Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

The Midlands - Weather Chat

Paul

Posted
  • Location: Llanwnnen, Lampeter, Ceredigion, 126m asl (exotic holidays in Rugby/ Coventry)
  • Location: Llanwnnen, Lampeter, Ceredigion, 126m asl (exotic holidays in Rugby/ Coventry)

fed up with this winter now.  apart from some frosts there has once again been no snow for us in Northamptonshire.  I love the snow and cold but would rather it was warm and spring now if all we are going to get this winter is cold icy rain and sleet.  Not excited at all just another boring old british winter non event.

That too may hold much disappoint for you!

Posted

Good to see some in my sweet spot got a pasting!!!!!

S

Unfortunately most did nt though Steve :(

Posted

We were in a so called good spot and got nothing!

Dull, dank and cold again today. Winter has been pathetic so far

for most in this region.

The outlook is rubbish as well.

I reckon game over for a proper cold spell this winter.

Edited by The Wolf

Posted

for most in this region.

Christ cheer up for Gawds sake - and just remembe theres always Spring to look forward to for snow :)

Edited by TonyH
  • Like 3

Posted

for most in this region.

You need to step away from the charts for a few days old chap, and distract yourself doing something you enjoy - watching sport, going out for meals, salsa dancing, whatever. You're getting waaaay too worked up about the weather at the moment.

Bish

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sun, Snow and Storms

Humidity stable over night here MIA, but dropped from 88 to 83% about 11 this morning.

Thanks PICOG,

I am  beginning to think that I didn't reset correctly the previous night.

I have to reset it each day. 

MIA

Temps dropping rapidly now the skies are clearing. Max at 13:00 when the sun came out was 3.2C. 

With the drier air definately moving in now as high pressure pushes down from the North  East the humidity is 72% and the dewpoint already is -3.1c..

We haven't been able to say that much (about high pressure from the North east) in the last 2 years!!

Perhaps its the first of many. :yahoo:  :yahoo:  :)

• Like 1

Posted

It turned into a very pleasant day here after the early gloom. Sun cane out, nice and calm with a max temp of 4.0C. Temp now falling and almost back to zero.

Posted

Upon leaving the office a short while ago, I was very surprised to find the car already completely iced over.

Currently -0.8°C and still falling.

Bish

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold and Snow -20 would be nice :)

You need to step away from the charts for a few days old chap, and distract yourself doing something you enjoy - watching sport, going out for meals, salsa dancing, whatever. You're getting waaaay too worked up about the weather at the moment.

Bish

Well said :) ......Salsa dancing :laugh: The only thing that's Salsa for me goes straight on a plate :laugh:

Currently -0.9c DP -2.8c :smile:

Edited by Dancerwithwings
  • Like 1

Posted
  • Location: Derbyshire Peak District South Pennines Middleton & Smerrill Tops 305m (1001ft) asl.
  • Location: Derbyshire Peak District South Pennines Middleton & Smerrill Tops 305m (1001ft) asl.

A slight thaw of Snow today leaving around 7cm cover, A max of 1.2c

Currently; Dry with patchy cloud.

Temp 0c

Dp -0.6c

Wind S/W 0.8mph

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, storms

Christ cheer up for Gawds sake - and just remembe theres always Spring to look forward to for snow :)

Haha! Gotta give it to you Tone, you don't beat around the bush!

I agree, There is still 2-3 months left for a chance of seeing snow. I remember a few years back now when Leicester had 2 inches of snow at the start of April!

• Like 1

Posted

A few rural areas could get some low minimums tonight ! No snow but a proper cold winters night , could be a lot worse wet and 8 deg c for example

• Like 1

Posted

A few rural areas could get some low minimums tonight ! No snow but a proper cold winters night , could be a lot worse wet and 8 deg c for example

I can tell you it's absolutely bitter here! I don't know the exact temp but 10 miles away in Benson it's -4 and i'd say it's -2 or colder here, everywhere is white with frost already.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: SNAW

I agree, There is still 2-3 months left for a chance of seeing snow. I remember a few years back now when Leicester had 2 inches of snow at the start of April!

Was it April 2012....had a really warm March and then winter had one last swipe first week of April...some areas in the peaks had nearly 20-30cms that night...

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: obviously snow!

I can tell you it's absolutely bitter here! I don't know the exact temp but 10 miles away in Benson it's -4 and i'd say it's -2 or colder here, everywhere is white with frost already.

seems a waste of a cold night, when the mild air is just going to stroll in without frontal snow dumping beforehand

actually very similar to new years eve

Posted

I live about 300yards from Rainworth FC lol

Roads are pretty much ok, about 3-4cm of snow on garden/grass/footie pitch, but it's due to warm up by the weekend. Sunny on Saturday 5deg and up to 7degrees on Sunday so would have thought the game will be on :)

How spooky is that, thanks for the info, fingers crossed the pitch is fit for Sunday then. Thanks again

Hi, just looking for an update. Has all the snow now melted in your area, obviously thinking more of the pitch, thanks. Edited by fatyido

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sun, Snow and Storms

Temperature now dropped to -2.9C here in Solihull.

If it stays clear we could see a lowest for the year so far with no wind.

Posted

Thanks Andy and great to see you and you're humour back :)

Late April 1981 the best late snowfall in my life, 2 or 3  inches in Coventry, max 1c and it stuck a couple of days, 1 to 2 feet up where TM lives!

Posted

An Oxford PWS on -3c and Benson now on -5c, shame no snow cover would have had some -10's tonight, perhaps over the N Mids.

seems a waste of a cold night, when the mild air is just going to stroll in without frontal snow dumping beforehand

actually very similar to new years eve

Enjoy it while it lasts, we live in a changeable climate :)

• Like 1

Posted

I still feel like we'll get a good dumping in February. I'm not gonna get too p**sed off with it all yet.

I'm starting to wonder whether the GFS was updated for the better  or the worse? It seems to be lying to us constantly since the new update?

• Like 2

Posted

Hi, just looking for an update. Has all the snow now melted in your area, obviously thinking more of the pitch, thanks.

I live not far away and yes it has started to melt. My son played last Saturday on their and it was virtually frozen lol but they played. I am sure it will be gone on Sunday as we are in for a warmish day Saturday.

Posted

Thanks Andy and great to see you and you're humour back :)

Late April 1981 the best late snowfall in my life, 2 or 3  inches in Coventry, max 1c and it stuck a couple of days, 1 to 2 feet up where TM lives!

Cheers bud, it feels good to be back :D

Yeah I often find that we tend to have a better chance of snow in Feb and March than Dec or Jan! I don't know if that is statistically correct, it probably isn't but my late Grandad used to always tell me that Feb was the snowiest month.