never know it if you are out in the wind which is strong and very gusty.

My thoughts too are turning to Spring. These days I find myself less interested in snow and more focussed on sunshine and warmth (just as well, given my location!). 

Posted

Horrible heavy rain/sleet/hail. Cold at 3.8c. Was briefly up at 5.7c and dry which felt fine but it has recently turned very much for the worse... Probably just a shower

Posted

Wet sleety showers off and on all day but if Hairy Celts about I see the Black Isle to our NW is white even down the cliffs after the last heavy shower. Currently 2c

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Storms, wild! wild! wild! Frost, a wee bit o' sun....

Had a bit of everything today. Woke at 3.30am with thunderstorms, sleet and hail. Changed to rain, then snow, more thunder, strong winds thrown in for good measure. A wee touch of blue sky now, but still a bit on the chilly side at 0.7c. However, I do feel it's more spring like these days. Must be something to do with the lengthening days I think. :D

Posted

Heavy sleet at the moment with it occasionally threatening to turn more to snow. The temperature has dropped to 2.6c with the dewpoint 1.8c. I'd imagine the hills are taking a pasting just now as I've had 18.4mm of rain/sleet in the last 24 hours.

Posted

Still pouring with rain/sleet

Also, on a different note, did anyone see 'countryside 999' this morning at 11am on bbc 1?

Probably not. I had a starring role on directing the ambulance to the field where the person had been injured at the horse event.

It goes just behind playing football with

Calvin Harris (sister was very good friends with him - and still is - when I was 7/8) as my best moment of fame :)

Edited by SW Saltire
  • Like 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer: Warm/Dry enough for a t-shirt. Winter: Cold enough for a scarf.

Snow? There's been snow?

Not a bit of it here. Rain, rain and rain all the way.