Snow?

Northwest England - Weather Chat

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

My drive home from work tonight! Shame it didn't stick around!

Snowing here, and now settling quite rapidly. Who'd have thought it.   

Posted Images

That squall line was virtually non-existent here - not for the first time I appear to have been duped by the very deep purple colours showing on the radar.

Edited by dodgeredee
  • Like 1

I'm probably not that far from you and it absolutely lashed it down here.

Yes, strange one that.  I zoomed in as far as I could on the radar and my street was in a (squall-free-zone), also doubles up as a snow-shield in the winter when snows on the way lol - everything goes round it!

Weather for week ahead and first time BBC have mentioned possible snow for our area on Friday but still very low confidence.  Not placing any bets yet.

Edited by dodgeredee

A little consistency from the GFS from the past few runs now for some light snow as colder air undercuts a front on Thursday night into Friday morning, so perhaps a back edge feature to look out for. But that being said, the upper air still does not look great.

Interestingly, it also gives almost all of northern Britain (away from the coasts) an ice day to look forward to on Saturday after recovering from a very harsh frost on Friday night. Should this materialize, ice will become an issue I suspect. A little too far out to say just now, but I'm looking forward to Friday & Saturday!

This is also interesting:

post-8895-0-26889900-1418173749_thumb.pn

Edited by Backtrack
  • Like 1

Windy here but about the same strength as last night. Seen a report thT gust of 128 km/hr recorded at Malin Head, co donegal, ireland at 2300 hrs last night. ThTs not too far from my mums. They are getting battered !!