Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Scotland - Weather Chat

Paul

Posted

Dustings of snow still left sky has cleared and ground has frozen up after all the wet yesterday,currently 0c. Hills should look good today as they must have had a lot of snow in the last 24 hours

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: where's my vote?

Calm, dry and about -2C. Some wind in the middle of the night but not now. A bit strange that it's colder here than with NL.

Edited by Hairy Celt

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and cold. Enjoy all extremes though.

00c/-4.1c/NNW.   Suppose that's the colder temps we were expecting just coming in now.   Don't know what else to say other than I am so fed up with this almost but never winter...zzzzzzzzz

• Like 1

Posted

Morning all,

1.3c, sunny skies. Should be a pleasant but chilly winter's day as winds continue to moderate. Expecting plenty of blue skies and sunshine this week with overnight frosts.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter: bright & frosty/snowy; summer: hot and sunny.

After being stuck in a narrow band between 2C and 3C for ages and watching the snawcover gradually disappear, some lively winds overnight - bits of tree/debris scattered about the place - and a few snow grains. Somewhat p*sh northerly so far. This morning: cold, bright & crisp. 0.3/-4C. Even if there is no more snow, there might at least be some clear nights for stargazing coming up which is another wee result after the endless muck of last winter.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold and snowy or warm and dry

1.6C and -ve dewpoint this morning. Bright and sunny with light snow flurries and a dusting of lying snow. The hills to the west are looking very white, for the first time I can remember this winter.

Posted

-1c here at the moment. We've lost most of our snow cover now and I'm not hopeful of getting much/any this week. Bright crisp morning though, feels quite bitter outside.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Location: Grangemouth, Central Scotland 5m ASL Weekday mornings and afternoons: Edinburgh
  • Weather Preferences: Winter: cold, snow, fog Summer: warm, sunny
  • Location: Grangemouth, Central Scotland 5m ASL Weekday mornings and afternoons: Edinburgh

Humidity is 49% at the moment! 1.8/-7.8C

• Like 1

Posted

Dustings of snow still left sky has cleared and ground has frozen up after all the wet yesterday,currently 0c. Hills should look good today as they must have had a lot of snow in the last 24 hours

Ben Wyvis wearing its full winter mantle. post-2744-0-52993500-1422785327_thumb.jp Showers all fading rapidly so looks like frost and sunshine will rule. Still got a moderate onshore breeze which is maybe why I am warmer than HC. Currently 0c

• Like 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter: cold, snow, fog Summer: warm, sunny

Bridge of Allan just up the road, DP dropped to -9.3c with a +2c temp.

Jeez

Yeah really low humidity. Its 46% now. 2.4/-8.4C
  • Like 1

Posted

I'm not normally one to have a go at the Met Office but right now we have 4 (count them) separate yellow warnings for Central Fife and Tayside for Sunday alone! I appreciate they will no doubt be tidied up as the morning progresses but how is the average member of the public, with just a passing interest in the weather, meant to make sense of them?

• Like 4

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, Thunderstorms, Severe Gales, Hot & Sunny or Cold & Sunny!

Best Winter here since 2010/11. Absolutely brilliant December and January with two notable severe gale events, 16 days with snow on the ground, lost count of the air/ground frosts number.

Another week of cold weather ahead with a good chance of another few cm's tomorrow night - heading up to the Cairngorms for a bit of boarding next weekend - Scottish Winter in all its glory from home to the Highlands!

COME ON ANDY!!!!!!!!

Edited by Mr Frost
  • Like 4

Posted

I'm not normally one to have a go at the Met Office but right now we have 4 (count them) separate yellow warnings for Central Fife and Tayside for Sunday alone! I appreciate they will no doubt be tidied up as the morning progresses but how is the average member of the public, with just a passing interest in the weather, meant to make sense of them?

The same applies to Aberdeen although to be fair there is a greater risk of snow today and the next few days. The warnings for the city until this point have been unnecessary. It is not difficult to exclude the city in the warning areas if appropriate.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot Summers Snowy Winters Stormy Autumns

Yup goodness knows what the basis of those warnings are...nothing showing on the models to suggest anything at all except dry and cold...even Tuesday not looking like anything of note...I s

Used to believe get the cold in and then things will happen...well that's about to be severely tested...

We have had the winter of mild muck

We have had the winter of marginal

We now have the winter of cold but little snow in this area

Will need to think hard to come up with another winter of little snow.....woop almost toorping here

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and cold in winter and dry and very warm in summer

As others have noted, dew points are much lower today. Temp is also down on yesterday at 2.7c. No real snow loss today so far despite the sparkling sunshine, which is pleasing :)

I'm also surprised at that countrywide warning for snow but maybe it will deliver snowfall quite widely, fingers crossed

Edited by SW Saltire
  • Like 1

Posted

The GFS has shown the snow coming from the north since thur/ Friday. I'm sure LS posted the precip type charts on Friday? A few pages back.

We'll see what happens.

Still a lot of snow cover here but some green showing. Road is just compacted snow here. Any pavement showing is bone dry though.

A wee top up would be fine.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Location: Maddiston , Falkirk, Scotland 390ft above sea level
  • Location: Maddiston , Falkirk, Scotland 390ft above sea level

After midnight the snow is forecast on Monday night.We had similar warnings on.Friday Saturday and got hee haw.

• Like 1