Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

The Midlands - Weather Chat

Paul

Posted

had the slightest of snow showers overnight... I could actually pick out the individual flakes on the garden table.... lovely to look at..seems like I only missed out on a decent snow cover by a few miles...  snow to the left of me snow to the right here I am stuck in matlock with frost.....

yes me and you both. But radars looking good for later. I,m off to Chesterfield in next 30mins will be there an hour so I will scan the Northern horizon for approaching snow ha ha.

if I time it right I could be driving over Beely moor when the ppn arrives, then again it could bl....y weaken and split going left and right of Matlock. Heres hoping for more snow later this week.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: SNOW..... THUNDERSTORMS

If the NMM is correct, some of us may see some short, light showers. Mainly from late this afternoon to about midnight. Certainly wouldn't expect accumulations from it though. 

Euro4 makes it look even less than NMM.

I just be happy to see falling snow tbh. Like most of us.

Posted

Nothing overnight in the end  :nonono: slight frost this morning and lovely blue skies now.

Wish the upper's were colder for this week, once again -8/-9 upper's that were forecast for tomorrow now look more like -5/-6, persistent problem this winter.

Edited by conor123

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow. Cold

I just be happy to see falling snow tbh. Like most of us.

Unfortunately if it falls as snow I wouldn't expect it to look like much more than glitter in the air. It's really weak PPN by the time it gets here. 

Posted

Nmm continues to show a band of light snow/showers or even a streamer coming down from the north/north east later on this evening and tonight! ! Even if i get a dusting i will be happy!!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Heavy snow, Thunder storms and lightning

And the 6z puts us all back in the game. Soo much drama i cant take it lol.

post-18133-0-15005000-1421579884_thumb.p

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, cold and more snow.

hmmm...that also shows snow for Northern Spain and Africa though too....    :unknw:

Posted

hmmm...that also shows snow for Northern Spain and Africa though too....    :unknw:

I know but its a possibility. Best snow chart I have seen for a long time.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow

:D :D   :D  :D Hi Andy, same old place mate people beliveing chats 2 weeks out then astonished they dont come to fruition lol :D

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, storms

:D :D   :D  :D Hi Andy, same old place mate people beliveing chats 2 weeks out then astonished they dont come to fruition lol :D

Haha! Love it :D I haven't posted on here for what seems like an eternity! I have been as glued to the model runs as ever though for the past few months. Some interesting developments at the moment, looks like a bit of an East vs West battle this coming week!

Posted
  • Location: Llanwnnen, Lampeter, Ceredigion, 126m asl (exotic holidays in Rugby/ Coventry)
  • Location: Llanwnnen, Lampeter, Ceredigion, 126m asl (exotic holidays in Rugby/ Coventry)

Posted

I think it's looking rather good for next week, and at least there's a trend for the cold spell not to come to an end by late next week.

It feeling like a slow burner to me, like Jan' 2013, and we actually had an amazing snow event, which cropped up from nowhere and gave me a foot of snow which wasn't even forecast.

So never give up hope, precipitation in this sort of set up is impossible to tie down to location, it will fall wherever it feel like.

As for the band moving south now, as thought, it's starting to fizzle out and won't be anymore than a band of annoying cloud which will stop the temperatures from dropping, therefore preventing an early frost.

But as I said........you never know! :-D

Posted

I think it's looking rather good for next week, and at least there's a trend for the cold spell not to come to an end by late next week.

It feeling like a slow burner to me, like Jan' 2013, and we actually had an amazing snow event, which cropped up from nowhere and gave me a foot of snow which wasn't even forecast.

So never give up hope, precipitation in this sort of set up is impossible to tie down to location, it will fall wherever it feel like.

As for the band moving south now, as thought, it's starting to fizzle out and won't be anymore than a band of annoying cloud which will stop the temperatures from dropping, therefore preventing an early frost.

A foot !? 

I didn't do very well out of either 2010 or 2013 from what I remember. The most I saw on the ground was about 6 maybe 7cm. I remember the torturous radar watching as my village just south of Leicester would line itself up between a small gap in the middle of two huge bands of snow :p

Edited by kmanmx
  • Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, storms

Ahhh, the good old rollercoaster ride :D

The situation for Wednesday is very complex, it will chop and change loads before then. It does look better at the moment though!

Posted

Ahhh, the good old rollercoaster ride :D

The situation for Wednesday is very complex, it will chop and change loads before then. It does look better at the moment though!

Hi Andy yh its going to be a roller coaster week that's for sure let's just hope we don't feel sick afterwards lol. But last few runs have been getting better' we are in a much better situation than 2 days ago.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: snow

Snowing in stoke

• Like 1

Posted

Very frosty here this morning, -4.2C. Lovely crunchy grass and frozen mud for the dog walk. Snow on surrounding high hills, but nothing at 100m. I'd estimate the snowline as 250-300m.

Currently a blue-sky day with wall-to-wall sunshine and barely any wind. The only thing that would make it perfect is a nice deep layer of snow. Looking promising for mid week.

Posted

Showers seem to of formed into an organised line now moving into North Wales/North Mids, hopefully won't fizzle out before they reach here!

Posted

[quote name="cyclonic happiness" post="3127675" timestamp="1421583853"

Edited by picog

Posted

A foot !? 

I didn't do very well out of either 2010 or 2013 from what I remember. The most I saw on the ground was about 6 maybe 7cm. I remember the torturous radar watching as my village just south of Leicester would line itself up between a small gap in the middle of two huge bands of snow :p

Only 6 inches 4 miles away in Cov very localised I guess.

Posted

Only 6 inches 4 miles away in Cov very localised I guess.

Yup - most did very well. Would be nice to see it again this winter. With the upcoming cold even there is always the possibility... not likely, but possible. Excited to see what it brings.

Posted

Think any showers mostly sleety this afternoon away from hills.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold and Snow -20 would be nice :)

Hi all, well it keeps on changing run by run and Tues looks now like being a bit of a wintry mix

in fact nothing major regarding snow fall due to the band now weakening as it moves against the HP

Tuesday ATM sees sleet even rain to lower levels  :nonono: but as we all know that can/could change in the forecast even the night before.

Now weds with the 850's being around -5 mark things look good for snow,

The models are showing a slow moving low at this stage being slap bang over the top of us, it could give us snow on and off from Weds into Thurs :yahoo:

and then a very cold end to the week and ATM into next weekend :D

A VERY WINTRY WEEK AHEAD FOLKS :cold: :cold: :cold:

Edited by Dancerwithwings

Posted

Haha! Love it :D I haven't posted on here for what seems like an eternity! I have been as glued to the model runs as ever though for the past few months. Some interesting developments at the moment, looks like a bit of an East vs West battle this coming week!

Andy's back!