Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Scotland - Weather Chat

Paul

Posted

The rather whacky WRF high res gives a comedy interlude with 30-40 mm ppn modelled over some parts of the Southern Uplands by just midnight today, and  by tomorrow evening, has modelled over 100 mm for some parts of the Galloway Hills.

nmm_uk1-25-17-0.png?28-11

nmm_uk1-25-36-0.png?28-12

Edited by moffatross

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: cold and snowy in winter, a good mix of weather the rest of the time

Snowing lightly at the moment out at KB. The first really heavy shower half an hour ago was starting to lie on the grass which is a good sign as I expected it wouldn't start to lie till about 3pm. This next band should push the freezing level down pretty close to sea level so we might not have to wait too long to get some cover, moral for those of you not in the middle of Edinburgh.

Getting a bit heavier here now

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: appropriately seasonal

Had a heavy snow shower here for quite a while - as I got caught in it wearing the baby! Dew points just a little off here though as it wouldnt settle on the ground at all, and barely on the grass. 

My hubby works in stirling and takes the A9. what sort of time is snow chances to be at their worst - pre or post 5pm? Ta 

Posted

Constant sleet showers (sleet for now..................I think) Windy as hell too. BRR! Going to be fun going walkies with dogs soon again

Had a heavy snow shower here for quite a while - as I got caught in it wearing the baby! Dew points just a little off here though as it wouldnt settle on the ground at all, and barely on the grass. 

My hubby works in stirling and takes the A9. what sort of time is snow chances to be at their worst - pre or post 5pm? Ta 

Don't quote me on this OTR but probs post-5pm. The amber warning starts from 5pm onwards too.

Edit: Is your area in the amber warning? I can't tell in a hurry lol :D

Edited by CatchMyDrift

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and cold. Enjoy all extremes though.

Chucky down here too!   Starting to lie on roofs, car and grass.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: appropriately seasonal

Don't quote me on this OTR but probs post-5pm. The amber warning starts from 5pm onwards too.

Edit: Is your area in the amber warning? I can't tell in a hurry lol :D

Cheers Catch. I will keep an eye on traffic scotland and will have a nose at the warnings now Im home :-)

Posted

All i have is rain....rain and more rain

Any chance for greenock?

Oh dear that's not good, headin back that way this evening. Hope it changes. Snowing quite frequently in Paisley.

Amber warning just skirts Inverclyde and is valid from 17:00 so maybe hope for later on:

Valid from: 

1700 on Wed 28 Jan 2015

Valid to: 

1100 on Thu 29 Jan 2015

Edited by grifter

Posted

It's snowing quite heavily here now, it's not lying as yet at ground level but it's been sticking from about 100ft up from early this morning. Looking forward to seeing more as the day goes on. The radar is looking fabulous at the mo!

Rain!!!!!! I was right . High fives

Aww, aggy, I feel proper sorry for you :(

I'm almost glad that I'm heading off to work now until later tonight as it'll avoid an afternoon of radar watching and wishing, will drop in for an update at "lunchtime" about 6.30pm :rofl: Have fun everyone, stay safe and keep those pics and vids coming please :D

Posted
  • Location: Maddiston , Falkirk, Scotland 390ft above sea level
  • Location: Maddiston , Falkirk, Scotland 390ft above sea level

Heavy snow city of Glasgow!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer: Warm/Dry enough for a t-shirt. Winter: Cold enough for a scarf.

Been snowing here for nearly an hour, varying intensity. Now starting to lie a bit.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, thunderstorms, gales. All extremes except humidity.

Went through a very heavy snow shower this morning on the A9 between dunblane and Blackford. Was settling readily despite the wet ground. Back in Dundee now there is a light flurry. Hopefully more will get through later but  the wind is just a fraction too far North of West I fear.

Posted

Have had a few heavy Snow showers here in Fife, was starting to lie. Has now died away, temp was sitting in the car at 2.5, felt colder with the wind. Think this evening will bring more.