The Midlands - Weather Chat

The good news - we have at least a cm or two of lying snow here on the lawns, pavements etc

The bad news - it seems to have turned to a mixture of sleet & rain

Temp 1.7°C Dp 0.9°C

Bish

Edited by Bishop Brennan
  • Replies 4.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

A cold clear day, With everything still frozen. A few shots while out walking earlier. Temp 0.4c Dp -1.9c WC 0.2c

METO should have followed the map 

Great Longstone at 11.00am this morning pretty difficult journey, what with fog and blowing snow very tricky approx. 20 to 25cms   also plenty of vids from Beeley Moor most are at 250m to 350mtrs

Posted Images

U rely heavily on raintoday, 4th Feb 2012 you were constantly wrong, saying rain and dying out

You've got a good memory! I get it wrong all of the time mate, but it's fun trying to figure it out! I only say what I think I'm seeing and I rarely see it correctly! I probably do use rain today too much but hey ho.

Drizzle here now anyway.

The good news - we have at least a cm or two of lying snow here on the lawns, pavements etc

The bad news - it seems to have turned to a mixture of sleet & rain

Temp 1.7°C Dp 0.9°C

Bish

Yeah expect most of it to melt through the coming hours, skies are still overcast so temperatures will rise before they clear later tonight.

still snow here at 0,0C, have a good memory gordon yes

Obviously! Although I do remember being overly pessimistic about that snow event and I admit I got it completely wrong that time!

But it's these events where we learn isn't it?

• Like 1

Well I feel this is a very poor forecast from the met, the snow has cleared around the same time they predicted it to start so in that aspect they have messed up

However I am happy I have had some lying snow but just dissapointed it is already starting to melt and how short of a time It fell for, I suppose it is better than last year however and hopefully will have more to come, not too bad

Edited by Staffordshire

hmm well after the rain finally turning to snow and starting to settle it has now eased off and turned to light drizzle again.  I thought once the rain turned to snow it was going to last for a few hours.  the forecasts have been pretty weak I have to say.

Looks like most of us have had some snow today. verry sloshy here how ever we did get a covering. going by the met office app we have mor snow same with the weather channel forecast that we have mor coming so i don't know what to make of it. a qs to nick l. nick how often does the met office app gets update? thanks. Well i hope every1 who got snow today you all enjoyed it it might be a wile before we get mor if we get anymore.