Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

The Midlands - Weather Chat

Paul

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, cold and more snow.

very low elevation that, assuming places around you are higher? mine is bad as well, got Cannock chase near me, much above 200m, Cannock its self higher, Stoke way is also higher

To be fair Moreton paddock is 105m and is literally a 2 minute drive. I might go and stand up there at 6am tomorrow morning!!!

Posted

Boxing Day elevation had nothing to do with it around here. It was all about that rain/snow boundary. Hence why I had rain at over 200m but ILTS had snow at 100m.

Different scenario tomorrow morning as it's going to be about the placement of the showers as well as elevation but for Tuesday...who knows where such boundaries could set up?

I think there could be surprises for all of us. Being higher up doesn't always give me an instant path to snow.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: SNAW

Moderate snow shower..... Instant covering.... Everything white out.... -1c dew -2c....

Send it my way please mate...

• Like 1

Posted

Send it my way please mate...

Showers seem to be popping out of nowhere.... Later on im sure with the trough there will be more organised snow.... Hopefully both ends of the park! â„ï¸â„ï¸â„ï¸â„ï¸â›„ï¸â›„ï¸

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: obviously snow!

Boxing Day elevation had nothing to do with it around here. It was all about that rain/snow boundary. Hence why I had rain at over 200m but ILTS had snow at 100m.

Different scenario tomorrow morning as it's going to be about the placement of the showers as well as elevation but for Tuesday...who knows where such boundaries could set up?

I think there could be surprises for all of us. Being higher up doesn't always give me an instant path to snow.

shower distribution also the key, helen willetts 6-10 dayer on bbc looks fairly good, although a bit outdated? still goes for end of week easterly, only GFS 12Z shows this

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, Blizzards, Hoarfrost, Frost and Extremes

Just crystal clear here. Reckon we'll be lucky to see any snow tonight, but you never know we might get lucky and tap into a few of those showers :-)

Posted

Showers seem to be popping out of nowhere.... Later on im sure with the trough there will be more organised snow.... Hopefully both ends of the park! â„ï¸â„ï¸â„ï¸â„ï¸â›„ï¸â›„ï¸

I hope so I promised my kids another day or 2 of fun in the snow next week... they loved boxing day and the week after....

Posted

Yes indeed........I must admit I was allowing myself to get excited with the model output earlier in the week.....been brought back down a little now but have to say that cold and no snow is better than mild rain
  • Like 1

Posted

DO WE DARE GO BACK TO THE MODEL OUTPUT THREAD FOR THE PUB RUN??? I REALLY HOPE ITS A FRIDAY NIGHT DOUBLE VODKA RED BULL SPECIAL...

• Like 4

Posted

I hope so I promised my kids another day or 2 of fun in the snow next week... they loved boxing day and the week after....

At 130pm started hailing.... As nw bbc lunch forecast came on turned to snow, had to head down the hill for 2pm got covered.... Had 1-2cm enough to leave footprints in.... Hope peak gets lots of snow tomorrow! â„ï¸â„ï¸â„ï¸â›„ï¸

• Like 1

Posted

Temps dropping off nice now..-1.3c dew point -5

Ha ha! Think the airfield might have under soil heating as it's still above freezing here. 0.3 dew point -1.6

Posted

very low elevation that, assuming places around you are higher? mine is bad as well, got Cannock chase near me, much above 200m, Cannock its self higher, Stoke way is also higher

You're about 10m higher than me. :D

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: WHITE GOLD

Ha ha! Think the airfield might have under soil heating as it's still above freezing here. 0.3 dew point -1.6

Yeah, we live on top of the Woodloes, so maybe why, but to be fair i havnt a clue why so different. Anyway wecome VC.

Posted

Yeah, we live on top of the Woodloes, so maybe why, but to be fair i havnt a clue why so different. Anyway wecome VC.

Thanks Foz . Was brought up in Boswell grove and went to both schools so know Woodloes very well...

• Like 1

Posted

its all gone pear shaped early doors on the 18z everythings gone east and no slider.... oh dear there is going to be some real wrist slashing in there in the morning..... I think I might just scrape the ice out of my freezer and throw it on the garden and tell the kids its snowed.... lol

• Like 3

Posted

its all gone pear shaped early doors on the 18z everythings gone east and no slider.... oh dear there is going to be some real wrist slashing in there in the morning..... I think I might just scrape the ice out of my freezer and throw it on the garden and tell the kids its snowed.... lol

Genius idea.!!......

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow. Cold

Yeah I took a quick look and then backed away. 

At least it's nice and cold. So there's that. Not all doom and gloom, could quite easily be 10c and raining. 

• Like 1

Posted

06z too far west... 12z perfectish.... 18z too far east.... Is it on a hypnotic pendulum? Will it swing back enough by monday to make most uk happy? â„ï¸â„ï¸â„ï¸â›„ï¸â›„ï¸â›„ï¸

• Like 2

Posted

06z too far west... 12z perfectish.... 18z too far east.... Is it on a hypnotic pendulum? Will it swing back enough by monday to make most uk happy? â„ï¸â„ï¸â„ï¸â›„ï¸â›„ï¸â›„ï¸

Who knows I don't think ive ever seen such poor runs from one model to the next.... they are all just all other place....maybe something is afoot and this is throwing them all out of sorts... just such massive downgrades so quickly....I know the models often pick up on a pattern then drop it then fall back to it a few runs later but not all at once on the same day.... if this goes pear shaped there will be a lot of eggs on a lot of faces...

Posted

It's all doom and gloom over in the mod thread. Anyhow I now have 3 hours of light snow forecast early doors tomorow so fingers crossed

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: obviously snow!

not just the 18Z all models, trouble was the cold/snow was always in FI, now all I am expecting next week is, cold and dry mon and tues, rain Wed, then back to square 1, straw clutching topplers at 300+, hoping for dry windows in the zonal flow, that's from Wed 21st

• Like 1

Posted

Who knows I don't think ive ever seen such poor runs from one model to the next.... they are all just all other place....maybe something is afoot and this is throwing them all out of sorts... just such massive downgrades so quickly....I know the models often pick up on a pattern then drop it then fall back to it a few runs later but not all at once on the same day.... if this goes pear shaped there will be a lot of eggs on a lot of faces...

Yes, will be embarrassing for some....I think this is exceptional though...the weather just wants to let us know that we are not even close to the understanding of the complexities of it....I for one can't believe the very exciting prospect of the Opi index would be so off...it's going to be one hell of a February if their -ao prediction is to come true

• Like 1