Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Northwest England - Weather Chat

Paul

Posted

Thin veneer of frost on my cars now ....

cars hey more than one lol

Rain stopped here atm hurray

Currently 2c

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow,snow,snow!! Ooh and sunny,warm days!!!

Its been freezing here for the last few hours, clear skies, and then i wondered what the heck was going on when i looked at the cctv in back garden and down the drive with the street light, i thought there was a fire! It was a patch of freezing fog that came in, looked eerily spooky! Its gone now but still freezing cold, however since this weather station is a super duper one and under the carport, i havent got the foggiest! How cold it actually is out there.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer heat and winter cold, and a bit of snow when on offer

Temperature falling slowly here but still not reached freezing point.

Currently 0.5c

Posted

Another frosty night here - managed a good number now so far this winter. Currently -2.3 degrees, could get down to around -4 degrees by dawn.

Tomorrow promises to be a fine crisp winter's day with frost very slow to clear, before cloud begins to encroach in the evening from the west. After that back to the wet stuff, but also some drier clear interludes.

All very typical weather for early January- a period not generally renowned for being settled, much more likely to see cold settled conditions in February than January.

So far this is turning into a very mixed winter with a bit of everything - much more varied than last year, but not enough sustained cold yet for my liking, plenty of time yet, just a week of snow cover and hard frosts would do - early Feb 2012 was good in this respect despite the rest of the winter being poor for cold, however, I still hold hope for generally colder conditions to win out during second of winter compared to first half.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Atlantic storms, severe gales, blowing snow and frost :)

Down to -0.3c, should be a nice crisp winters day tomorrow as Damian said above :)

Fairly quiet start to the new week but attention then gets drawn to the latter half of next week when things look to become very disturbed with the potential for some severe winds and heavy rainfall. 

Edited by Liam J

Posted

Down to -0.3c, should be a nice crisp winters day tomorrow as Damian said above :)

Fairly quiet start to the new week but attention then gets drawn to the latter half of next week when things look to become very disturbed with the potential for some severe winds and heavy rainfall. 

Yes a wet windy affair looks likely - but very normal at this time of year for this part of the country, but would much prefer to see some snow and cold frosty weather to brighten up what is generally the most 'dreich' time of the year.

• Like 1

Posted

Still freezing here,drinking hot choc and baileys! Yum!!

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter - snow, Irish sea convection. Summer - thunderstorms, hot sunny days

The temperature is dropping very fast here now. Went below freezing at 21:45, reached -1 at 23:00 and is now at -1.6c.

The 9th air-frost of the winter.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer heat and winter cold, and a bit of snow when on offer

-2c here, after recent failed attemps i was honestly not expecting it to drop so low.

Posted

Sunshine clear sky -3. Beautiful winters morning.

Never seem to get fog here but quite a few occasions this winter I've driven round the corner and there's been loads of it.

Posted

Sunshine clear sky -3. Beautiful winters morning.

Never seem to get fog here but quite a few occasions this winter I've driven round the corner and there's been loads of it.

There was thick fog here when I went to bed but clear and frosty when I woke up. Can't really complain as it's beautiful out there, but I was kind of hoping for a nice foggy day today, I've not had one for a while.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer: warm, humid, thundery. Winter: mild, stormy, some snow.

Not that cold here.. only 0.1C minima (still a frost, and thin film of ice on puddles).. that's what happens when you live on top of a hill by the sea. Liverpool airport was reported to have fallen to -3C (probably rounded down)

Edited by SP1986

Posted

Its white over with frost here again, think its the 4th weve had this winter.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy weather

Lovely crisp fresh frosty morning. Puddles even frozen. Sun is shining

• Like 1