Cold?
Local
Radar
Snow?

The Midlands - Weather Chat

I'm not liking the reports of rain :-(

Agree, but I think the very south of the region was always iffy for snow. Even further north in Ludlow area, it will be very borderline.

• Replies 4.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

A cold clear day, With everything still frozen. A few shots while out walking earlier. Temp 0.4c Dp -1.9c WC 0.2c

METO should have followed the map 

Great Longstone at 11.00am this morning pretty difficult journey, what with fog and blowing snow very tricky approx. 20 to 25cms   also plenty of vids from Beeley Moor most are at 250m to 350mtrs

Posted Images

Hi all

Long time lurker, rare poster...

I live near Matlock, on edge of Peak District at approx 300m, and travel across Peak District via Buxton to Stockport every morning.

The MetO forecast is looking pretty tasty, heavy snow from approx 9pm tonight until middle of tomorrow.

Am I right to be getting excited ??

• Like 1

Hi all

Long time lurker, rare poster...

I live near Matlock, on edge of Peak District at approx 300m, and travel across Peak District via Buxton to Stockport every morning.

The MetO forecast is looking pretty tasty, heavy snow from approx 9pm tonight until middle of tomorrow.

Am I right to be getting excited ??

Yh your area looks the sweet spot and has good asl so should all be snow not much marginality there

• Like 1

Im pretty hopeful tbh as im quite high up and still have froze snow where the sun hasnt hit. Quite often when its snow up here i drive down the hill and turns to sleet and rain

• Like 1

I am pleased to announce that we have proper light snow here now, and getting heavier. Temp has fallen back to 1C. Snow is pitching straight away and garden path slightly white already and only been going a few minutes!

Edit. Bigger flakes starting to appear.

Edited by picog
  • Like 2

to show the difference that elevation makes, we have a temp of 2.7 and dp of 0.1 so very VERY marginal here.

Tell me about it my brother (ssib) used to work in stratford and got so annoyed when it was rain down there as he is mad on the snow

to show the difference that elevation makes, we have a temp of 2.7 and dp of 0.1 so very VERY marginal here.

Are you still having just rain?

What ASL are you Picog?

93 asl, so not that high.

I am pleased to announce that we have proper light snow here now, and getting heavier. Temp has fallen back to 1C. Snow is pitching straight away and garden path slightly white already and only been going a few minutes!

Edit. Bigger flakes starting to appear.

1st report of snow good on ya did it start as snow

Any expert views on what to expect for Warwick/Leamington Spa?

Reading the comments etc. I would imagine this location is going to be marginal at best?

Thanks in advance

I would expect rain/sleet.

If you get snow it's a bonus.

• Like 1

Are people familiar with UKsnowmap ?

Here: http://uksnowmap.com/

Essentially you tweet your location, rate the current snowfall out of 10 (0=nothing, 10=total whiteout), and include the hashtag #uksnow .

This site searches Twitter for info and generates a map of where snow is falling.

Apologies if everyone already knows about it!

• Like 1

Im pretty hopeful tbh as im quite high up and still have froze snow where the sun hasnt hit. Quite often when its snow up here i drive down the hill and turns to sleet and rain

Yes....As a kid The Beeches were always were we headed  with our home made sledges (tea trays!)

Expect them to be covered tomorrow morning :)

ppn heading into the area atm......A night of lampost watching ahead on the cards

Snowing here in Bewdley now! Very light, small fine flakes and not really settling -- but it's snow, not sleet or rain. Considering I'm only at 90m asl, this is a good sign for many others in here! :)

Edit: Maybe I spoke too soon: it's more sleety now. Shows how marginal this is.

Edited by Arctic Hare