Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

The Midlands - Weather Chat

Paul

Posted
  • Location: Leeds/Bradford border, 185 metres above sea level, around 600 feet

Its definitely starting to pivot. The northern edge is a line from York to the Isle of Man. The southern edge of the pivot is starting to show.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter - Heavy Snow Summer - Hot with Night time Thunderstorms

Its definitely starting to pivot. The northern edge is a line from York to the Isle of Man. The southern edge of the pivot is starting to show.

That pivot will affect well East of here I imagine. No way will there be any ppn after about 6 or 7pm imo.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter: Cold & Snowy, Summer: Just not hot

The snowflakes are HUGE. 50p size. It won't take much of this to get a good few cm. There are still a good 2-3 hours left.

• Like 3

Posted

That pivot will affect well East of here I imagine. No way will there be any ppn after about 6 or 7pm imo.

Sadly I agree...

However, more could develop, while the low is still to our south, there could be more. It might just pivot in our favour but unfortunately I think you're right.

It's been good though...and certainly a long way from the bust it could have been.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: snow, snow and more snow

It's great that it's snowing for you guys ! I think our (east mids folk) time will come in 2 or 3 hours. MetO has rural areas around me in south Leicestershire down for a good 6 hours of snow after about 8pm. 

unfortunately just heavy rain here in east midlands.  cant say I expected anything less really.

Posted

Yeah. If you ignore the curl on the western side of the low then it should start to look a bit a T, you want to be in the top line so that precipitation will essentially travel W-E over you.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow. Cold

unfortunately just heavy rain here in east midlands.  cant say I expected anything less really.

I wouldn't worry. Forecast is spot on so far. If anything the temp is falling quicker than expected.

Pretty sure we just get the snow later than those west of us. 

Sadly I agree...

However, more could develop, while the low is still to our south, there could be more. It might just pivot in our favour but unfortunately I think you're right.

It's been good though...and certainly a long way from the bust it could have been.

The Low Is Just Coming Over SW Wales. Have Positive Hopes.. Potentially Not Over By Long Way Yet. http://www.xcweather.co.uk/GB/observations

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunshine, thunder, hail & heavy snow

Absolutely hammering it down with snow in Solihull. :)

• Like 2

Posted

It has just turned to sleet in Rushden after an hour or so of rain. Temp 2.7C falling, dewpoint 1.1C! This looks good to me!

• Like 2

Posted

Pivot will only effect the North East of the region, fizzling out here already now, very nice that we got to see any snow at all considering how marginal it is but dissapointed it's bulldozed through at lightning fast speed, the wrap around is much further north than even the 12z forecasted.

Edited by conor123
  • Like 1

Posted

The Low Is Just Coming Over SW Wales. Have Positive Hopes.. Potentially Not Over By Long Way Yet. http://www.xcweather.co.uk/GB/observations

Oh I can see that and I agree that it could still offer us more with the low in that position. However, it's the position of the current band of precipitation and where it's pivoting that's concerning me, not the low itself.

Lets hope you're right!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter: Cold & Snowy, Summer: Just not hot

The heaviest has passed here now. Such a shame it's gone through so quickly, but I'd rather this than 12 hours of rain I suppose :)

• Like 1

Posted
  • Location: Derbyshire Peak District South Pennines Middleton & Smerrill Tops 305m (1001ft) asl.
  • Location: Derbyshire Peak District South Pennines Middleton & Smerrill Tops 305m (1001ft) asl.

Readily turning to snow here now.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and sun in winter; warm and bright otherwise; not a big storm fan

Just about managing a sleety slushy layer on windscreens. That's as far as we've got here -- nothing on roads etc at all. I doubt we'll get much at all this far SW, but good luck to those of you better placed! And I'm glad some have seen proper snow, at least. :)

Posted
  • Location: Llanwnnen, Lampeter, Ceredigion, 126m asl (exotic holidays in Rugby/ Coventry)
  • Location: Llanwnnen, Lampeter, Ceredigion, 126m asl (exotic holidays in Rugby/ Coventry)

Heavy snow big flakes here Coventry

• Like 1

Posted

However...there is still a lot of showery stuff over to our west and southwest in Wales and still reports of precipitation coming in from that way. And there's time for a lot more to develop. So even though the main band may have gone through far quicker than we like. There is still the chance of more coming through.

Edited by Gord

Posted

I am in the peaks for Christmas and it is raining heavy here

Must be your elevation.