Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Yorkshire and Lincolnshire - Weather Chat

Paul

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: cold,snowy,frosty and thunderstorms

Haha.

Well I'd say the favoured areas are definatly west/north yorkshire and western parts of south yorkshire, generally the further west you are the better. As ever wih showers coming in from the north west this will always be the case. But the flip side, come sunday when this disturbance tracks down the eastern side of the uk it will be east yorkshire, linconshire at greatest risk!

ah, okidoki, thanks for your reply, i have no idea which side of south yorkshire i am LOL, well what will be will be :)

• Like 1

Posted

good evening all, just to say good luck to those of us wanting to see snow over the comming days, fingers crossed even us down here might see a bit to.

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Mild Spring , hot summer , crisp autumn and snowy cold winters

Thinking of taking a trip up to the Sculpture Park on Saturday or am I being premature ?! Getting a little excited now :)

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow

Looks to be a nice area of precipitation over Ireland that should curl back towards us over the next few hours. Hopefully snow!!

Posted

Excellent GFS 18z for our region. Won't talk about intimidate snow prospects as Harsh Climate and Cheese rice cover this nicely. I would urge caution with regards to Tuesdays precipitation. I am of the opinion it will be much further west than progged on the 18z. Should the GFS 18z come off, 5-10cm widely seems possible. Although as stated, watch for westward corrections. The easterly, should it occur, will hopefully do wonders for our region. Again, taking the 18z, a few days of heavy show showers would occur. A good week coming up :)

E.g. > http://en.vedur.is/weather/forecasts/atlantic/#type=prec

Edited by Mark Bayley
  • Like 2

Posted

ah, okidoki, thanks for your reply, i have no idea which side of south yorkshire i am LOL, well what will be will be :)

I'd say we're west of south yorkshire - donny is east

Posted

I'd say we're west of south yorkshire - donny is east

ok, thanks for your reply, glad i know now, crap at geography, although i could have just googled it lol, ta :)

Posted

ok, thanks for your reply, glad i know now, crap at geography, although i could have just googled it lol, ta :)

haha - now i've got 73 posta - one more than you :)

Posted

Looks like this region could get a number of chances for snow in the next week. 

I'm heading back down south for a few days tomorrow, but I'm expecting to come back to snowfall guys.  :D

Posted

Looks like this region could get a number of chances for snow in the next week. 

I'm heading back down south for a few days tomorrow, but I'm expecting to come back to snowfall guys.  :D

im hoping you come back to our whole region buried under snow lol :)

Posted

How long before the Daily Express gets on board - snowmageddon. Hopefully they will wait til we've had a decent pasting before they jinx it as per normal.

Posted

im hoping you come back to our whole region buried under snow lol :)

Because of the chances up here, and I'm hoping I can cut my journey short and actually come back up here on Monday to catch any potential snow later in the week!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and Cold! Winter :)

well just got back home from cinema. The wind is freezing cold!! Temps havent dropped yet though, still said 5c on car coming back.

Cant wait for weekend and next week :D:cold:

Posted

Because of the chances up here, and I'm hoping I can cut my journey short and actually come back up here on Monday to catch any potential snow later in the week!

well fingers crossed you can, you dont want to be missing out on the pasting's we are going to get lol :)

Posted

Hahaha! It'll be my first proper Yorkshire snowfall!

lets hope the first, is one you wont ever forget  :yahoo:

Posted

Not that I want to spoil your journey, but I hope by Tuesday, that no-one can get up here. Bring on Radio Sheffield emergency snowline, Dearne FM reading out closed schools for hours. We missed all that last year.

• Like 2

Posted

The nice thing about snow on our street is the community spirit that it brings out. Clearing the road of snow so we can get our cars out of the estate is the one event when we actually speak to our neighbours :cold:

Posted

The nice thing about snow on our street is the community spirit that it brings out. Clearing the road of snow so we can get our cars out of the estate is the one event when we actually speak to our neighbours :cold:

yes it is " hiya, im so sorry one of my kids put your window through with an ice ball" lol 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold, Sunny Days - Snow - Warm, Dry Days, Thunderstorms

Wind didn't seem too bad earlier when I nipped to the shop, but it was darn cold when it did blow!

Looks like steady snow over the Woodhead pass and Snake pass today and even continuing now, I've a feeling they won't take much to become blocked anymore :)

Posted

Im inbetween the snake and woodhead passes hop eitherside of my hill can see both of them... Hoping for something soon... Radars pepping up.....

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: 6ft snow or 30°C sunshine...

Ok, I know the 'IMBY' type questions are a bit annoying, what are the chance of my area (Huddersfield) getting a pasting next week? We had that bit of snow on Boxing Day which hung around for about 5 days but since then virtually nothing - it seems to have either been above us or below us.

It'd be fab to get a right dumping like we did a couple of years ago!! ⛄

Edited by Snowday

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: extreme weather

Well if we are to see snow showers this weekend I would make the most of it. Because the gfs ECM and to a degree the ukmo are shocking this morning. Basically rain for most of us next week now. Milder temps by Wednesday. Guess here in uk though we all see great synoptics then it all gets watered down. Certainly a blink and miss it affair next week I'm afraid.