Northwest England - Weather Chat

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

My drive home from work tonight! Shame it didn't stick around!

Snowing here, and now settling quite rapidly. Who'd have thought it.   

Posted Images

Not sure how tonight will go here, if we see heavy precipitation good chance of at least a temporary slushy cover, but we may just be on the edge of the precipitation band and therefore won't benefit from evaporative cooling - hope I'm wrong would be nice to see a bit of the white stuff.

Pennine areas should do preety well, Wharfedale could be a good spot.

Met office, bbc, and iPhone weather apps all had snow forecast for tomorrow in my area.

Just checked all 3 just have rain now.

Oh well it's still exciting all the will it, won't it over the past week.

LOADS BETTER than last year in my opinion.

Yes, I looked at the warnings today and the earlier BBC charts and thought there was a discrepancy, Met warning even had warnings for right out west, once the 12z Euro4 came out, I haven't really bought into anything decent, I am even surprised to see people getting snow at 700ft to be honest, just rain here, apart from a few showers tomorrow morning and Saturday, I cant see anything, although whatever does fall on Sat will be snow to low levels, unfortunately, getting any decent intensity or longevity of precipitation  will be a problem.

Just heavy rain here too, but this isn't the main event, that's later.

My temperature is rising though, associated with the warmer uppers and mild sector. Up to 4.8C now and rising quickly. Should the temperature of continued to drop at the rate it was at 6pm, I would be excited.

And snow again lol

What's your dew point?

• Like 2

Rain Today still showing only parts of Cumbrian fells are having the picture postcard white stuff, everywhere else a sleety mix at best with the majority of areas having pure liquefied h20.

raintoday.jpg

Just popped into the South Eastern England thread, one member posted a picture of a dusting of snow this morning in the south east.

Now considering we're in the north, and we haven't had a dusting yet, this has really annoyed me...

• Like 4