Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Scotland - Weather Chat

Paul

Posted

Watched a shower there and it was a bit sleety, could see rain and a mix of snowflakes in it. Amazing watching the big curtains of precip coming up the Clyde.

Posted

Moderate snow now falling, radar is packed too :) off to work in Edinburgh though so who knows how long it will take to turn to snow there..

• Like 2

Posted
  • Location: Grangemouth, Central Scotland 5m ASL Weekday mornings and afternoons: Edinburgh
  • Weather Preferences: Winter: cold, snow, fog Summer: warm, sunny
  • Location: Grangemouth, Central Scotland 5m ASL Weekday mornings and afternoons: Edinburgh

Was 4.6 when I left the house at 7 with a wind chill of 0.9. Raining on and off

Posted

Heavy snow when leaving for work. Was 5deg when I got up with dew point 3.7. When I left it had dropped to 2 deg and dew 0.1.

Heavy sleet in prestwick. Not looking forward to the drive home tonight.

Edit: meant to say I passed 3 snow ploughs on the way here so they seem to be taking it seriously.

Edited by Kayemill
  • Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Storms, wild! wild! wild! Frost, a wee bit o' sun....

Mornin' Kilties from a very sleety and cauld Skye. Massive drop in temp, down to 2.5 here today, was up at something ridiculous yesterday...11c if I remember correctly. Not expecting any white stuff till later on, and probably only a dusting as we usually get. I have plenty of wood and coal ready to keep the cauld at bay!

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snaw

Woah. T dropping like a stone.

Was 6 C just under an hour ago, now 3.8 C.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy winters, warm spring, hot summers - nae chance in Scottie though!

Bbc app now moved to sleet & only light snaw fir here eh!!

Is windy and rain has now eased:) I'm off to the hairdressers (aye on the snowiest windiest day) so I'll sit and watch the snow as I enjoy a couple of hours off.

• Like 2

Posted

Heavy snow when leaving for work. Was 5deg when I got up with dew point 3.7. When I left it had dropped to 2 deg and dew 0.1.

Heavy sleet in prestwick. Not looking forward to the drive home tonight.

Edit: meant to say I passed 3 snow ploughs on the way here so they seem to be taking it seriously.

This could turn Into an epic event for west coast and central belt. I am a little concerned that coastal areas may just see rain and sleet. Edited by jellybaby1969
  • Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Crystal Clear High Pressure & Blue Skies

Morning all, not been on as much as smartphone has black screen of death on me and is at repair shop! Might continue to inadvertently break them if there is any connection to the synoptics.

Cold air arriving with some bluster as the cold fronts sweep on through, Faxes are jammed with features over the next couple of days, who knows where a trough could stall or breakdown. :bomb: Thursday evening projection has echoes of a feature we all know from the past.

post-7292-0-08831100-1422431467_thumb.gipost-7292-0-46801200-1422431686_thumb.pn

Plenty of 'blobs' out west, showers stacked and packed and ready to roll through, activity gets lively from mid-day on NMM

post-7292-0-06192300-1422431442_thumb.jppost-7292-0-80280000-1422431588_thumb.pn

Amber potential for sure given Euro 4 heavier precip for this afternoon / evening. move that heavier band North a touch and slow the transition and it's bang on the M-8 at peak time.

post-7292-0-40732100-1422431589_thumb.gi

Also will be interesting to see how this low pans out travelling down the east of the country Friday > Saturday.

post-7292-0-48199700-1422431767_thumb.gi

Fingers crossed for snow or even Thundersnow where you are. Enjoy !

• Like 6

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Storms, wild! wild! wild! Frost, a wee bit o' sun....

Thunder and lightning now!

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snaw

That's it sleeting here now.

T drop rate has been nearly 3 C in 1 hour.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot Summers Snowy Winters Stormy Autumns

Wow interesting reports....raining here but obviously feels so cold in that biting wind....here's hoping for that band at teatime 50miles further north from a purely selfish point of view

Wow interesting reports....raining here but obviously feels so cold in that biting wind....here's hoping for that band at teatime 50miles further north from a purely selfish point of view

Nuh, send it right over here. I want snow.

Blitzen: Get a can of petrol and torch that snowblower, in a sacrifice to the snow gods :D

Currently 4.4º/0.7º but also dropping steadily.

Edited by CatchMyDrift

Posted

Wind starting to swing round to the NW, now WNWrly - definitely moving into the cold period now...

Posted

Rain to heavy flake snow for a bit there in Paisley. Seemed to be back and forth between rain/sleet/snow, but the snow flakes were quite big and very wet snow.

Not sure if any will stick unless it stays on a bit longer.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy winters, warm spring, hot summers - nae chance in Scottie though!

Starting to feel the windchill now! Skies are clearing here and I can see some blue sky. Wind helping to dry all road surfaces again.

Rain to heavy flake snow for a bit there in Paisley. Seemed to be back and forth between rain/sleet/snow, but the snow flakes were quite big and very wet snow.

Not sure if any will stick unless it stays on a bit longer.

Paisley town centre is one of the last places it's going to snow and settle Grifter (as you'll well know :) ), so if it's already snowing at this time there, then that's a good sign. The TAF for Glasgow Airport was forecasting sleet showers between 6am and 8am today and then snow showers from 8am today to 6am tomorrow, so pretty good forecast there I think (assuming what falls now onwards is snow).

Edit: Watch out for some thundersnow too, the NW radar/lightning detector is reporting hits in the North-West and over Northern Ireland. A fun day ahead for a lot of peeps :good:

Edited by CatchMyDrift

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter: bright & frosty/snowy; summer: hot and sunny.

Heavy wet snow showers - and it's settling already.

1.2C/0C

It's gonna be a whopper!

• Like 1