Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

The Midlands - Weather Chat

Paul

Posted
  • Location: Derbyshire Peak District South Pennines Middleton & Smerrill Tops 305m (1001ft) asl.
  • Location: Derbyshire Peak District South Pennines Middleton & Smerrill Tops 305m (1001ft) asl.

Very windy/mild and overcast with persistent heavy sharp showers.

Temp 12.2c

Wind W/N/W

Average Speed 18.4mph

Gusting 51mph

Edited by Polar Maritime

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold and Snow -20 would be nice :)

One to watch, could be quite wintry next Tuesday maybe a few hours of back edge snow for the Midlands, long way off yet though.

90-574UK_vnq1.GIF96-574UK_rmh2.GIF102-574UK_mst2.GIF

Edited by Dancerwithwings
  • Like 1

Posted

Still looking very stormy for the UK mid week onwards, 12Z UKMO AT144h.... Scary!

U144-21UK_nmy9.GIF

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter - Heavy Snow Summer - Hot with Night time Thunderstorms

Oh myyyyy (No this isn't George Takei here) but even with the wind it is sooooo lovely and positively balmy out there for January. 15c. :D first time I have felt comfortable walking outdoors for ages. Shame it's not around for long but a pleasant break from the cold which fails to bring snow type conditions.

16c in Exeter right now. :D

Lush.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow! Severe storms.

Blowing a gale here! Wow. Keep wondering if any slates are going to come off the roof. We are in an exposed location facing west, so I suppose par for the course.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sun, Snow and Storms

Yep,

Very mild here too.

Currently dry and temp of 14.5C, with strong wind.

MIA

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: obviously snow!

Oh myyyyy (No this isn't George Takei here) but even with the wind it is sooooo lovely and positively balmy out there for January. 15c. :D first time I have felt comfortable walking outdoors for ages. Shame it's not around for long but a pleasant break from the cold which fails to bring snow type conditions.

16c in Exeter right now. :D

Lush.

that's what windy weather does, windy = mild, not a breath during cold spell 28th-31st Dec

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter - Heavy Snow Summer - Hot with Night time Thunderstorms

Yay we have reached 16c here. :D

• Like 1

Posted

Nice to see Jordan and Israel are doing much better for snow than 1000 miles north in the Midlands.

I seriously think I'm starting to go mad!! ><

Posted

that's what windy weather does, windy = mild, not a breath during cold spell 28th-31st Dec

(windy = mild) :cc_confused: Let me remind you.....A beastly with strong winds = very cold  :cold:  :cold:  :cold: 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: obviously snow!

(windy = mild) :cc_confused: Let me remind you.....A beastly with strong winds = very cold  :cold:  :cold:  :cold:

that's fantasy, windy weather is associated with Atlantic air, unless April then will get easterlies, windy mild from Nov to April

Posted

The snow in March 2013 came with quite gusty winds...hence the drifting that month. Quick moving snow showers on a stream of showers from the northeast in late November/early December 2010 also came with quite gusty winds. Wind isn't exclusive to mild weather around here...just more likely thanks to our more common weather patterns. Also depends on location, I grew up in Lowestoft so was exposed to some very bitter and strong northerlies and easterlies during the 80s and 90s. We are of course more naturally sheltered here in the Midlands.

Every winter is different anyway. To say that it's going to be windy and mild from November to April and then get easterlies might apply to this winter...or the next, you just don't know. You can never be too generic in this country!

Edited by Gord
  • Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot and Thundery, Cold and Snowy

17c being observed at Robin Hood airport! Record breaking January temp if official?

Posted

that's fantasy, windy weather is associated with Atlantic air, unless April then will get easterlies, windy mild from Nov to April

Don't be so daft!!!! i could show you so many charts from the past where weve had an easterly set up and prolonged with deep cold and strong winds.... nov through to april.

Fantasy! thats you all over :rofl:

• Like 3

Posted

17c being observed at Robin Hood airport! Record breaking January temp if official?

17.2 is the record for Jan 9th, at Aber in 1971- wonder whet those N Wales coast stations are on? Wouldnt be surprised to see an 18 somewhere at this rate, it is just ridiculously mild out there.

Posted

17.2 is the record for Jan 9th, at Aber in 1971- wonder whet those N Wales coast stations are on? Wouldnt be surprised to see an 18 somewhere at this rate, it is just ridiculously mild out there.

just seen your signature and folk think that the Midlands doesn't get the most boring weather in the whole country!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Enjoy the weather, you can't take it with you 😎

16.2c/62f here now at almost 7:15 Pm, STRANGE.

post-6830-0-44742800-1420830800_thumb.gi

Edited by ANYWEATHER
  • Like 2

Posted

Dare I say it is hot for January in relative terms of course! In cornwall this would have had me back in my shorts now. Especially because the first 16c of the year always feels warmer than it does in autumn after you have been used to it through summer etc. :D

Edited by Costa Del Fal
  • Like 1

Posted

And 24hrs on, back to what we would expect for Jan :cold:

30-778UK_qga5.GIF

Posted

We're warmer than pretty much all of Europe and even lots of North Africa right now!

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow

We're warmer than pretty much all of Europe and even lots of North Africa right now!

Good job it's not going to last then :) 

Looks like we shall see some wintry flurries tommorrow evening. I wouldn't be surprised anyway.

Posted

I am starting to wish for summer now, in the hope of a good thunderstorm, this winter is just depressing me now, anything cold is just staying in FI and the model watching is becoming tiresome, at least there is some interesting weather coming up In the next week

• Like 1

Posted

Good job it's not going to last then :) 

Looks like we shall see some wintry flurries tommorrow evening. I wouldn't be surprised anyway.

Looks pretty dry for the Midlands tomorrow after the front to me?

For me winter is over now as I'm back to Falmouth till Easter from Sunday so no snow for me. Maybe back briefly in February but uncertain yet. Roll on spring. :)

• Like 1