Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

The Midlands - Weather Chat

Paul

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow

The biggest dumpings will be over Solihull and also over Leceister, although everywhere else will at least still see between 60 to 70cm of snow...

(PS: nah, just made it up I'm afraid. But kinda wish it was true, though).

A Little Bird told me the biggest dumping will be over Alvechurch!!! So i will be wearing a hat the next couple of days!!! it will be the only thing white falling from sky

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Calm warm and sunny 😎

MetO still have my area down for heavy snow between 10pm tomorrow night at 6am Wednesday morning. 

4pm update knocks it down to light snow. for me in chesterfield. i expect more downgrades to follow...

yet, there is always hope. after all it's all so far just a forecast good or bad, not reality. 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, snow and more snow:)

BBC news 24 just talked about the snow moving through midlands...is it game on again?

I haven't a clue anymore!!!!

Posted

BBC news 24 just talked about the snow moving through midlands...is it game on again?

I haven't a clue anymore!!!!

Probably recorded from earlier!

At least if it doesn't snow we won't have to endure watching it melt on Thursday!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow. Cold

I wish I was a multi billionaire. I'd build a high resolution model with 72hours output and a resolution down to 100m. It would also issue a new run every hour, free for anybody to see and do with it what they like. It'd cost probably £10Bn for a supercomputer that powerful. On the plus side i'd have a slightly higher chance of knowing whether there will be 0.5cm or 1cm of snow falling in Leicester :)

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Heavy snow, Thunder storms and lightning

Where is ian ferguson when we need him

Hiding

• Like 1

Posted

4pm update knocks it down to light snow. for me in chesterfield. i expect more downgrades to follow...

yet, there is always hope. after all it's all so far just a forecast good or bad, not reality. 

I've been quite fortunate of late really, we had snow lying from Boxing Day into the New Year and then occassional flurries since. I suppose we will just have to see what Mother Nature delivers! 

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunshine, thunder, hail & heavy snow

A Little Bird told me the biggest dumping will be over Alvechurch!!! So i will be wearing a hat the next couple of days!!! it will be the only thing white falling from sky

Ar lucky! I hope what ever model that Little Bird looked at is wrong. :p

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot n cold

Following this cold spell for over a week and the best we had was ice in the morning. Typical.

bloody hopeless island we live on !

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunshine, thunder, hail & heavy snow

I think tomorrow and Wednesday will certainly become one of those lamppost and radar-watching moments with the way some models go for snow and the way some go for rain/sleet.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot n cold

MetO still have my area down for heavy snow between 10pm tomorrow night at 6am Wednesday morning.

ha ha unbelievable

Posted

So any snow over the next couple of days is a bonus. All eyes to the models then to see when the next cold spell is. Hopefully 10 times better than this one.

Edited by Hathers

Posted

There are some ridiculous knee jerk reactions here regarding the potential shown tomorrow night. The gfs has changed its precipitation forecast drastically from 6 to 12z but it'll probably change again .

I don't think a great deal in the scheme of things has changed- a potential for some snow somewhere tomorrow evening/ night but not a whiteout.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Location: Llanwnnen, Lampeter, Ceredigion, 126m asl (exotic holidays in Rugby/ Coventry)
  • Location: Llanwnnen, Lampeter, Ceredigion, 126m asl (exotic holidays in Rugby/ Coventry)

LOL could not make this up poor form from the so called experts.

Snow is rather difficult to predict you do realise?

• Like 1

Posted

Remember that there is some ongoing warming in the stratosphere which favours more cold outbreaks as we move through the remainder of winter. So, although we may never find ourselves in the freezer, there could be possibilities of snow and frosts. Winter is far from over.

• Like 1

Posted

I really wouldnt take to much notice of the precipitation on gfs   prob best from now on to watch the euro 4  and nmm  modelsnmmuk-1-50-0.png?19-12

Best just look out the window and at the radar from tomorrow really.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Extreme Weather, Tornado's, Heavy snowfall, Thunderstorms

"IF" the GME Europa chart were to be correct then snow would be more likely.

Posted

Hiding

I guess he has a day job!

Edited by TonyH

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: obviously snow!

Euro4 looming very good for Wales n West Midlands

seems patchy, all I can see for low levels is just patchy rain and sleet, seems to be mild sectors mixed inm ppn band seems skinny and broken