The Midlands - Weather Chat

• Replies 4.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

A cold clear day, With everything still frozen. A few shots while out walking earlier. Temp 0.4c Dp -1.9c WC 0.2c

METO should have followed the map 

Great Longstone at 11.00am this morning pretty difficult journey, what with fog and blowing snow very tricky approx. 20 to 25cms   also plenty of vids from Beeley Moor most are at 250m to 350mtrs

Posted Images

It's looking good for Leicester tonight! I'm going to be envious though because it looks like i'll be about 60 miles too far South here. We'll probably get a rain/sleet mix while Birmingham, Leicester, Notts and Derby get a covering :(

• Like 2

It's looking good for Leicester tonight! I'm going to be envious though because it looks like i'll be about 60 miles too far South here. We'll probably get a rain/sleet mix while Birmingham, Leicester, Notts and Derby get a covering :(

First real snow test for the truck, if things pan out positively!  :ninja:

Edited by echobase

Well the time is ticking down we are getting closer and I was just after a few estimates as to what you guys n girls think you will be waking upto in the morning??

My kids school have just scuppered it all now by sending a txt regarding the Heavy snow forecast and possible closure of school... how dare they!!

Im staying positive for all of the Midlands to see falling Snow over night and many of us all will awake to a nice white wonderland and have some fun early tomorrow morning.

I would say for me in the Peaks as ever will fair well and I estimating/hoping for 6-8cm by tomorrow afternoon... 

GOOD LUCK ONE AND ALL OF YOU.... LET IT SNOW!!!!!!

• Like 2

Well the time is ticking down we are getting closer and I was just after a few estimates as to what you guys n girls think you will be waking upto in the morning??

My kids school have just scuppered it all now by sending a txt regarding the Heavy snow forecast and possible closure of school... how dare they!!

Im staying positive for all of the Midlands to see falling Snow over night and many of us all will awake to a nice white wonderland and have some fun early tomorrow morning.

I'm afraid I fear any leading edge snow will be short lived before it turns to rain, despite Steve Murr's continued optimism. To me the signs continue to look just the wrong side of marginal, as stated in recent days. I hope I'm wrong. Hilly ground may fair a little better though.

Someone posted that -3C 850hPa temps are okay which is very optimistic off a warm front from the Atlantic imho.

Edited by West is Best
  • Like 1

Looking at the radar, the snow may just start to arrive in Worcester from 5pm and then be over the Black Country and Birmingham a short while after this.  Obviously based on current speeds of the front.  It would then have to stall to give significant falls.

I would say for me in the Peaks as ever will fair well and I estimating/hoping for 6-8cm by tomorrow afternoon... 

Yes BS, The NW/Extra Snow risk charts looks good for the Peak District through the night into Wednesday morning.

post-12319-0-10583400-1421764224_thumb.p

Edited by Polar Maritime
  • Like 2

Very, very marginal here. We don't have the on strength for Evap cooling and when you are at 75mASL then it looks like rain/sleet here and I think that's the case below 200m's midlands wide.

Peaks will do well though and higher low levels.

• Like 1

We've also been informed of possible school closure tomorrow. Hope so :D

• Like 1

I'm afraid I fear any leading edge snow will be short lived before it turns to rain, despite Steve Murr's continued optimism. To me the signs continue to look just the wrong side of marginal, as stated in recent days. I hope I'm wrong. Hilly ground may fair a little better though.

Someone posted that -3C 850hPa temps are okay which is very optimistic off a warm front from the Atlantic imho.

Possibly, although to be honest the bigger issue is how much precipitation there will actually be by the time it makes it into the Midlands. Not much I fear.

• Like 1

Possibly, although to be honest the bigger issue is how much precipitation there will actually be by the time it makes it into the Midlands. Not much I fear.

Just what I was thinking.  Unless it stalls, I can see it giving a covering, but moving on out of the area.

I don't agree, precipitation may well stall and intensify, that was the expectation. I don't think you need to worry about amounts, start by worrying if it will be snow or rain!

• Like 1