Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

The Midlands - Weather Chat

Paul

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and Thunderstorms

I can't upload The video of the Snow Shower that i got on the road from back of Mam Tor to Chapel road was nice to see the first Snow of the winter which settled as well temp dropped to 0.5c in the shower.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold and Snow -20 would be nice :)

And the reality not so cold in the end DWW:

attachicon.gifNot so cold Fri.JPG

http://weatherobs.com/

Only one day out  :p  yesterday temps were around three to four Celsius in parts of the Midlands, but parts of the SE didn't get above 2c...Anyway nice link...

It's been added to my many Bookmarks.... Cheers Tony :good: Currently 3.5c here.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Anything extreme

The first wet snow of the season here in a shower between 1610 and 1630; still waiting for the first air frost , perhaps tonight?

• Like 1

Posted
  • Location: Llanwnnen, Lampeter, Ceredigion, 126m asl (exotic holidays in Rugby/ Coventry)
  • Location: Llanwnnen, Lampeter, Ceredigion, 126m asl (exotic holidays in Rugby/ Coventry)

Only one day out  :p  yesterday temps were around three to four Celsius in parts of the Midlands, but parts of the SE didn't get above 2c...Anyway nice link...

It's been added to my many Bookmarks.... Cheers Tony :good: Currently 3.5c here.

Yes Thursday was the one off cold day this week really, max 1.8c here with the inversion!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: obviously snow!

2 GFS runs on the trot now, to show a northerly for weekend of 13th-14th, hope it doesn't flatten out as we get nearer the time

• Like 1

Posted
  • Location: Derbyshire Peak District South Pennines Middleton & Smerrill Tops 305m (1001ft) asl.
  • Location: Derbyshire Peak District South Pennines Middleton & Smerrill Tops 305m (1001ft) asl.

A bright full/moonlit night, With crystal clear sky's and no wind.

Temp 0.2c

Dp -1.1c

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow!

Met Office have forecast a snowflake for me (just the one, mind) for 9pm Sunday night.

Better get the snow shovel out!

Posted

The first snow of winter has fallen in Derbyshire.

Edited by Polar Maritime
  • Like 2

Posted

A dry very clear night with a penetrating frost, A low of -2.4c, Currently Dry and clear with deep blue sky's.

Temp -2.3c

Dp -3.8c

Wind West 0.8mph

Rain today 0.0mm

Posted

Thick hard frost here....houses, hills and everything white crisp...feeling festive with decs up too....-6c last night currently -4c... Hail/ sleet yesterday afternoon....now ice all over patio.... Hoping for a few snowflakes tomorrow night/ monday....

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sun, Snow and Storms

Clear blue skies here.

Temperature dropped to -1.4C overnight 

Probably not quite as low as anticipated, but we are downwind of the Wolverhampton/Birmingham Metopolis.

MIA

Posted

First snow weather warning of winter for sunday through monday.... Being 300m up i think im safely in the 2-5cm bracket... If it comes off is another thing.... Can hope....

post-16439-0-46379200-1417864186_thumb.j

Posted

Stayed just above zero last night somehow despite clear skies, lovely day thus fart today, 6.2c and sunny spells currently.

• Like 1

Posted

Frosty this morning and ice still covering whole pond - pond is about 6 metres across. Blue skies disappearing a bit, but still bright.

Looking good for SNOW for a lot of the Midlands next Saturday - everyone getting quite excited in the Model Outlook thread! Depths for most of us could be at least 5cm if it comes off as currently forecast.

Posted

Great frost today! min -3.0C, wish this weather would last!

I used to be LW radio station remembered, sorry for the westerlies, think netweather have banned me!

Edited by Ilovethesnow
  • Like 1

Posted

Frosty this morning and ice still covering whole pond - pond is about 6 metres across. Blue skies disappearing a bit, but still bright.

Looking good for SNOW for a lot of the Midlands next Saturday - everyone getting quite excited in the Model Outlook thread! Depths for most of us could be at least 5cm if it comes off as currently forecast.

with the frosts we've had recently any snow that falls should settle nicely! ! The ground over here in Leicester is still covered in a white frost and its 1.30 now! ! Goes to show how cold it is out there!!

Posted

Loved our dog walk today. Last winter, walking with my poor old 13 year old King Charles Spaniel...we got so sick of the mud. He has since passed sadly but this year I have my 15 month old Lurcher. Was lovely to see him curiously sniffing iced over puddles ("What's happened to my drinks?")and getting excited sprinting through the frosty grass! Was nice that my dog walks had a crunchy instead of squelchy feel. My poor old boy last year would have been happier this time around! However, my current dog has never seen snow before as there was none in his first winter...and he spent his first winter at the dog rescue centre.

I really hope I get the chance to introduce him to snow this winter. Going to have to video it...he's going to be one excited pup!

Edited by Gord
  • Like 1

Posted

Loved our dog walk today. Last winter, walking with my poor old 13 year old King Charles Spaniel...we got so sick of the mud. He has since passed sadly but this year I have my 15 month old Lurcher. Was lovely to see him curiously sniffing iced over puddles ("What's happened to my drinks?")and getting excited sprinting through the frosty grass! Was nice that my dog walks had a crunchy instead of squelchy feel. My poor old boy last year would have been happier this time around! However, my current dog has never seen snow before as there was none in his first winter...and he spent his first winter at the dog rescue centre.

I really hope I get the chance to introduce him to snow this winter. Going to have to video it...he's going to be one excited pup!

Sorry to read you lost your KC spaniel, I lost my 16 year old Jack Russel in May. Like you there's a new kid on the block who has not yet seen snow. She's a spaniel and I am expecting her to go mad in the snow, both my other two dogs did. Chasing and eating snowballs was a favorite on walks, and just generally tearing around iin the snow was the other favorite activity.

• Like 2

Posted

Great frost today! min -3.0C, wish this weather would last!

I used to be LW radio station remembered, sorry for the westerlies, think netweather have banned me!

Great to have a fellow coldie on board in the Midlands thread tongue.gif 

Regarding SNOW & COLD looking at the UKMO chart below plenty of potential there come the end of this coming week  3d-magical-snowman.gif

UW144-21_gki7.GIF

Posted

Regarding SNOW & COLD looking at the UKMO chart below plenty of potential there come the end of this coming week  3d-magical-snowman.gif

UW144-21_gki7.GIF

Nobody likes snow more than me on this forum! it does look like a good toppler, constantly being modelled

Posted

Nobody likes snow more than me on this forum! it does look like a good toppler, constantly being modelled

ECM looks even better than the UKMO on the 12z output at 144h.... ECM 168h :yahoo:...."Nobody likes snow more than me" Don't think so somehow.... LOL!!!!!

Edited by Dancerwithwings

Posted

UW144-21_gki7.GIF

Have you not realised who he is DWW he gave us a big clue :)

• Like 1

Posted

Have you not realised who he is DWW he gave us a big clue :)

Ay Tony! it will not let me sign in to my other account

Posted

Tony..... I always knew, when looking at the location of Ilovethesnow and just to make sure checked his ( Member Since 20 Dec 2012 ) as i said... i always knew  :hi:

But come on! the guy said he's sorry for the westerlies and that'll do me, anyway Ihaterain/IhateStafford/IrememberAtlantic252... i like the new you keep it up :laugh::wink:

Edited by Dancerwithwings